PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Look At Our Division Rivals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one question for you: would you rather your team gave up less yards or less points?

Me? I'll take points 100 times out of 100.

I totally agree with what you said.

I'd take that smart "noodle-arm" over let's say.. Mike Vick. :)

NYJ is probably going to be the competition this year (barring catastrophes/miracles of course).

I'd rather be bitter then arrogant and rude.

ok....WE HAVE THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE DIVISION!!!

Ya, know if you and your boyfriend weren't fixing up your cute little apartment every weekend, you might know a thing or two about football. I guess you guy's have your priorites.

Well along with your lack of knowledge of the game of football is your obvious lack of READING comprehension.

PS

I'll do the math for you that's 7 teams between Miami and NE that finished better then the Pats.

Smart stuff, if the Pats were 12th and the Fins were fifth.......(drumroll please)...... that would make....... six teams between the two (6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th).

PS

Smart stuff, if the Pats were 12th and the Fins were fifth.......(drumroll please)...... that would make....... six teams between the two (6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th).

MIAMI HAS THE BEST MATH IN THE DIVISION!

:rofl: That's good, but if I could just make one change...

MIAMI HAS THE BEST MATH IN THE DIVISION!!!

Excellent. You took an A- post and made it an A+. Well done, I say!

In today's NFL, a team needs 3 things to compete at an elite level:

1. Coaching
2. Solid QB play
3. Strong defense

even *IF* MIA had the best defense in the league, they are still sorely lacking in the other 2 departments.

Saban was supposed to be the savior for MIA.
Culpepper was supposed to be the QB for MIA.
and their wonderful yet aging defense was supposed to hang on just a few more years while it all came together.

no... things don't look good at all for MIA.

Fans can harp on Pennington about his arm strength but the fact is that he's a smart QB. New Englanders (more than anyone) should realize how important a smart QB who makes good decisions is. Add Pennington in with the Belichick-prototype Mangini and the NYJ are 2/3's the way there... call 'em NE-Light if you will.

NE
NYJ
BUF
MIA

What other two departments?? Offense I'll give you, but our ST was very good last year. And the year before that and the year before that. As for your rankings. Maimi had the 20th overall Offense end of 06, the Bills...27th. The Dolphins had the 23rd best rushing attack in 06, the Bills....27th. The Dolphins had the 4th ranked Defeense last year, the Bills...18th and the Bills had the 28th ranked rush Defense. The Dolphins lose Wes Welker and R.McMichael. The Bills lose W.McGahee, London Fletcher, Nate Cements and could lose T.Spikes, but you see them as a better team then the Dolphins??

You know what this is, it's not about how you THINK the 07 season will end, it's about the way you WANT it to end. There's a big difference. You people can't even be honest with yourselves, much less others.

You know what this is, it's not about how you THINK the 07 season will end, it's about the way you WANT it to end.

Do you honestly think any of us really give a rat's ass about who ends up second, third, and cellar dweller?

What other two departments?? Offense I'll give you, but our ST was very good last year. And the year before that and the year before that. As for your rankings. Maimi had the 20th overall Offense end of 06, the Bills...27th. The Dolphins had the 23rd best rushing attack in 06, the Bills....27th. The Dolphins had the 4th ranked Defeense last year, the Bills...18th and the Bills had the 28th ranked rush Defense. The Dolphins lose Wes Welker and R.McMichael. The Bills lose W.McGahee, London Fletcher, Nate Cements and could lose T.Spikes, but you see them as a better team then the Dolphins??

You know what this is, it's not about how you THINK the 07 season will end, it's about the way you WANT it to end. There's a big difference. You people can't even be honest with yourselves, much less others.

Despite all the statistical mumbo jumbo, the Bills still won more games than the Dolphins. They also improved as the season progressed and have improved their offensive line this offseason. The Bills still have the number one thing needed for an offense, a capable quarterback. It is much easier to plug and play a RB than it is to do the same with a QB.

Despite all the statistical mumbo jumbo, the Bills still won more games than the Dolphins. They also improved as the season progressed and have improved their offensive line this offseason. The Bills still have the number one thing needed for an offense, a capable quarterback. It is much easier to plug and play a RB than it is to do the same with a QB.

Oh right, they lose their final two games, only beat one winning team all year. Have QB that couldn't manage a McDonalds much less a football game. And Daunte is a 1000 times better then JP could ever hope to be, we don't need a RB, infact we'll probaby have the best backfield in the division if Ricky returns and all indications are he will. Add to that it's tougher to find a front 7 then it is to find a QB as long as you have a good OC and we have Cam Cameron, probably the best OC hte last 4 years. Miami is in much better shape then the Bills...as much as Pat fans hate it.

Have QB that couldn't manage a McDonalds much less a football game. And Daunte is a 1000 times better then JP could ever hope to be, we don't need a RB, infact we'll probaby have the best backfield in the division if Ricky returns and all indications are he will.

No hyperbole in there at all.

What's your prediction for Miami's record? You know , seeing as they have the best defense, best backfield, Cam Cameron, and a QB who, if 1,000 times better than J.P. Losman, is waaaaaay better than Brady, too.

No hyperbole in there at all.

What's your prediction for Miami's record? You know , seeing as they have the best defense, best backfield, Cam Cameron, and a QB who, if 1,000 times better than J.P. Losman, is waaaaaay better than Brady, too.

I'm not going to make any predictions about final records because even if Miami fields a completely healthy roster opening day it doesn't mean 16 games later they will have the same roster. What I'm saying is right now Miami is in better shape then the Bills. The Pats could lose Brady, the Jets could lose Pennington. There is just no way to predict what will happen. But to say Buffalo is more talented then Miami right now is stupid and not true at all.

I'm not going to make any predictions about final records because even if Miami fields a completely healthy roster opening day it doesn't mean 16 games later they will have the same roster. What I'm saying is right now Miami is in better shape then the Bills. The Pats could lose Brady, the Jets could lose Pennington. There is just no way to predict what will happen. But to say Buffalo is more talented then Miami right now is stupid and not true at all.

Assume the roster is reasonably healthy all year long...no major losses for any extended periods of time.

You know it's clear you really are just a complete moron and not worth the bother.

However, I do agree that despite how pitifully sad the Dohphins are right now,
the Bills do appear to be amazingly worse.

However you have no hope, barring injury, of finishing ahead of the pats or the jets. none.

what's more, the pride you have in your defense needs to be replaced with an outrage towards an ownership and front office that has fielded the teams it has for the past, oh I don't know how many years. At some point, it should start to feel like ground hog day, and you should recognise the patten of futility. Continuing to hang your hat on some specific aspect of the game you imagine your team's pretty good at is a foolish game of self-delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes