PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers WR/KR Kyle Williams receives Death Threats after the loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the information somewhere on ESPN but I cant seem to find the article now. Supposedly it was from a report from New York Magazine on Monday, but it is looking like it is just rumor and speculation. Thanks for your post - it was a good one.

Hi all,

First time poster, Giants fan with family who are Pats fans so looking forward to the SB. Needless to say there is spirited yet affectionate debate in our house for both the GMEN and Pats.

It really is a sad state of affairs that Kyle is being threatened simply because it is WRONG and secondly he is being used as a scapegoat for in-game decisions that were made that put him in this situation. And that starts with the Niner head coach who seems to be playing a teflon role here.

Regarding the two Giants quoted as targeting Williams, do you have a link to that source or was this the rumor mill? I've not heard this and it is certainly not something that Tom Coughlin would be happy about. Giants will play hard, but it's a class organization and dirty tactics would not be tolerated.

Here is an account from TC himself about this situation from a conference call with him:

"We knew going in that this would be a game that would be a very physical game. The 49ers had played very well all year long accumulating 14 wins based on outstanding field position, turnovers that resulted in short drives for scores, and a punter and kicker that kept people at bay no matter what the circumstance was. A record setting punter and kicker and the game proved very much to be that way. I was asked at halftime by Pam Oliver about what I thought the second half would bring and I mentioned again that the game would be decided by turnovers, field position, we certainly had a day where it certainly was weather but both teams, I thought, did an outstanding job of not allowing the weather to become any kind of factor in determining how they played. I mentioned to her that the game would come down to a field goal, perhaps, and I didn’t mention anything about overtime but there it was. During the overtime, the consistency in the way in which both defenses played was outstanding. I would be less than honest if I didn’t say that. The direct path to victory was going to be a most difficult one. What I really felt was somehow, someway someone who is not normally someone in the limelight would make a play that would help us win it and we had two of them. The two special teams plays which you pray for all year long, some big play and some special teams play that would give you an opportunity to win the game and of course they occurred twice and Devin Thomas was involved in both and Jacquian Williams making the incredible strip play as the returner made an excellent cut and was really trying to avoid Jacquian. His reaction with long arms was really quite a feat. That and plus the ability to maneuver the ball down in with the run game to get it located directly in the middle of the field and then kick the game-winning field goal which brought great drama to the conclusion of the game. The game was a very hard fought game in which we had 90 snaps in the game and they had 57. We had 38:36 of time of possession and the difference we thought was that they were 0-1 in the red zone and we were 2-4. The play by Eli to Mario Manningham on third down after we had the holding penalty that knocked us back, I can’t tell you how important that was to allowing us to win the game. Had we been forced to kick a field goal there, that situation that came up a little bit later may have been different."

Good luck to your Pats unless you're playing the Giants! :p :bricks:

Classless and wrong? That's their job, you're supposed to hit the other guy so hard he has to leave the game.

Sorry I wasnt aware that was what football players were supposed to do. I wasn't talking about hitting guys hard that was classless and wrong, I was referring to targetting a players head who has a history of concussions.
Here is what Giants linebacker Michael Boley had to say:

"In our meeting we didn't talk about it. Concussions (are) a big deal. It's something that we don't teach or we don't talk about it. We don't want to hurt anybody. We're a fraternity of brothers, all across the league. We don't want to see anybody get hurt," Boley said. "When you're out on the field playing, you don't think about somebody's past injuries."

Feel bad for Williams, nobody should have to deal with that crap, kid feels bad enough as it is. Would NE fans be placing death threats to Woodhead if they hadn't come back and won? I doubt it.

However I am amazed that Cundiff managed to make it out of the shower room without getting shanked.

Feel bad for Williams, nobody should have to deal with that crap, kid feels bad enough as it is. Would NE fans be placing death threats to Woodhead if they hadn't come back and won? I doubt it.

However I am amazed that Cundiff managed to make it out of the shower room without getting shanked.

They probably figured that one shank was already enough.

49ers fans should save more than just a little anger for their OC, who oversaw, exc. for a couple of
well-designed runs & 2 long TD passes, a PO-losing execution of offense. There was very little motion,
or screens, or reverses, or imagination.
Case in point: 3rd/short near midfield near end of half; everybody in the stadium knew what the call was,
and where the ball was going, before the play was run...including the Jints.
Therfore, instead of killing the clock for poss. the rest of the half - and perhaps even scoring a FG,
the 49ers punt and the Jints score a FG instead. The game's margin of victory? A FG.

And their QB isn't very good, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes