PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 Patriots QBs (past/present) and 1 former RB played big roles yesterday

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
To take away from the sad Wilfork situation for a minute,I think we should all say it was a very good day for past and present Patriots - 3 QBs and 1 RB....All of whom played big roles and all of which their respective teams were winners.

Matt Cassel in his victory over the Steelers and likely to end Ponder's career as starter in Minnesota.

Brian Hoyer as starting QB with a nice showing for the Browns in that mild upset over the Bengals and also strengthening his position as starter over Weeden.

Brady of course doing what he does with receivers that no one outside of New England can name in a big win over the Falcons.

And last but not least,One of my all time favorite little guy RBs in Danny Woodhead who played a big role with catching 2 TDs in a big win over the Cowboys.

Not bad for a single sunday :)

To take away from the sad Wilfork situation for a minute,I think we should all say it was a very good day for past and present Patriots - 3 QBs and 1 RB....All of whom played big roles and all of which their respective teams were winners.

Matt Cassel in his victory over the Steelers and likely to end Ponder's career as starter in Minnesota.

Brian Hoyer as starting QB with a nice showing for the Browns in that mild upset over the Bengals and also strengthening his position as starter over Weeden.

Brady of course doing what he does with receivers that no one outside of New England can name in a big win over the Falcons.

And last but not least,One of my all time favorite little guy RBs in Danny Woodhead who played a big role with catching 2 TDs in a big win over the Cowboys.

Not bad for a single sunday :)

Agreed! I said to my husband yesterday before the game, "Okay, Brady's back-ups have won the day - he'd better do the same!" Glad to see Woodhead working out in San Diego too. I guess maybe the Pats do know to develop back-up QBs!

Darius Butler also had a pick six. His third pick six since going to Indy.

Forgot about that! Another one of those Bob Lobel, "Why can't WE get players like that?!" moments, LOL...

One of the few that BB gave up on too soon. BB saw the talent, drafted him, but didn't give him enough time amid all the DB injuries. JMHO.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back