PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

a truly "idle thought" for this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they have #11 Cole Beasley and Phil Simms said he's the best slot receiver in the NFL when we were playing the Cowboys...
Beasley hasn't done anything in the last two weeks. For some reason he's not getting the ball. Maybe when Romo comes back?

Serious question - is Aaron Dobson even still on the roster? I swear I haven't heard his name in weeks... I think Bill would still try Dobson for a few weeks before calling Welker, even though they fill very different roles.
Sadly, yes.

The Raiders would be a really great place for him to land. He could help take that offense to the next level and be a good security blanket for Carr.

The weird thing about Rodgers is he isn't that accurate on short throws. His timing isn't great and that matters a lot more on short throws than long throws where the WR has time to adjust.

I agree on Oakland. That looks like a good situation right now. Derek Carr is a very efficient and accurate passer. He's cut his intercepts in half from last season to this. If they could stabilize their coaching situation and stick with an offensive approach, the Raiders have a lot to be optimistic about.

Jack Del Rio is not a bad head coach - his teams always play hard and improve over time. We love Jack Del Rio. Belichick owns Jack Del Rio. It would be great to play Jack Del Rio in the playoffs.

Welker in Denver with the Mile High killer.

See
1. Brandon Stokley
2. Austin Collie
3. Wes Welker

There is no coincidence there. You play with the forehead you pay the price. You are expendable and there will be a next guy up as far as he is concerned. He is the murderer of slot receivers.

Fck him

I agree on Oakland. That looks like a good situation right now. Derek Carr is a very efficient and accurate passer. He's cut his intercepts in half from last season to this. If they could stabilize their coaching situation and stick with an offensive approach, the Raiders have a lot to be optimistic about.

Jack Del Rio is not a bad head coach - his teams always play hard and improve over time. We love Jack Del Rio. Belichick owns Jack Del Rio. It would be great to play Jack Del Rio in the playoffs.

Amen to that. I do think this Raiders team is a potential dark horse. Unlike the JDR teams in Jacksonville this Raiders team has a lot of play makers. His Jaguars teams were always solid but not excellent. Guys like Cooper, Mack, Aldon Smith, Malcolm Smith and Woodson have that "I'm taking over this game" potential. I look forward to them upsetting Denver on the road! :p

Amen to that. I do think this Raiders team is a potential dark horse. Unlike the JDR teams in Jacksonville this Raiders team has a lot of play makers. His Jaguars teams were always solid but not excellent. Guys like Cooper, Mack, Aldon Smith, Malcolm Smith and Woodson have that "I'm taking over this game" potential. I look forward to them upsetting Denver on the road! :p

They already upset themselves at home. Useless pick 6.

There is was an interesting article posted this morning over at NFL.com, about Wes Welker. It talked about Welker still being interested in playing this year. He has been cleared to play by a noted neurologist. He is in great shape, and is working hard now. Supposedly he's had a couple of opportunities to play, but they just weren't the "right situations:" So I began to wonder just what WOULD be the "right situation", and I thought what if Edelman or Amendola were lost to an injury for a number of game, wouldn't Welker be a perfect replacement?

What a great story THAT would be. It would certainly keep our local mediots busy for a few weeks. It might even be the cause of a few threads here. ;)

Can he play LT or CB? ®2015 Patsfans.com Stock Answers Inc.

The Giants brought him for a workout and let him walk away without an offer. That's should tell you all you need.

Denver, specifically Peyton Manning, is the worst possible situation. Manning hangs his receivers out to dry. Manning has less ability to throw into windows that allow his receivers to protect themselves than ever before in his career.

Bingo. Denver is the reason Welker is a free agent in the first place.

The Giants brought him for a workout and let him walk away without an offer. That's should tell you all you need.

Julian Edelman also fits that.

How can you say Cassell would be bad for Welker? Cassell completed 111 passes to Welker in 2008.

Matt Cassell can't read a defense. He's had a lucrative career as a 3rd tier QB/backup but he hasn't developed as a passer or QB. When we have the bogus discussion of "system QB" about Brady, we should be talking about Matt. He did a nice job in '08 with Josh McDaniels calling the plays, but he looks lost out there in Dallas this year.

The other thing is Welker is probably 70% the player he was in 2008 at the height of his super powers. Welker really needs a QB who can protect him.

Coughlin liked what WW did but they figured they would not spend the $ since they got news that Cruz looked to be ok for later in the season. They already have Beckam and Randell and figured they could get by.

If we want Manning to do 25-life for getting Welker killed...

This will never get old for me. :D Thanks for the excuse to repost!

2013-01-26-Collie1.png

If he's playing on a team perhaps he's an easy matchup ...

What OC is going to send him over the middle with a clear conscience?

He is about one hit away from being like a jets fan

He should not play

So he could take a big hit and still be in line to be the ombudsman for ESPN?

It's good to have options.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results