PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

a positive development in the Keyshawn sweepstakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Panthers | Team not interested in K. Johnson
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:48:07 -0800

Steve Reed, of the Gaston Gazette, reports the Carolina Panthers have no plans to sign free agent WR Keyshawn Johnson (Cowboys). On Sirius NFL Radio, Johnson listed a number of teams he would like to play for, including the Panthers. Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said, "We like our receivers, and we've always said that."

Sorry, #19. Beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited:
The Dolphins today said they were out of the Keyshawn game as well. Which was another team KJ mentioned.

I think the Pats ought to get out of the Keyshawn game also

Why do we need a whiny receiver? Lets just get somebody that plays football with their mouth shut.

I am not sure it's good that he come here...I was negative at first..then thought well maybe..but then after his dumb comments..I went the other way...so..I am really not sure.. what is good..He wants dough..he has a ne first attitude...Does the team need someone like that now?? I am just concerned with some of the vets leaving that a strong attitude like that will not be healthy...as I said..been a real pendulum..with it.

p8ryts said:
Why do we need a whiny receiver? Lets just get somebody that plays football with their mouth shut.

Because we don't have any recievers? Well we have one!

Just keep selling your icecream sandwiches Keyshawn!

Terence said:
Because we don't have any recievers? Well we have one!
LMAO, we should all work on our hands and try out. Some of what Keyshawn says bothers me but he's been reasonably well behaved the past few years that I'm hoping we give it a shot.

I have no clue why dumb comments affect a player's ability to play football. KJ wants to play for us, but openly doubts that we will pay enough. I think we can iunderstand that, given the past week of patriot offers made (or supposedly made). He should making these comments in private, but no big deal.

KJ is better then rest of our receivers (other than Branch) put together. I think he will catch more this year than our #3-6 receivers did in total last year.

My question with him and his good relationship with BB is, would he take that as an invitation to be even more ignorant thinking that no matter what he did he had the coach as a friend?

I say pass

While recognizing Key's skill, I think that he is too volatile a personality to have on this years team we've lost too much vet leadership (especiall WM). Who is going to pick Key up by the throat and b*tch slap him when his yapping threatens to hurt the team?

Good Lord, "Keyshawn Johnson Sweepstakes"???

What's next, the "Flesh Eating Bacteria Lottery"?

patpatriot said:
While recognizing Key's skill, I think that he is too volatile a personality to have on this years team we've lost too much vet leadership (especiall WM). Who is going to pick Key up by the throat and b*tch slap him when his yapping threatens to hurt the team?

I can think of some players.

Seymour
Bruschi
Vrabel
Rodney!

If we get Key, hopefully he will be like Dillon his first year here, shut up, know this is as good as he is gonna get it at QB, coach and ownership level, come out and play some ball.

Discipline

I'd expect that discipline to come from Bill.

Don't forget, this is the guy who benched Seymour for being late, and that was because he was attending a death in the family!

The bigger problem you have to worry about with Keyshawn is the media pressure. Everyone is going to be sticking a microphone in his face, hoping that they catch him saying something out of line. If the organization can keep him away from the media -- as they seem to try to do with many of their players -- I think the risk of bringing him on board is far reduced.

I think he's a tough-as-nails receiver. Guys are out there trying to take his head off, and he doesn't miss a play. You can't even say that about our tight ends, who have some durability issues.

CT_Pats_Fan said:

While I disagree with the intent of your post... that was damn funny. :)

Heartbreak of Psoriasis Sweepstakes?

CT_Pats_Fan said:

gotta say...'sweepstakes' is definitely not the word I would have used...

'A Pox Upon You!'

Pats726 said:
I am not sure it's good that he come here...I was negative at first..then thought well maybe..but then after his dumb comments..I went the other way...so..I am really not sure.. what is good..He wants dough..he has a ne first attitude...Does the team need someone like that now?? I am just concerned with some of the vets leaving that a strong attitude like that will not be healthy...as I said..been a real pendulum..with it.

I agree...and we don't have Matt Chatam to whack idiots running around anymore.:D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
While I disagree with the intent of your post... that was damn funny. :)

Not trying to be a pr*ck, I'm just not a KJ fan. Great talent, just not a guy I can root for. I agree with GoWhalers, the local media would be goading this guy into saying something stupid at every turn. They'd be loving life.

BTW, GoWhalers. Heck yeah, Go Whalers!!!

CT_Pats_Fan said:
Not trying to be a pr*ck, I'm just not a KJ fan. Great talent, just not a guy I can root for. I agree with GoWhalers, the local media would be goading this guy into saying something stupid at every turn. They'd be loving life.
Yeah, that's a valid point, because nobody is better at that than the Boston media. Then again, it might be fun to see KJ and Beisel tag-team a reporter... we might actually get some blood this time. ;)

The Keyshawn "sweepstakes"? If so, I hope it's a sweepstakes we lose. Let MeShawn take his game elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft