PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to win every year. Doesnt mean they will and if they dont they cant win next year.
If Brady wants a 6th ring, IMO he needs a 5th this year. This isn't Brady at 29-37 anymore. Sure, he's playing really well and IMO better than ever, but people need to realize Brady "could" regress at any age now. This is a tough age to overcome and Brady is one guy I believe can play to 43 at a high level, but this is his best shot at #5. To many unknowns next season when Brady is 40.

well, it also helps the pats in their superbowl quest this year that there really isnt anyone that I see in both AFC or NFC that really is a powerhouse who can take them out.

steelers maybe. but I dont see them coming into foxboro and beating the patriots. And denver only has a chance if they are at home. that defense/offense wouldnt be able to take down the pats in foxboro

Sure, he's playing really well and IMO better than ever, but people need to realize Brady "could" regress at any age now.

While I get that you're talking about the odds, the overarching truth is that any player could regress at any age.

At least last season we knew we still had Brady (minus first four games) this season. This is the LAST great chance for Brady to win #5. After this season, who knows what could happen. Brady could regress, we could lose Bennett, we may not be as good as this year. I am going into this season as its a now or never Fairy Tail ending.

Not to mention if we want to dream for a #6, they HAVE to win this year.
I think keeping the same players year over year is a negative in many ways

If you look at the years we got Corey Dillon and Randy Moss, the Pats played best their first year with us.

Bringing in new veteran blood every year helps because these guys get here and think "I'd love to go out with a Super Bowl ring". And they work their asses off to make that happen

I wish it worked for Moss and Seau

if they get HFA, i think they're making the super bowl. i just don't see who comes into Foxboro in January and wins

there are a few teams that could steal one from us if everything bounced their way - im actually more scared of san diego than i am of denver, for example, but they probably won't make the playoffs anyway

i dont see trevor simian coming to foxboro and winning in late january, and the first team they'd play would probably be indy/houston or maybe kansas city? AFC champ game denver at our house

i like our chances for the appearance, but super bowl will be tough. Dallas/ATL/Seattle would be a tough test

if they get HFA, i think they're making the super bowl. i just don't see who comes into Foxboro in January and wins

there are a few teams that could steal one from us if everything bounced their way - im actually more scared of san diego than i am of denver, for example, but they probably won't make the playoffs anyway

i dont see trevor simian coming to foxboro and winning in late january, and the first team they'd play would probably be indy/houston or maybe kansas city? AFC champ game denver at our house

i like our chances for the appearance, but super bowl will be tough. Dallas/ATL/Seattle would be a tough test
A New England vs Dallas Superbowl is a wet dream for the NFL! Storylines galore in that potential ratings bonanza! There's still a lot of football to played!

If we're talking trade targets, see what the Saints would want for Stephone Anthony. Be nice to have some LB cover and it looks like he's been marginalised completely just a year in to his career.

So, err, this seems precient now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference