PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Personal Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the man.

A class site run by a class guy and moderated by classy people who allow classy people to post= winner!

Thanks to all who are responsible.

Ian this is a great forum and I know how much work it is, thanks for your dedication and efforts.

Reactions: Ian
Many thanks for all your efforts. You improved the lives of more people than you know.

Ian- you are the man. This is the only site I really visit for my Pats news, and your work with the evolving improvements here over the years is evident. Thank you for all you do, and all your work in making this the gold standard of Pats fan sites.

While the names posting here may change a bit over the years, what you have done attracts that core of quality posters that makes this site readable when the world of sports media goes nutty. This is, was and will be the shelter in the storm for me over those times.

thanks ian . this place is my patriots home.

You're the man, Ian. You and everyone here make being a diehard pats fan on the west coast much, much easier.

You Da Man Ian.

The very fact that i am yet to visit a single site other than this to read and bask in the glory of the Pats is ample proof to show how much I am connected to this site. Given the circus last week (and actually since camera-gate), this is the site that I come to read and learn about my Pats.

Thank you and the many persons behind the scenes for making this happen.

GO PATS!!

And here's hoping for a 19-0 season next! :D

I think sometimes I take this sight for granted. It's easy to forget all the work that it takes to run a great sight like this. The updates, the changes and maintenance that is involved. And you do this on top of your day job.

I remember the old, old sight and how posting was such a chore. The format was horrible and trying to track posts was like trying to read the Matrix. Now the sight is like a symphony flowing smooth and natural. You even added more firepower to the sight so it wouldn't crash during monumental traffic like yesterday. I love it here and it really has been an outlet for me through the good and bad times.

I don't know you Ian but I'd like to thank you for everything you've done here. It has been a great run.

Simply put -- this is a great forum.

Thank you for this site. It's like an oasis in the desert.

Thank you for your vision and perseverance... I start my day on this board, and check back to see if there are any updates..

Also a tip of the hat to the mods who maintain order and civility amidst some very strong personalities...

Thanks Ian, I've been on a couple of football forums and this is definitely the best.

caro Ian, dall'Italia GRAZIE MILLE

dear Ian, from Italy thank You so much

IAN,

"Ditto" to all the above kudos Ian :D

Seriously....

Great site that is informative from a Patriot news standpoint as well as an X's and O's standpoint.

Thanks for all your efforts !

BT

My perspective from moderating and even administrating forums - it's a lot of hard work, requiring more skills than many members realize, so I will elaborate.

The geek stuff: knowing the MySQL database, HTML, javascript, getting upgrades/fixes done quickly. You really have to have your ducks in a row. I'm sure Ian is doing all this himself.

The ads: Do you expect anyone to not only donate all their free time, AND spend hundreds of dollars to keep the site up? So put up with the ads. And thank the supporters. I laugh at people that don't understand Google ads....it will put anything you mention frequently, including the Jets!

The people aspect: Only a tiny fraction of 1% of forums thrive....5% or less of the members make 95% of the posts. The most critical factor in a forum is the core group of members keep it active and interesting. Unless enough members post daily, and a few assist as moderators, the forum will turn into a ghost town. Since it does not happen that often, the core members deserve a hand!

Moderation: There are styles ranging from control freaks to anything goes - both extremes are bad. It helps a lot when members resist spammers, trollers, and serial flamers. As a forum grows, it helps to know the members will become more diverse....agree to disagree - except the core topic: Go Patriots!

There will be a few members that fail to see this enormous labor of love and banter the staff satisfy them 100%...they need to invest their time and money and see how easy it is to do what Ian and the PF staff does. ;)

Fifteen years with a very active site of 7600 individuals a day - that's another type of championship!

Ian I have followed the Patriots since their inception, and a few years ago I decided to join a fan forum. This is the one I chose obviously. It is still the only fan forum I am a member of. Thank you for a place to visit and enjoy. I may primarily lurk, but I appreciate all the good football talk.

Good luck and I hope the forum continues for many more years, even if we were to revert to the 60's Patriots:eek:

Patsfans is the Best Patriots or Football Site on the Planet! :)

...and the solar system as well

Thanks Ian for all you do!

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes