PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers WR/KR Kyle Williams receives Death Threats after the loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably called in by someone at ESPN so they had a "juicy" story to report on!

Venting is cursing that players name and throwing anything near you into a wall.

Sending a direct message to an athlete that you might take his life because he cost your favorite team a win is NOT venting...it's a crime and if caught,that venting (as you put it :rolleyes:) will send you to jail.

You need an education in what venting means

This is the net, not a face to face fight. You need education on the net, I have been around it for over 14 years now and this is a joke compared to the things I have seen. Everything is taken to extreme when people vent online, its not a real threat, there is a difference between a real threat and a Twitter/Youtube/Forum attack which is pretty much common in this era.

Like I said if it happened to us there would be many 'threats' linked to MA ip addresses, at the end of the day technology makes it easier than ever to get online and attack people, you don't have to agree with it, but it will only get worse so accept that.

Sports in America (and elsewhere - looking you're way world soccer) can be really, really out of hand.

It should be fun if you win, and somewhat disappointing if you lose. It shouldn't be your raison d'etre or life & death.

People need to get their priorities straight...

You make a good point. Things are much worse in the world of soccer, though. Players and coaches actually have been killed for losing.

As for me: I feel a sense of relief/satisfaction when the Pats win and REALLY crappy when they lose. I know I'm out of whack. :cool:

Idiots everywhere.

IIRC a Bills player had his house vandalized on account of a fumble against the Patriots a few years back.

I think Bill Buckner got a death threat or two as well.

Last edited:
These threats or vents (if that's how you want to look at it) should be taken seriously when you are threatening someone's life. This should be looked at by the authorities and the ridiculous people who made the threat should be prosecuted within the letter of the law.

Idiots everywhere.

IIRC a Bills player had his house vandalized on account of a fumble against the Patriots a few years back.

I think Bill Buckner got a death threat or two as well.

That was Leodis McKelvin the Bills CB

The coaches should take responsibilty for this. The put this kid out there again after his first blunder without instructions to fair catch and nor did they put a vet out there. Not to mention some pathetic offensive playcalling with multiple chances to win the game.

I wondered about this in both fumble situations.... There had to be someone on the roster who was more competent and practiced (he had like one return all season) than him. Or are NFL rosters too limited in size to supply a decent backup at every position. Hey, a long snapper going down, I get, but a return man I don't get.

Lol @ "death threats" on Twitter.

If someone personally sends him a letter, that's one thing. LetsGoNiners69 on Twitter going "MAN, I CAN KILL KYLE WILLIAMS RIGHT NOW I HOPE YOU DIE!" on Twitter isn't nearly the same thing.

If someone personally sends him a letter, that's one thing. LetsGoNiners69 on Twitter going "MAN, I CAN KILL KYLE WILLIAMS RIGHT NOW I HOPE YOU DIE!" on Twitter isn't nearly the same thing.

I agree that doesn't rise to level of being a death threat.

However "@KyleWilliams YOU ARE A DEAD MAN"

Probably does rise to the level of a death threat.

Was it Woody Hayes who said something like, "Better a boy never to have been born than to fumble the football"

Given that nostrum, death threats are as always inappropriate. May i suggest that 49ers fans call for his castration so that he does not spawn any more boys who violate the sacrosanct rule of football?

Was it Woody Hayes who said something like, "Better a boy never to have been born than to fumble the football"

Given that nostrum, death threats are as always inappropriate. May i suggest that 49ers fans call for his castration so that he does not spawn any more boys who violate the sacrosanct rule of football?

Your post got me thinking. Should BJGE open his own sperm bank for family who want a son that won't fumble a football.

Just preventing Williams from having offspring wouldn't really solve the problem, most people have the fumble gene. BJGE has the rare doesn't fumble gene.

Yeah, I LOL'ed at the one saying that Williams, his wife, and his children all deserved to die. F^%$#@! hilarious!

Yeah, I LOL'ed at the one saying that Williams, his wife, and his children all deserved to die. F^%$#@! hilarious!

Yeah...that one was a real knee slapper. I must have laughed for about 10 mins. I bet Kyle and his family were all giggles too. Great humor on twitter.

Two Giants were quoted as saying they had targeted Kyle Williams since he had a history of concussions. They said they wanted to put a big hit on him to knock him out of the game. Talk about classless and just plain wrong. Football is a tough and physical game but there is no place for that , especially regarding the life altering results of concussions (i.e. Marc Savard, Sidney Crosby). The other thing is if it is true that Williams has a history of concussions, why in the world is he back there catching punts? Maybe that affected his ability to catch the ball cleanly and aggressively. Not trying to make excuses, I'm just saying.

Hi all,

First time poster, Giants fan with family who are Pats fans so looking forward to the SB. Needless to say there is spirited yet affectionate debate in our house for both the GMEN and Pats.

It really is a sad state of affairs that Kyle is being threatened simply because it is WRONG and secondly he is being used as a scapegoat for in-game decisions that were made that put him in this situation. And that starts with the Niner head coach who seems to be playing a teflon role here.

Regarding the two Giants quoted as targeting Williams, do you have a link to that source or was this the rumor mill? I've not heard this and it is certainly not something that Tom Coughlin would be happy about. Giants will play hard, but it's a class organization and dirty tactics would not be tolerated.

Here is an account from TC himself about this situation from a conference call with him:

"We knew going in that this would be a game that would be a very physical game. The 49ers had played very well all year long accumulating 14 wins based on outstanding field position, turnovers that resulted in short drives for scores, and a punter and kicker that kept people at bay no matter what the circumstance was. A record setting punter and kicker and the game proved very much to be that way. I was asked at halftime by Pam Oliver about what I thought the second half would bring and I mentioned again that the game would be decided by turnovers, field position, we certainly had a day where it certainly was weather but both teams, I thought, did an outstanding job of not allowing the weather to become any kind of factor in determining how they played. I mentioned to her that the game would come down to a field goal, perhaps, and I didn’t mention anything about overtime but there it was. During the overtime, the consistency in the way in which both defenses played was outstanding. I would be less than honest if I didn’t say that. The direct path to victory was going to be a most difficult one. What I really felt was somehow, someway someone who is not normally someone in the limelight would make a play that would help us win it and we had two of them. The two special teams plays which you pray for all year long, some big play and some special teams play that would give you an opportunity to win the game and of course they occurred twice and Devin Thomas was involved in both and Jacquian Williams making the incredible strip play as the returner made an excellent cut and was really trying to avoid Jacquian. His reaction with long arms was really quite a feat. That and plus the ability to maneuver the ball down in with the run game to get it located directly in the middle of the field and then kick the game-winning field goal which brought great drama to the conclusion of the game. The game was a very hard fought game in which we had 90 snaps in the game and they had 57. We had 38:36 of time of possession and the difference we thought was that they were 0-1 in the red zone and we were 2-4. The play by Eli to Mario Manningham on third down after we had the holding penalty that knocked us back, I can’t tell you how important that was to allowing us to win the game. Had we been forced to kick a field goal there, that situation that came up a little bit later may have been different."

Good luck to your Pats unless you're playing the Giants! :p :bricks:

Two Giants were quoted as saying they had targeted Kyle Williams since he had a history of concussions. They said they wanted to put a big hit on him to knock him out of the game. Talk about classless and just plain wrong. Football is a tough and physical game but there is no place for that , especially regarding the life altering results of concussions (i.e. Marc Savard, Sidney Crosby). The other thing is if it is true that Williams has a history of concussions, why in the world is he back there catching punts? Maybe that affected his ability to catch the ball cleanly and aggressively. Not trying to make excuses, I'm just saying.

Classless and wrong? That's their job, you're supposed to hit the other guy so hard he has to leave the game.

I'm not gonna act like I take it as "just a game". When we lose I go ape s**t, when we lose and feel there is someone to blame I will curse their name...I even may have sent a not so nice message to a player on twitter before. Threatening to take someone's life? That's taking it way too far.

Believe me nobody, and I mean nobody takes these games more seriously than i do. I literally have to watch the games alone because my family can't stand what I become during the games. But death threats? Really, those people need to get a grip. If that's all there is to their lives, I feel sorry for them.

I'm not above talking shyt on twitter either but there is a line. I'm a huge sixers fan and last year after we lost to the heat I told Spencer Hawes he was so bad that he made Chris Bosh look like Wilt Chamberlein. He didn't really appreciate it and he actually responded :D

He's playing great this year so.......

If Cundiff makes it and Edelman fumbles the OT kickoff Pats fans do the same, its just venting not serious.

Seriously??? If you really think this, you need help.

Seriously??? If you really think this, you need help.

Bill Buckner got death threats. Lets not act like our fan base is immune from the same stupidity.

However, I think the point the poster is being made is that the folks who are making the death threats aren't serious. They are seriously P-Oed about the fumbles, but have no actual intent to bring harm upon Williams, dispite their words. Just like the folks who made death threats against Buckner never actually attempted to harm him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye