PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A New Type Of Draft Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
I saw this game on another site and thought it a good one to try. In this one, you are accurately trying to forecast actual Patriot picks on draft day without having to match them up to certain spots or worrying about trades. And for this game, I will monitor all submissions and announce the results once the draft has finished.

The rules are as follows:

1. The purpose of this game is to predict actual Patriot picks, not to submit who you want them to pick.

2. For the purposes of the game, you select two groups of ten prospects. Group one is for prospects picked in rounds one and two. Group two is for prospects picked in rounds 3-7.

3. Each prospect you pick is someone you think the Patriots are likely to pick on draft day. You order your group by how likely you think that pick will be made. So your first prospect in group one is the one you think the Patriots are most likely to pick in either round one or two. The second prospect in group one is the second most etc. The same applies to your second group for rounds 3-7.

4. It doesn't matter , for example in group one, whether a player is selected in round one or two, if you think he's the most likely to be picked, you put him at the top of your group. So, if for example you are most certain that Harrison Smith will be drafted by the Pats, you should put him at the top of group one even though he's a second round pick.

5. Trades don't affect the game. If we add a 5th pick in the first two rounds and you guess all five prospects in your group one, you'll get credit for all five.

6. All your successful projections will be awarded points. In group one, you get 10 points if your first ranked prospect is selected, nine points if your second ranked prospect is selected and so on. in group two, because projecting later rounds is harder, you get double the points so twenty points if your first ranked prospect in group two is selected and so on.

7. If you have a prospect in group one that is selected in round three or later, you'll only receive half the points. The same applies in reverse.

8. Because we are still thirty days out, you will be able to edit your groups at least three times in addition to your initial submission to account for the changing draft landscape. You can change as many names as you like during each edit, but the maximum number of edits will be three.

9. All submissions (and edits) will be recorded to determine the overall winner. Sorry, no prizes. Full results will be posted the day following draft day.

I hope that covers all eventualities. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I hope this game will start to focus minds on what the Patriots will actually do.

Good luck.

My initial submission.

Group One:

1. Alfonso Dennard
2. Dont'a Hightower
3. Mark Barron
4. Michael Brockers
5. Ronnell Lewis
6. Harrison Smith
7. Stephon Gilmore
8. Kendall Reyes
9. Brandon Boykin
10. Dre Kirkpatrick

Group Two

1. Donnie Fletcher
2. Ron Brooks
3. Marvin Jones
4. Miles Burris
5. Akiem Hicks
6. Ryan Broyles
7. Jamell Fleming
8. Omar Bolden
9. Brandon Taylor
10. Antonio Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back