PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

6:30 start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wistahpatsfan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Why the hell can't they do one game at 6:30 on Saturday and the other on Sunday at 3:00? Most of us work on Monday and we all know that this game will take 6 friggin hours to finish with all the TV time outs and extended halftime, etc. I can't take TWO Mondays off in a row.

Why the hell can't they do one game at 6:30 on Saturday and the other on Sunday at 3:00? Most of us work on Monday and we all know that this game will take 6 friggin hours to finish with all the TV time outs and extended halftime, etc. I can't take TWO Mondays off in a row.

You work at 3 in the morning?

I don't have a that problem but waiting until 3:30 (I live in CA) will be all but impossible. I actually went grocery shopping during the Eagles-Falcons Championship game in 2004 to take my mind off football.

I'm living 7 hours ahead of ESTime, so 6:30 there is 01:30 AM here. Got to get in a nappy before it starts cuz the day will be starting by the time the game is over. Wish me luck!!

Maybe they're trying to get us ready for the Super Bowl. Doesn't it start it 6:18 or something like that?

I'm living 7 hours ahead of ESTime, so 6:30 there is 01:30 AM here. Got to get in a nappy before it starts cuz the day will be starting by the time the game is over. Wish me luck!!

Berlin is EST + 6 -- but I'm just so happy that I will be able to see the game at all. I'll worry about Monday when Monday comes.

EST plus five = 11.30pm here. Starts too early for a pre-match nap, finishes too late for any meaningful sleep afterwards. But NEM's bang on. It's a good problem to have.:)

It feels like the NFL is trying to turn into the NBA. As a kid, I remember watching the celtics in the finals during the DAY on Sat or Sunday. Now they start the NBA finals games after 9pm. How can kids watch them?

I fear the NFL will continue to push the start times for playoff games later and later. Soon, it will be 8pm on Sunday night.

7:30 AM Monday here. No waiting around for the start, but sleep wll be tough to come by Sunday night.

I don't have a that problem but waiting until 3:30 (I live in CA) will be all but impossible. I actually went grocery shopping during the Eagles-Falcons Championship game in 2004 to take my mind off football.
Sure, for the chips and the dip and the beer and the pizza for after the game. Does that count as shopping? :D

I kind of like the 6:30pm start...

It gives it a Super Bowl feel...

I'll be in bed by 10pm...

Unless of course I stay up to watch all the postgame coverage of the Pats victory, in which case, I'll be in bed by about 1am...

Either way, who cares...

Football is WAY MORE IMPORTANT than work!

It feels like the NFL is trying to turn into the NBA. As a kid, I remember watching the celtics in the finals during the DAY on Sat or Sunday. Now they start the NBA finals games after 9pm. How can kids watch them?

I fear the NFL will continue to push the start times for playoff games later and later. Soon, it will be 8pm on Sunday night.
Yup, remember all those Celtics finals, and I remember it snowing in NH during a finals game or two. Now the finals don't start until June.

The only thing that worries me about it is that the later the kick-off the worse the Pats do.

Berlin is EST + 6 -- but I'm just so happy that I will be able to see the game at all. I'll worry about Monday when Monday comes.

Did you find a TV hook-up yet?? I'm on Viasat 3, it's out of Norway. They've been showing NASCAR *AND* the NFL since last summer !!! :D Now I know who Jimmy Johnson and Kyle Bush are !! And "Junior", too. Way cool.

TV life couldn't be sweeter (unless, of course, they showed the Pats each weekend instead of the random mix of games they've done. All the Playoffs, though. )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back