PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Patriots player on Madden '09 Cover? - Probably a good possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing you might note: If you go into a Gamestop or EB and see a player on the cover it does not mean he is THE guy to don the cover of Madden 09

It depends where you live,for instance if you live in Chicago you might see a Madden 09 display with Urlacher on the cover or if you are in Florida you might see David Gerrard on the cover ect:

As a game store owner,even I have yet to find out whom will be the guy,but nevertheless its cool to guess who....

In my store, Madden 08 was heavily traded in the past 2 months but it seems to me that Halo 3 for the xbox 360 was overall the heaviest traded game for the past 6 months - I had 10 copies trade in last week alone

Like i said it was for 08 and was backed up by the company's themselves, this is not hate for ea, well actually it is because everything that monopoly touches turns to sh#t these days. The only way we will see madden actually become a quality game again is if people wake up and stop buying this sloppy pos of a game and make ea improve it! I have not bought a madden game since 04 and will continue to boycott this series as long as ea is involved and continue with the i don't give a crap how it plays as long as it sells attitude.

Like i said it was for 08 and was backed up by the company's themselves, this is not hate for ea, well actually it is because everything that monopoly touches turns to sh#t these days. The only way we will see madden actually become a quality game again is if people wake up and stop buying this sloppy pos of a game and make ea improve it! I have not bought a madden game since 04 and will continue to boycott this series as long as ea is involved and continue with the i don't give a crap how it plays as long as it sells attitude.

IMO The best football video game EVER was Nintendo's Tecmo Super Bowl and ESPN's NFL 2K5 was second best with a non NFL Sega Genesis game of Mutant League Football a close third.....Madden 2003 was EA's best IMO

Just in case you did not know,EA Sports was a major reason why the Sega Dreamcast system died prematurely,EA Sports pulled thier sports game lineup away from Sega in mid 2001 to the new console to be released at that time which was the PS2 forcing Sega to join Sony to produce the horrid game series NFL 2k- that is sadly still being produced yearly.

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but I never understood all the hate for Madden. I never liked the 2K games, NFL or NBA. Maybe it's just because I grew up wth NBA Live and Madden.

I always liked 2k more than Madden, but people need to get over it. I play Madden every year and love it now. They were both always good games.

Anyways, it seems that EA has a few guys under contract that they do commercials with (Ray Lewis, Chad Johnson, Hester), and then pick from that group or sign a new guy to be on the game cover.

My vote (prediction) is Hester, due to being in the commercials last year, and that hes a pretty exciting player.

Madden has next to nothing to do with fantasy football. Actually, scratch that, it has absolutely nothing to do with fantasy football whatsoever. Vince Young was on the cover last year. He's virtually worthless as a fantasy Qb.

Vince Young was one of the top 5-7 QBs drafted going into 2007 fantasy drafts. I thought he was way overdrafted and overrated at the time, which he proved with a dismal 2007 fantasy season.

But the perception and hype at the time around VY was big in fantasy circles. I work in marketing, and if you think the demographics for Madden video games and fantasy football are two different demos, you couldn't be more wrong.

Maybe a decent chance. But only maybe. :D

Definitely Adrian Peterson. To me, there is no other choice. The guy had a HUGE break-out year (much like Vince Young the year before). It would only make sense of Adrian Peterson made the cover.

Definitely Adrian Peterson. To me, there is no other choice. The guy had a HUGE break-out year (much like Vince Young the year before). It would only make sense of Adrian Peterson made the cover.

The only thing with Peterson is that he is still essentially a rookie right now - I do not recall ever seeing EA put a rookie on the cover of the Madden game (prior to Vince Young which was a rarity IMO).

With that being said,I will go with the best Linebacker in the game for the cover of Madden '09 and thats Brian Urlacher.

Last edited:
The only thing with Peterson is that he is still essentially a rookie right now - I do not recall ever seeing EA put a rookie on the cover of the Madden game (prior to Vince Young which was a rarity IMO).

With that being said,I will go with the best Linebacker in the game for the cover of Madden '09 and thats Brian Urlacher.

Shawne Merriman is a good possibility too.

Shawne Merriman is a good possibility too.

I rule out Merrimen because Luis Castillo appeared on the 1st spanish edition of Madden 08 last year and of course he is a Charger.

Without making this comment seem racist,There has NEVER been a 'white guy' on the cover of this game although I know its unimportant but still an interesting fact - What white guy would you choose if any? -

Like I said Urlacher is my choice this year.

I read somewhere that EA made a offer to Eli Manning to be on the cover.

That would be great.

That would be great.

Did EA ever use a player from a defending Super Bowl Champion on the cover,the very next year? - I don't think so,So Eli may be out of the running as well.

With spygate and Super bowl loss I doubt any Patriot makes the cover. My guess is Michael Strahan.

I rule out Merrimen because Luis Castillo appeared on the 1st spanish edition of Madden 08 last year and of course he is a Charger.

I don't really see how that makes a difference. :confused:

My vote is Adrian Peterson, or Antonio Cromaterie.

My vote is Fatso TomASSe, he won the Super Bowl.

I would guess Adrian Peterson or Eli Manning. I would be stunned if it was ANY Patriot.

I never 'got" the Madden hate either, sure it doesn't take a giant leap every year but I've been playing since the franchise started and have always been happy with it.

I have high hopes for 09. This will be EA's first Madden truly built to take advantage of the nextgen consoles and they'll have no excuse but to improve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye