PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A few random off-season thoughts/questions

TriplecHamp

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
1) So the media has pretty much considered Gronkowski a giant question mark. All actual reports suggest that back issue is nothing serious and the forearm issue seems to be in the home stretch. Watch any show on ESPN or NFLN and you'd think his career is in Jeopardy. Seems like this is going to be one of those things where after week 4 when he has 20+ catches and 4TD's analysts will pretend like they said nothing this offseason.

2) Some Bills fans are HILARIOUS
without tape belli-cheat and brady won't know what to do! LOL

pettine will find a way to punch brady in the mouth and he will
cry and whine like a little girlie to officials.

bills win easily...

don't think that our "fast paced offense" is going to surprise the Belicheat Pats... THEY RUN ONE TOO... they did it a lot last year throwing people off guard, running no-huddle to keep defenses from rotating players, getting people tired and on their heels... Brady runs it well, (because it favors the offense) and if they run it you can bet they are well conditioned against it from practice, and wont be quite as 'fooled' as you might think...

With that said, I believe we will send Goodwin deep and launch it as far as we can opening play/drive to set a tone and we wont take our foot off the gas unless/until we've hit 60 points... We WILL beat the pats in week one... and as a wagering man I'll happily make some 'friendly' wagers about it... just sayin' Provided we can keep our momentum high and our injuries through camp minimal... going in healthy we have the advantage at home and I think we take it...
AFCE rankings - Buffalo wins division and ends playoff drought...
1.Buffalo BIlls
2.Miami Dolphins
3.NE Patsies
4.Hapless JETS

With an actual defense that knows how to stop the Pats... YES.
Kolb showed last year he can lead a team to victory over the Pats... in New England.
Or if Manuel is progressing fast enough to be the starter, even better.
The new up tempo-speed offense will destroy New England's terrible defense.

These aint the same dynasty Pats from a few years ago. I believe they are weak now and we can get the drop on 'em early in the season in the first game! I really want to say the division goes through Miami this year but I'm not really convinced about them either. This division is up for grabs this year!

pTDN3.gif

Every.Single.Year.fans from other teams in the division think its their year to dethrone the patriots.

also lmfao at their rookie QB talking about how simple their offense is. Surely nothing can go wrong in Buffalo this season:rolleyes:

3) Is their any media allowed at the OTAs today?

The only thing EJ Manuel does well is throw up the deep ball. That's literally it. I cannot stress to you just how confused and awful he looked against the Gators this last season. Pro defenses are going to eat him alive.

The media isn't the only ones considering Gronk a giant question mark. He's got a weak wing and now a sore back. I think we'll be lucky if he doesn't end up on PUP to start the season, and I will be nervous every time he catches a ball, at least at first. The way things have gone for him these past two years, I don't even think it's that outrageous to question if his career is in jeopardy. You can't play in the NFL with your arm hanging off and repeated infections around a plate holding it together are a legit concern.

Edit - I don't necessarily think that the Gronk issues will affect the team - they always seem to pull a rabbit out of a hat, but I for one am worried about Gronk.

1) So the media has pretty much considered Gronkowski a giant question mark. All actual reports suggest that back issue is nothing serious and the forearm issue seems to be in the home stretch. ......

Oh boy; wait till MGTEICH sees this part....home stretch? I don't know man.

The media isn't the only ones considering Gronk a giant question mark. He's got a weak wing and now a sore back. I think we'll be lucky if he doesn't end up on PUP to start the season, and I will be nervous every time he catches a ball, at least at first. The way things have gone for him these past two years, I don't even think it's that outrageous to question if his career is in jeopardy. You can't play in the NFL with your arm hanging off and repeated infections around a plate holding it together are a legit concern.

Edit - I don't necessarily think that the Gronk issues will affect the team - they always seem to pull a rabbit out of a hat, but I for one am worried about Gronk.

Might want to dial down the melodrama a little bit. His arm is now hanging off and being held together by a plate? Where do you folks come up with this stuff?

Might want to dial down the melodrama a little bit. His arm is now hanging off and being held together by a plate? Where do you folks come up with this stuff?

wait he still has an arm? I heard they just cut if off from the elbow down. The infection is now supposedly spread to aaron hernandez too.:rolleyes:

forgot another thought:

Why isn't the league investigating the seahawks after their what 7th positive PED test in 2 years? There is a serious problem in seattle and other than a few 2 minute pieces, nobody is saying anything about it.

2011_1_4-2011_1_4_18_35_32-gif-51202gif_zps8bd63f9b.jpg

Laugh all you want guys. No one hopes I'm wrong more than me. The last time I was called hysterical was when I called for the Albert Hanesworth experiment to be over and everyone jumped down my throat because he was "injured." He was gone about a week later despite his "injuries."

We'll see where we are in August. For me, it is very important that the infection is gone. The arm will now be fine. Now, hopefully he will not damage it again.

With regard to his back, I don't like lingering back problems, even if they are minor. However, Belichick certainly is willing to deal with top players with back problems. As with Vollmer, we just have make sure that we have strong backups.

My bottom line is that we won't have any real information for months, other than the usual "everything is ahead of schedule".

I would NOT expect Gronk to be put on the PUP list, even if he is not ready at the start of the season (which is quite possible). After, he should be at least close to 100% when the season starts.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back