PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Schatz co-costing with Dale Arnold right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schatz is good, he's been on Simmons podcast a couple of times too.

I can't stand to listen to pretty much anything on WEEI though. It's terrible.
When I can I tune in to WFAN, specifically Mike and the Maddog, who in my opinion are the best sports talk in the country. New York centric of course, but they talk about everything. It's great, and because they now stream online, it's easy to listen to.

I honestly can't think of another major city with worse radio personalities. Other than Ordway, who is just OK, you have a bunch of whiny no-talent bozos.

You obviously haven't been to San Francisco, LA, SD and most of the other
cities in the USA.

Last edited:
Did you hear Arnold yesterday talking to Wilfork about how Wilfork was in pass coverage? He gave his usual golly gee softball question/statement. "Who did I see in pass coverage, but Vince Wilfork." Wilfork corrected him that he was coming on to the field from the sideline.
"You weren't in the play?" Arnold brilliantly asks. Good prep work. For a guy who is paid to be in the sports business, it is amazing how careless and mistaken is often is. It baffles me that he actually gets paid.

If you don't like Michael Holley, I don't really see how you can like anyone. He is well-informed. He has a terrific memory and avoids hyperbole. He actually takes the time to ensure an opinion is validated by the facts. He avoids interrupting and bullying callers and guests.

Sure he wears his OSU love in his sleeve, but what is wrong with that? It isn't like he brings them up all the time, just when they happen to be relevent.

How anyone could like any of the other guys, I just can't figure out. D&C know absolutely nothing about anything and just push hotbuttons the entire time, taking the most controversial position any time possible. The Big Show are just a bunch of blowhards that stumble all over each other all day and rarely have anything to say of note, aside from DeOssie. I'm not even sure that Adams even knows what a football looks like. Seriously, I give these guys chances on occassion just because I want to quench my Pats thirst and the invariably drive me away despite my interest.

Almost exactly how I feel. I never listen anymore. tried to today, with Schatz on, but couldn't take Arnold. He is awful. Not as big a fan of Holley as you. For a guy who spent 2 years with the Patriots, he offers little insight into the nuts and bolts of the game. You'd think he would have asked BB for some quality reading material on football to get himself up to speed, but somehow I don't think that conversation ever happened. I often wonder what the hell he was doing over all that time, because his book read like a college paper, a dissertation he whipped out under deadline. Considering the wealth of material, I was underwhelmed.

Last edited:
Almost exactly how I feel. I never listen anymore. tried to today, with Schatz on, but couldn't take Arnold. He is awful. Not as big a fan of Holley as you. For a guy who spent 2 years with the Patriots, he offers little insight into the nuts and bolts of the game. You'd think he would have asked BB for some quality reading material on football to get himself up to speed, but somehow I don't think that conversation ever happened. I often wonder what the hell he was doing over all that time, because his book read like a college paper, a dissertation he whipped out under deadline. Considering the wealth of material, I was underwhelmed.

Holley doesn't offer much in the way of nuts and bolts, but he provides excellent, IMHO, behind the scenes stuff about how the coaches interact and what the responsibilities of the non-coach/player guys are.

I have to admit, I don't really look for specifics of the game in that medium any more. When you have guys like King and Pasta-belly as the main football guys on major sites spewing nothing but cliches and crap as "analysis", you learn to avoid media members as your source of information. So, Holley could probably bone up on those issues, but aside from that, he just seems to have a better feel for game than most others do.

I did not read his book, although you are not the first person who has claimed it is a letdown. I wasn't quite as familiar with the NE media after the 2001 SB and actually paid for Cafardo's book, which aside from being an unbelievably boring read had glaring inaccuracies that I recognized right away. Ever since then I haven't bother to read any books because their is plenty on the web.

I like the Big Show, they are funny as hell. Since I'm in Tampa I have to listen to them through my PDA Phone connected to my stereo system.

You guys don't know how good you have it with WEEI. At least they are interesting. You should try some of the ******s on Sports Radio down here, its like listening to paint dry, hehe.

Its either that or Mike & Mike who are neither funny nor too bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe