PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A mad Chargers fan responds to Colvin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that Tomlinson again is whining (Monday) about the Pats being 'classless'. As others have pointed out the Chargers have no problem with their owncelebrations, Merriman saying the Jetsd would beat the Pats at halftime of the WC game, their chirping after the game last year, their openly planning SB celebrations vefore winning a playoff game, Pats players saying they were chirping during the game.....

Well payback is a b**ch!

The Chargers are typical frontrunning bullies they can dish it out buck when someone stands up to them they starting whining to mommy.

Tomlinson has no class he is just a punk. Go get ready for the Pro Bowl because you failed in the playoffs AGAIN.

As for Ditka apparently he forgot the SB shuffle and sneding Perry in to score a TD in a SB game where the Bears were WAY ahead and had buried the overmatched Patriots, lots of class there MIke, maybe the old drunk can't remember 86 anymore.

Enough with the past onto the Colt game, this team has an opportunity in fromt of it to match the Steelers with 4 SB in 6 years, to h*ll with the loser Chargers and their whining.

While I don't agree with the "Lights Out" imitation, I wasn't that upset about it. But these comments from Roosevelt Colvin took me over the edge.

"And when the Pats' thrilling, 24-21 divisional playoff win over the Chargers was in the books early last night, Rosevelt Colvin came off the field at Qualcomm Stadium with fire flying from his mouth.

“Shut the power off!” shrieked Colvin down a hallway to a group of Chargers players entering their locker room.

His voice echoed off the walls, and stadium security guards began to inch off their posts in anticipation of a Chargers player going at the Pats linebacker.

“It's lights out!” continued Colvin, mocking the nickname of Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman. “See you next year, chumps!”

I ask, why is this taunting necessary? Look, if you're the Patriots, you just escaped with a win, in a game you probably didn't have any business winning. You've now earned a chance to play for the Super Bowl. Why don't you just revel in the joy of that?? Is that not enough? Has winning gotten old in New England, and now it's more about rubbing it in?

But wait, there's more mouthing off from Colvin:

“They were planning parades. They actually had a pep rally last week. I'm serious. We're not in high school, man. We here in this locker room know how to approach a situation. We know how to win.”

So everyone in New England wants to make an issue over the Chargers holding a rally. What's so wrong with that? Chargers fans get criticized when they don't get enthusiastic about their team, but when they do show enthusiasm, they get criticized as well. Doesn't seem right to me. Look, I'd think New England fans would respect that, being as sports crazed as you are. I mean, I could tell all you Red Sox fans to get a life and stop spending most of your lives obsessing about them, but I won't, because I respect the passion you have for your team. (I'm presuming most people on this board are BoSox fans too)

First off, this is the NFL. If you don't like taunting and the "mean people" you need to watch high school or college ball.

Second, hold all the rallies you want. But frankly, it was at that point in the week when I knew the Patriots had an even better chance at winning this game. Belichick would have never allowed players to participate in something that before a game like this. I was stunned when I saw this going on. It showed a lack of focus and that lack of focus was evident during the game itself.

Third, Juice and the rest of the Bolts ran their mouths all week. And they ran them in 2005 too. Even that fat slob Wade Phillips got into the action.

-------------------------
You're right. Inexperience and emotions got the best of the Chargers yesterday. I didn't think the Patriots were that good yesterday. They couldn't stop LT when they had to. The Chargers didn't get beaten by a superior team, they beat themselves into a loss.

Yesterday's game is bulletin board material for next season, I can assure you that.

I suggest that Your Team acquires some brains rather than Bullitin Board Material.

The irony here is that Marty probably gets fired due to the conduct of several Charger players during yesterdays game.

While I don't agree with the "Lights Out" imitation, I wasn't that upset about it. But these comments from Roosevelt Colvin took me over the edge.

"And when the Pats' thrilling, 24-21 divisional playoff win over the Chargers was in the books early last night, Rosevelt Colvin came off the field at Qualcomm Stadium with fire flying from his mouth.

“Shut the power off!” shrieked Colvin down a hallway to a group of Chargers players entering their locker room.

His voice echoed off the walls, and stadium security guards began to inch off their posts in anticipation of a Chargers player going at the Pats linebacker.

“It's lights out!” continued Colvin, mocking the nickname of Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman. “See you next year, chumps!”

I ask, why is this taunting necessary? Look, if you're the Patriots, you just escaped with a win, in a game you probably didn't have any business winning. You've now earned a chance to play for the Super Bowl. Why don't you just revel in the joy of that?? Is that not enough? Has winning gotten old in New England, and now it's more about rubbing it in?

“They were planning parades. They actually had a pep rally last week. I'm serious. We're not in high school, man. We here in this locker room know how to approach a situation. We know how to win.”

So everyone in New England wants to make an issue over the Chargers holding a rally. What's so wrong with that? Chargers fans get criticized when they don't get enthusiastic about their team, but when they do show enthusiasm, they get criticized as well. Doesn't seem right to me. Look, I'd think New England fans would respect that, being as sports crazed as you are. I mean, I could tell all you Red Sox fans to get a life and stop spending most of your lives obsessing about them, but I won't, because I respect the passion you have for your team. (I'm presuming most people on this board are BoSox fans too)
the radio stations in san diego always have pep rallies, they don't know any better lol

colvin was pretty classless, he's acting like merriman set the pep rally up or something. i guess this is what the pats players had to do to get up for the game mentally, well it worked, i wish my chargers were as mentally prepared as the pats were , real or imagined lol.

The irony here is that Marty probably gets fired due to the conduct of several Charger players during yesterdays game.
i think he may get fired , they'll blame him for his players being situationally ******ed.

Don't judge the team by a few bad apples in the orchard. I'm sure EVERY team has a few players who are emotionally about 11 years old. It's never right when it happens, but stop with the blame game because it has no merit.

If you want to attack the issue as a whole, then fine, but don't come running to another team's messageboard attacking the team as a whole, and the fanbase as a whole. Some people are jerks. WE can't prevent it any more than you can. When Merriman acts lika an AHole it doesn't make you, personally, a jerk, and vice versa, when a player on our team acts like a jerk, don't come crying to us.

When players act like this it DOES tend to reflect on the team and also the region they represent, but anyone with good sense knows that individuals act for themselves.

You quote Colvin and then blame all of New England for the quote. It's a fact that emotional stress impairs logical reasoning. I hope you realize that's what you're doing.

Boo hoo, quit your whining.

If you run smack in anything, a sports event, video game, ANYTHING, and you lose, don't complain when it gets thrown back into your face. Merriman talks a lot of junk, and we shut him up yesterday. See you in Hawaii Chargers, after all, you sent 9 guys there, so your much better than us, right.

Yeah, I will definitely be following the Pro Bowl this year.

Can't wait to see what happens when Belichick coaches Tomlinson in that game, after the Pats lose to the Colts on Sunday.

Can't wait to see what happens when Belichick coaches Tomlinson in that game, after the Pats lose to the Colts on Sunday.

Ummmm...OK...let me regress to your state of mind...

No wonder California is the only state to legalize the term road rage...there's no getting over it for you is there? You need to go out and hurt someone. OK. I'm hurt! Stop it!! Please don't say we will lose to the Colts! Please don't make LT act up in the Pro Bowl! OMIGOD STOP!! It's REALLY all my fault...the game...everything! Please just stop with your valid threats because they're killing me!

BRB...have to run and get you a child's seat...

I always keep trying to explain/apoligize to my East Coast friends for the California mindset...but this is just sad.

Pats and Sox are enough for me loser.............get a life and stay on your own board. Your 'roid ragin' monster and company (LT....hmmm, kinda' reminds me of that whiny bit#@ Marshall Faulk a couple years back). YOU LOST>>>>>> DEAL WITH IT!!!

Actually....this is pretty hilarious by Rosie.....I hadn't heard that one yet.......

Let's be adults here son......what goes around comes around. Read some articles/statements from last years game between the Pats and SD when they were all caught on tape yapping about how bad they beat us...and even attacked our fans.....do some research before you start whining.......

Last edited:
BTW, I don't think there were any Chargers anywhere near that tunnel when Colvin said those things. They left off the other side of the field.... And I've seen the video. Saying security was inching into position is just a big lie.

F'ing trolls......I HATE trolls.........but I DESPISE LYING trolls.......what a d-bag!!!

boohoo whaaaaaa go cry to mama.

You presume wrong!
crybaby.gif

You don't have to go past the first sentence in the link to see the difference: "post-season" celebration. Perhaps the Chargers knew that they had already won their last game of the season?

Check the date. It happened BEFORE the playoffs started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft