PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4 superbowls & 19-0 or 5 superbowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way this team is this good if we had won the SB last year. No way.

And the '06 squad would have definitely been the black sheep of our championship herd.

I'd rather get #4 with one of (if not THE) greatest teams in NFL history.

some of you guys are all wet.

The reason that we didn't improve last year was that we were up against the CAP. There was no money. not any ****amamie idea that we were good enough or didn't need the improvements or any other weird ideas.

The reason we added all these players in FA and via trade, was that this year we HAD the CAP money room this offseason.

Geez, You guys dream up the weirdest ideas I have ever heard for why the Pats FO does things or doesn't do them, when th obvious answer is starring you in the face.;) ;)

19-0 and 4 Bowls.

While 5 Bowls would be nice, last year's team was not a Super Bowl team, and would be looked at maybe as a worse team than the 2001 team. If we win last year, there is no guarantee we win this year. Why would we try to get a Moss or a Stallworth when we won with Caldwell and Gaffney? Maybe we still get AD because we needed LB help, but I can't see us being aggressive at the WR position if we won it last year, getting Moss, Stallworth and Welker, maybe going for another, lesser name to put into the slot with Caldwell and Gaffney, so there was a chance we would have peaked at 4 rings and be struggling this year. Plus, how many undefeated teams have there been in NFL history? There has been one. How many Super Bowl winners are there? 41, and a new one every year. There are reasons why people still talk about the 1972 Dolphins to this day. To me, that is a much more elite company to join.

Haha, who would have thought in 2007 we'd be having such topics. 16-0 or Super Bowl, 19-0/4 or 5 Super Bowls?

Got to love being a fan right now. :D

These questions drive me crazy...

WHY NOT BOTH??? :cool:

Hell, how about TWO 19-0's and 7 Super Bowls?
Lord have mercy, I found something I am in 100% agreement with godef over...

These sorts of asinine questions are what I call the ESPNification of sports. It's an absoulutely absurd hypothetical because there's nothing in option 1 (19-0) that precludes option 2 (5 SB's). In fact, if anything, succeeding in option 1 will help succeed in option 2.

It's just a painfully manufactured hypothetical meant to fill space on shows like ATH, PTI and SC and it is silly to talk about it in terms of having to "choose" between one or the other.

Last edited:
How about we just beat Buffalo first?

All of these scenarios....do you want to win 7 or 8 SBs? Or would you rather have Brady throw 60 TDs go undefeated but not make the SB?...they're getting a little ridiculous.

NOTHING is gauranteed folks.

It's a bye week. Looking ahead is fun sometimes.

Rest assured though everyone on here is focused on Buffalo next week.

What do you mean?

All I can think of is a little brat who gets a new bike and throws a fit because he didn't get a Nintendo.

Last time I checked, we actually have to play a few NFL teams before we are handed our rightful crown as the greatest sports team in the history of the universe.:rolleyes:

Lord have mercy, I found something I am in 100% agreement with godef over...

These sorts of asinine questions are what I call the ESPNification of sports. It's an absoulutely absurd hypothetical because there's nothing in option 1 (19-0) that precludes option 2 (5 SB's). In fact, if anything, succeeding in option 1 will help succeed in option 2.

It's just a painfully manufactured hypothetical meant to fill space on shows like ATH, PTI and SC and it is silly to talk about it in terms of having to "choose" between one or the other.

I'm with you. It reminds me of the musings of famous loser teams.

The greatest show on turf?

"Tonight a dynasty is born." - St. Louis Rams WR, Ricky Proehl

Yeah, that was a good one.

Sounds like the kind of talk I imagine in that 14-2 Chargers locker room last year.

Golly gee willickers, do I want the unwashed masses to worship us as undefeated, or would I prefer to be anointed Super Bowl Champion every year.

Decisions, decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore