PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A thing of sheer beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!!!!!!! That's what I said when I saw the play on TV. You're a lucky guy to be able to have had that view!

I lost my voice through most of the game and when that play happened, I jumped around and made these strangled sounding noises which scared my 9 month old, Harrison Brady. I figured he's going to need to get used to that though!

Exactly. It seems like he runs just as fast as he needs to in order to get to the ball. I really think it would've been overthrown by 5 yards with any of the wr's we had last year. Amazing.

Another thing that people overlook is that receivers don't run at 100% speed at all times. Their job is to get to the spot on-time...not early! Moss knows that the ball is going to the left pylon. If he goes at full speed to the pylon:
1) The defense gets an earlier break on the ball
2) If the ball is underthrown, he wouldn't be able to stop and adjust

When Moss was in Minnesota (didn't see much of him in Oakland), he did the same thing. His long stride gets him to the general area on time and his extra "giddy-up" allows him to separate (or stop and leap) while the defenders are using everything they have to keep up and can't play the ball.

He is a unique talent and expects to be used as such. Any thoughts about him being a decoy are a little naive. Brady and BB were given a gun in a knife fight. Fire away...

Thanks for sharing that with us, Tunescribe.

It's always astounding to me how different an NFL game is in person versus on TV. The angles, etc. I am always amazed at how the players really are playing a positional-spacing game and have to really be concerned about angles. This just doesn't show up on TV. The most amazing part is watching a passing play take place where the decision to throw the ball (and where) is made before the cut even takes place - - so much is anticipation and faith in the receiver-Qb combo. It's very hard for me to describe, but you did a great job with it, Tune.

Thanks, Shmess. That's why I love going to the games, the players' quickness and sheer athleticism can only be fully appreciated live. It's like ballet out there. Even behemoths like Wilfork look amazingly athletic. You're so right about timing and angles. When gifted athletes combine their skills with proper coaching and motivation, it's inspiring to behold -- even from opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back