PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Look At Our Division Rivals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fins secondary is a joke.

The only thing that's a joke, is your knowledge of football.

Maimi: 2006 passing Defense-5th

Pats: 2006 passing Defense- 12th

Ya, know if you and your boyfriend weren't fixing up your cute little apartment every weekend, you might know a thing or two about football. I guess you guy's have your priorites.

Last edited:
The only that's a joke is your knowledge of football.

Maimi: 2006 passing Defense-5th

Pats: 2006 passing Defense- 12th

Ya, know if you and your boyfriend weren't fixing up your cute little apartment every weekend, you might know a thing or two about football. I guess you guy's have your priorites.

The entire Dolphins secondary had 5 interceptions.:rofl:

And the Patirots allowed the fewest passing TD's in the NFL, and also had a better scoring defense.

And don't bother trying to insult me with the boyfriend comment because I am a girl.:blahblah:

Last edited:
The entire Dolphins secondary had 5 interceptions.:rofl:

And the Patirots allowed the fewest passing TD's in the NFL.

And don't bother trying to insult me with the boyfriend comment because I am a girl.:blahblah:

Wow, that explains a lot. Tell me somthin genius....how much did your Offense help your Defense?? Cause Miami didn't have the luxury!

Wow, that explains a lot. Tell me somthin genius....how much did your Offense help your Defense?? Cause Miami didn't have the luxury!

You're saying it's the offenses fault that the DB's couldn't intercept the ball?

Now that's very clever. Insulting me because of my gender. Way to go!

what place did the dolphins end up in ?last place .nuff said .:rolleyes:

Now that's very clever. Insulting me because of my gender. Way to go!

You clearly don't understand the game, you don't understand what a good defense does for a good offense and vise versa. Maybe because you never played the game in your life. But you make stupid remarks and my guess would be you don't fully understand the game. That's your fault, not mine. If you're going to trash another team at least try to fully understand the fundamentals of the game. You clearly don't. You obviously don't understand that when a team can score points, it takes the pressure off and changes the complection of a game. Therefore changing the other teams philosophy. It's quite an advantage for a Defense.

On the other hand when you have an offense that doesn't score points it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the D to keep the score low to keep the team in the game. Over two or three games this isn't a major issue, but over 16 games it becomes a major issue. That's why only one team in history ever won it all without some sort of balance on both sides of the ball and that was the Ravens. So since this is something you obviously don't seem to grasp, it needs to be expalined to you.

Given the fact that Miami's O was just about zero help to the overall outcome of most games last year Miami's D had to elevate their level of play. Miami still had the 5th overall passing D because there are more then just Int's and TD's that determine the quality of a secondary, example: run support.

Obviously this is true because Maimi still had the 5th best secondary even thought they didn't have the best overall INT or TD's given up. To conclude, "if" your point about Miami's points and Int's determine their ability alone why would they still rank 5th overall??. Miami also managed to have the 5th best secondary in the league even though our front seven was one of the best in the league last year.

In other words Miami didn't have the 5th best passing D because people didn't bother to throw the ball on us because they could simply beat us on the ground. No, Miami was stout against the run, so teams had to throw the ball on us, yet we still end the season with the 5th best passing D. While the Pats had more Int's and less TD's given up....care to explain how that happens genius???

I'm sure your vast experience in the game of football will help you solve this quandry!!! But wait...you have no experience with the game of football, because you're a girl. You've never once lined up and taken a snap so everything you write is nothing more then you passing on someone else experiences and opinions, that you've read somewhere. You've been a football fan for what 5 years?? Since the Pats became a good team?? While most men have been football fans their whole life!!

Tell you what, when I need to understand the art of gossiping, you'll be the first person I conatact for the best way to go about doing that. I'm sure your vast knowledge on what it takes to get the scoop on what Kim said about Joann or what what I shouldn't wear to a dinner party will be of great use. But your knowledge of football is sorely lacking, so leave that to the men.

I can now put you on Ignore, because that's the amount of respect I have for your knowledge of the game of football, zero.

Last edited:
You clearly don't understand the game, you don't understand what a good defense does for a good offense and vise versa. Maybe because you never played the game in your life. But you make stupid remarks and my guess would be you don't fully understand the game. That's your fault, not mine. If you're going to trash another team at least try to fully understand the fundamentals of the game. You clearly don't. You obviously don't understand that when a team can score points, it takes the pressure off and changes the complection of a game. Therefore changing the other teams philosophy. It's quite an advantage for a Defense.

On the other hand when you have an offense that doesn't score points it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the D to keep the score low to keep the team in the game. Over two or three games this isn't a major issue, but over 16 games it becomes a major issue. That's why only one team in history ever won it all without some sort of balance on both sides of the ball and that was the Ravens. So since this is something you obviously don't seem to grasp, it needs to be expalined to you.

Given the fact that Miami's O was just about zero help to the overall outcome of most games last year Miami's D had to elevate their level of play. Miami still had the 5th overall passing D because there are more then just Int's and TD's that determine the quality of a secondary, example: run support.

Obviously this is true because Maimi still had the 5th best secondary even thought they didn't have the best overall INT or TD's given up. To conclude, "if" your point about Miami's points and Int's determine their ability alone why would they still rank 5th overall??. Miami also managed to have the 5th best secondary in the league even though our front seven was one of the best in the league last year.

In other words Miami didn't have the 5th best passing D because people didn't bother to throw the ball on us because they could simply beat us on the ground. No, Miami was stout against the run, so teams had to throw the ball on us, yet we still end the season with the 5th best passing D. While the Pats had more Int's and less TD's given up....care to explain how that happens genius???

I'm sure your vast experience in the game of football will help you solve this quandry!!! But wait...you have no experience with the game of football, because you're a girl. You've never once lined up and taken a snap so everything you write is nothing more then you passing on someone else experiences and opinions, that you've read somewhere. You've been a football fan for what 5 years?? Since the Pats became a good team?? While most men have been football fans their whole life!!

Tell you what, when I need to understand the art of gossiping, you'll be the first person I conatact for the best way to go about doing that. I'm sure your vast knowledge on what it takes to get the scoop on what Kim said about Joann or what what I shouldn't wear to a dinner party will be of great use. But your knowledge of football is sorely lacking, so leave that to the men.

I can now put you on Ignore, because that's the amount of respect I have for your knowledge of the game of football, zero.

Ah, the classic you've never played football so therefore you are in no place to comment on anything about it. If playing automatically made you an expert then Michael Irvin and Marshall Faulk wouldn't sound like such idiots. To bring up gender is frankly lame, and something I thought even you would be above, but I guess I was wrong.

I have always said the Dolphins have had a tough defense. They have a playoff caliber defense. But if I had the choice, I would still take the Patriots defense. This is a reasonable opinion. I'm not the only one here who feels this way. In fact you are in the minority, and it's not all Patriots fans who feel this way.

Yes the Miami offense was bad, and that certainly didn't help the defense, but there are some defensive categories that are just not affected by the offense, such as interceptions and passing touchdowns. And you bring up total yardage in comparison but it's well known that the Patriots employ a bend but don't break defense, so that yardage allowed is sometimes somewhat high while points allowed are low.

Clearly you don't get football, because if the Patriots were as bad as you would make them out to be and the Dolphins were as good as you make them out to be then they would have one the division and the Patirots would have finished last. But you blatantly disregard facts and logic.

You are a bitter homer. You are constantly trying to put a 6-10 team above a team that came a few minutes away from playing in the Superbowl. Please do put me on ignore, so that I don't have to deal with your delusional and completely unreasonable rantings. And don't worry, the lackk of respect is completely mutual.

Last edited:
Obviously cuz arm strength is a direct link to success. Should we sign Jeff George?

No, but it's key when you're down 7 with 33 seconds left on the clock, no timeouts, and on your own 20 yard line. All he would be able to do is throw a pathetic floater 20 yards down field which would probably get intercepted anyway.

No, but it's key when you're down 7 with 33 seconds left on the clock, no timeouts, and on your own 20 yard line. All he would be able to do is throw a pathetic floater 20 yards down field which would probably get intercepted anyway.

If you're down 7 with 33 seconds left, no timeouts and on the 20 yard line, you're pretty much dead and buried even if your QB has Brett Favre type arm strength.

I think a strong arm is most important not for bombs or hail marys but when you have a small window that you need to zing a ball in on a short or intermediate throw.

wait i am confused, are dolphins trolls STILL trying to talk up that team. All because you got Porter and a high draft pick. wow.

Really?? We are ranked higher without the help of a playoff offense, we have the leading tackler in the NFL and we have the Defensive MVP. Now what exactly about NE's D is better??

Less points allowed comes to mind.

My word, but you're a douchebag. Seriously.

I like how you use the fact that the Pats had more picks and less TD's allowed as an argument that the Phins' passing D is better. The fact that Miami trailed most of their games in the fourth quarter and opponents were just grinding out the clock probably never entered your head.

wait i am confused, are dolphins trolls STILL trying to talk up that team. All because you got Porter and a high draft pick. wow.

THEY HAVE TO BE LIKE US~!!1

Other than as a possible spoiler, e.g. winning a game against a playoff berth team, the Dolphins are again irrelevant to the 2006 season playoffs picture.

My word, but you're a douchebag. Seriously.

I like how you use the fact that the Pats had more picks and less TD's allowed as an argument that the Phins' passing D is better. The fact that Miami trailed most of their games in the fourth quarter and opponents were just grinding out the clock probably never entered your head.

No the fact the we had one of the best Run D's and the 5th best passing D in the league occured to me! Did it ever occur to you that most teams didn't have big leads on Miami last year, even though our offense was of little help?? We dictated what offenses did, not the other way around.

It's kind of foolish to sit there and say that the Dolphins D is better than the Pats because "they didn't have an offense, and look at what they still did" and then use statistics like the conventional PASSING DEFENSE to make your argument as well. If the Dolphins O was so bad, and they were out of games a lot, teams didn't have to throw as much. The opposing offense attempted 21 more passes against the Pats than the 'Fins (497 to 518) for a difference of 12.3 yards per game. If you simply project the Fins statistics (using average per attempt) the difference in yards per game goes from 12.3 to a measly 3.6. That's without even considering that, if you are ahead by a sizeable lead the D is playing prevent. If you are playing prevent, it's easier for the opposition to complete slightly deeper passes. Six and a half yards becomes ten and a half. The difference in ypg doesn't seem as big. You can also then go on to look at the other statistics that determine how good a defense is(in this case, particularly the secondary), such as scoring, sacks, INTs, and rush defense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teampass&pos=def&league=afc&season=2&year=2006

And if you want to see a defensive ranking based not only on yards (a deceptive statistic), check out Troy Aikman's efficiency ratings. Surprise, surprise, he also thinks the Pats D was better than the Dolphins.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9905391

And, feelthepain, you are an ignorant buffoon.

No the fact the we had one of the best Run D's and the 5th best passing D in the league occured to me! Did it ever occur to you that most teams didn't have big leads on Miami last year, even though our offense was of little help?? We dictated what offenses did, not the other way around.

You are clueless. Your logic is fatally flawed. No one said "big" leads.

And you are a capital A-hole.

Now let's run down the list of things you are not allowed to have an opinion about, based solely on the fact that you've most likely never participated:

Childbirth
Politics
Movies/TV
Luxury Cars
PRO football
Etc.

Last edited:
Ah, the classic you've never played football so therefore you are in no place to comment on anything about it. If playing automatically made you an expert then Michael Irvin and Marshall Faulk wouldn't sound like such idiots. To bring up gender is frankly lame, and something I thought even you would be above, but I guess I was wrong.

Well along with your lack of knowledge of the game of football is your obvious lack of READING comprehension. If you read my post, playing the game was just one of the reasons you shouldn't be talking samck. You are more concerned about what your girlfriends will were to the game then you are about who will play in the slot if Wes goes down with an injury, or why you would line up Thomas up on the line istead of in the OLB position on third and long. So it goes beyond you never playing the game.

I have always said the Dolphins have had a tough defense. They have a playoff caliber defense. But if I had the choice, I would still take the Patriots defense. This is a reasonable opinion. I'm not the only one here who feels this way. In fact you are in the minority, and it's not all Patriots fans who feel this way.

Ofcourse you would, that's what I would expect from a girl who's listening to what every other Pat fan say's rather then doing the research to understand why Miamis D is better.I'm the minority on a Pats board...what are the odds.

Yes the Miami offense was bad, and that certainly didn't help the defense, but there are some defensive categories that are just not affected by the offense, such as interceptions and passing touchdowns. And you bring up total yardage in comparison but it's well known that the Patriots employ a bend but don't break defense, so that yardage allowed is sometimes somewhat high while points allowed are low.

First of all most of the TD's Miami's secondary gave up were early in the season. Also Miam's secondary was completly rebuilt last year. Renaldo Hill, Will Allen, Jason Allen, Andre' Goodman were either in College or on another team in 05, yet this group still managed to finish the season with the 5th best passing D. So while you'll cling to the INT's and TD's stats as if that determines who's better, it's a given that a complete rebuilding of a secondary shouldn't be expected to finish as high as 5th, unless they performed well. Yet the Pats secondary finished 12th....I'll do the math for you that's 7 teams between Miami and NE that finished better then the Pats.

Clearly you don't get football, because if the Patriots were as bad as you would make them out to be and the Dolphins were as good as you make them out to be then they would have one the division and the Patirots would have finished last. But you blatantly disregard facts and logic.

This is perhaps the most telling thing you could write to determine YOUR lack of football knowledge. Football stats don't always tell the whole story. It also speaks volumes about your lack of understanding of organized sports. The one biggest difference in the Pats and the Dolphins isn't talent, but confidence. Teams that have confindence will more often then not outperform teams with talent. It's called an "intangable" winning year after year helps that, it also helps to have one of the best coachs in the league. So while you think it's about TD's and Int's it's more about the confidence.
That's why for Miami's D to outperform NE's they have to be playing at a higher level....much to your dismay.

Miami's D can't run to the sideine after a big stop and relax....but NE's D sure seems to have that ability. If you think for one second that doesn't have an effect on TD's and Int's teams score on a D then you're really clueless! The pressure on Miami's D is twice what it is for NE and Miami played a bunch more snaps then NE's D, so the chances increase that you'll give up more points, lack of working experence explains why the Int's were low.

You are a bitter homer. You are constantly trying to put a 6-10 team above a team that came a few minutes away from playing in the Superbowl. Please do put me on ignore, so that I don't have to deal with your delusional and completely unreasonable rantings. And don't worry, the lackk of respect is completely mutual.

I'd rather be bitter then arrogant and rude. Pat fans act like they are the ones taking the snaps and signing the talent. As if they did all the hard work to produce the success. They also act as if ther will never be a change in the success....like you control that. I would love nothing more then to see the Pats fail just so I could act like a total jerk towards Pat fans and place all the blame on the fans. After all, you're the reason for the Pats success, you won't mind being the cause of their faliure. I somehow doubt I'd be allowed to talk the kind of nonsense and ridiculous smack that Pat fans are allowed to talk because, well, it wouldn't be fair!!

Last edited:
In today's NFL, a team needs 3 things to compete at an elite level:

1. Coaching
2. Solid QB play
3. Strong defense

even *IF* MIA had the best defense in the league, they are still sorely lacking in the other 2 departments.

Saban was supposed to be the savior for MIA.
Culpepper was supposed to be the QB for MIA.
and their wonderful yet aging defense was supposed to hang on just a few more years while it all came together.

no... things don't look good at all for MIA.

Fans can harp on Pennington about his arm strength but the fact is that he's a smart QB. New Englanders (more than anyone) should realize how important a smart QB who makes good decisions is. Add Pennington in with the Belichick-prototype Mangini and the NYJ are 2/3's the way there... call 'em NE-Light if you will.

NE
NYJ
BUF
MIA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back