PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

9 and 0, and feeling depressed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be married 20 years in a couple of weeks. Sitting thru the occasional RoCo is required...

Of course.

Fortunately, a few of them are actually good. I'm always happy to rewatch Notting Hill or Shakespeare in Love. Parts of Love Actually are good too, but I got tired of that one.

:D
well...it's THAT time of year again..welcome back United Bawkers Of New England...

chicken-little.jpg

LMAO!! :D

Of course.

Fortunately, a few of them are actually good. I'm always happy to rewatch Notting Hill or Shakespeare in Love. Parts of Love Actually are good too, but I got tired of that one.

Notting Hill was very good.

Pretty Woman is probably my favorite.

When Harry Met Sally and Chasing Amy are up there for me too.

Maybe, "When Jules Met Brady" might be the next hit :p

Injuries are a part of the game. It is a game of attrition which is why adding depth instead of one 20 million dollar "shut down" CB made sense.

Dobson, Martin, White and possibly Harper will be asked to step up their game just as some, used to be no named players, had to step up their game in the past. Very few knew what Welker, Edelman or Lewis, to name a few, would be when they got here. Time for the next guy.

OLine health should improve over the next couple of weeks, Collins should be back soon and Sheard played a few snaps last night.

One thing this team can do better than any other is adapt.

This Tweet puts adds some needed perspective.

Rich Hill ‏@PP_Rich_Hill 15m15 minutes ago
Option C could get the Patriots best players on the field.

CT7gxr0WwAAiK6R.png

Notting Hill was very good.

Pretty Woman is probably my favorite.

When Harry Met Sally and Chasing Amy are up there for me too.

Maybe, "When Jules Met Brady" might be the next hit :p

I actually went to see Pretty Woman with a gay male friend. :) I lived in NYC at the time, and it wasn't in many theaters any more, so I figured it was time to get it seen.

When Harry Met Sally was good, but other than the faked-orgasm and double-blind-date scenes -- a major and minor classic respectively -- I'm not sure I'd want to rewatch it.

Let me get this straight: people who claim to be Patriots fans are actually complaining that Patriots fans are unhappy that Edelman, one of our clutch offensive weapons, broke his foot?

Oh look another thread whining about the win, go troll somewhere else.

The following are two different sentences:
1. The Patriots won.
2. Edelman broke his foot.

Contrary to what some people in this thread seem to think, you can be sad about one, and not the other. Further, if you are think #2 is unfortunate, that doesn't imply you are whining about #1. Indeed, anyone claiming such a thing seems to need to bone up on the fundamentals of the English language.

Being sad or pissed or generally unhappy about losing a key player to injury is actually an appropriate response for a fan that wants their team to win. Complaining about people being sad? That's just denial, and is a weird response that doesn't match reality.

Also, personally for many of us it's different with Edelman. I feel like I know him becaues hwe have seen a lot on his story/background, what a grinder he is, how much he works, what he's been through just to get where he is now. It's like seeing a relative go down.

Last edited:
Injuries are a part of the game. It is a game of attrition which is why adding depth instead of one 20 million dollar "shut down" CB made sense.

Dobson, Martin, White and possibly Harper will be asked to step up their game just as some, used to be no named players, had to step up their game in the past. Very few knew what Welker, Edelman or Lewis, to name a few, would be when they got here. Time for the next guy.

OLine health should improve over the next couple of weeks, Collins should be back soon and Sheard played a few snaps last night.

One thing this team can do better than any other is adapt.

This Tweet puts adds some needed perspective.

Rich Hill ‏@PP_Rich_Hill 15m15 minutes ago
Option C could get the Patriots best players on the field.

CT7gxr0WwAAiK6R.png

It will help a lot if Chandler can step up his game. The one offensive disappointment of the season for me has been Chandler and, by extension, multi-TE sets.

I actually went to see Pretty Woman with a gay male friend. :) I lived in NYC at the time, and it wasn't in many theaters any more, so I figured it was time to get it seen.

When Harry Met Sally was good, but other than the faked-orgasm and double-blind-date scenes -- a major and minor classic respectively -- I'm not sure I'd want to rewatch it.

As I've gotten older, anything with Billy Crystal annoys me. Seeing Monsters Inc 1000 times did it.

I enjoyed that game more than any other this season, and I was happy to see then get pushed to the max, they needed that. Injuries are part of the deal and no team is built to handle them better than the Patriots are. Losing Edelman obviously sucks but if they get him back and get healthy for the playoffs then they are going to be a b.tch to beat. Better to suffer injuries like this now than in December.

I watched Home Alone 1 and 2 with my two 12 year olds on Saturday night to kick off the holiday season. I am one of those sentimental saps who will watch holiday classics over and over. PS - ABC Family came out with it's holiday schedule last week and the Polar Express (which will show about 50 times) is on December 1st! :)

I think Edelman will be back by the playoffs, which is much better than having him for the whole season and then having him blow out his knee in a meaningless week 17 game (in Texas).

The Pat's win yesterday with a guy who started the year on the practice squad playing left tackle, ther center playing right tackle in his second game back from injury, two UDFA's and a rookie at guard and center. That is impressive!!! Look at how bad Denver and Dallas look without some stars. Vollmer will be back, I,be always liked Flming, Stork showed me a lot playing a decent RT last night, Jackson will be back. On a whol, the Pat's O-line will be just fine.

The Pat's are 9-0 with wins in the next two weeks they can clinch the division and would have at least a three and a half game lead over Denver ( with 5 games left) for a first round bye. So buck up buckaroo, all is well!

Next man up. Are you too young to remember when Troy Brown was playing cornerback? Losing Edelman sucks, but as long as Brady is playing we are in it. Besides, I'm getting the feeling that the defense is going to get considerably better as the season goes into December. Yesterdays' win was a huge boost for their collective ego, especially Butler's.

When the issue is forced, a lot of Gronk's targets turn into INTs.

Locking in on a couple of receivers to the exclusion of others is exactly the wrong policy here.

good point...brady threw picks in every playoff game last season while targeting gronk.

It was awesome to win that game and be 9 and 0 don't get me wrong. But first the O Line gets riddled, then Lewis, and now Edleman, freaking Edleman! It's like I wait all week for these games, then we win and stay undefeated, but yet there is still a massive blow to balance out or even nullify the elation of the win. Last week all week they talked about how are we going to win without Lewis, now it is how are they going to win without Edleman.

I am trying to tell my self, look around he league... teams that we supposed to be in it this year are plagued with injury worse than us. I feel like all the rest of the games I am mostly going to be rooting against injury on every play. Today for instance I would have taken a loss , being 8 and 1, and still having a healthy Edleman going forward over getting the win and losing him.

Oh well, part of the game.

The good news is: The NEP will be in the playoffs. :D

And they will get back a lot of players currently nursing injuries back. :D :D

And if the Pats go on to secure home-field advantage, the rest is superfluous. :D :D :D

The bottom line is: What is the state/condition of the team come play-off time. The rest is superfluous! :rolleyes:

All the stuff about domination and perfect records and the rest...is not even on the team's radar. It's the fans that make this stuff in their heads. Some are more afraid to lose than courageous to win. Imagine how the NEP would fair with that attitude? :eek:

“It doesn’t really matter if at the end of our journey we don’t get what we want,” linebacker Dont’a Hightower said. “(Going undefeated) would be cool and all, I’m not going to say it wouldn’t be, but that’s not really what we’re worried about right now."

Read more at: Patriots Aren't Thinking About Going Undefeated, And Neither Should Fans

good point...brady threw picks in every playoff game last season while targeting gronk.

Lucky me. I made a typo, in that I just meant incompletions, and you've shown that what I erroneously typed was correct after all. Thanks!!

well...it's THAT time of year again..welcome back United Bawkers Of New England...

chicken-little.jpg
are we going to see a "I don't care I can't stand it" granted we were seeing those right after browner, revised and wilfork left.

Next man up. Are you too young to remember when Troy Brown was playing cornerback? Losing Edelman sucks, but as long as Brady is playing we are in it. Besides, I'm getting the feeling that the defense is going to get considerably better as the season goes into December. Yesterdays' win was a huge boost for their collective ego, especially Butler's.

No I remember it well. I have been watching the team since 1974 with Jim Plunkett. I remember in 2004 waiting for Law to come back and then being devastated we were not going to have him against Peyton and the Colts in the Divisional round, and then we dominated them. Your point is very well taken.

Does anyone feel that health for Gronk and Amendola is more important the HFA at this point? (Actually we all should, but I mean more the "risking of their health", etc)

I was talking to my brother and he thinks securing Seed number 2 should be priority one, and that HFA should be a bonus, but not all out gone for if it means overuser/risk of either Gronk or Amendola. (Same with undefeated if we have seed one and are 14-0 or something...)

Your statement about getting to 11-0 just about clinches seed 2 (not mathematically, but 13-0 does, and 11-0 just may) is very true. Perhaps if we get the second seed early enough, we should focus on getting Dobson, Chandler, White, Lafell, Bolden, etc more involved/receptions and game experience and go light on Amendola and Gronk to avoid losing them to injury)

EDIT: I'm not saying dont play to go 16-0 if you are 14-0, I'm saying go for it with still not risking certain players like Gronk or Edleman.

To the knee-jerk 'next man up' slogan, someone who kinda knows a little about the Patriots said this:
There's nothing that's really seamless when you lose a great player. When someone that's been the leading receiver on your team for multiple years and you lose him, it's not like you go, 'OK, well let's just put someone else in.' He's too good of a player for that. You just got to kind of find a way to make some adjustments and I think we just made some critical plays when we needed to which was really important down the stretch. Certainly defensively and special teams we did, and offensively I thought we just did enough.

Vollmer and Cannon could be back next week.

Collins will be back.

Sheard only saw limited time today but he's back.

Martin should be back, he was getting a rapport with Brady before he got injured, he won't replace Edelman or Lewis but he definitely can help the offense.

And I still think White can contribute when he doesn't have to stay in to help block.

I hope Cannon and Vollmer will be back. Stork at RT was painful to watch.

Hey, OP. Watch this:

Julian absolutely kills me at 1:05.

He justs gets the crapped knocked out him by three Seahawks, "I love getting hit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST