PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 great stories from Bill Burt from Brady's homecoming game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is what happens when good reporters do good jobs with great topics.

I found this hidden gem about 6 stories down in Mike Reiss' column, which was thankfully linked to us in another thread. Reiss, unfortunately still works for BSPN who I won't support and even when I want to read the estimatable Reiss, they seem to hide his work among a lot of their worthless pap. So getting an occasional link gives me a chance to catch up with his more recent postings, and it was within one of those postings at the very bottom of the link, that I found the links that Reiss thankfully gave to three stories that Bill Burt (Lawrence Eagle -Tribune) wrote on Brady's homecoming to the Bay area.

One was on his family upbringing and how it affected his future greatness. One was with Steve Mariucci and why the Niners didn't draft him, and one was on how he has seemingly has defied his advancing age. All three would stand on their own as good stories. Together that make a great 20 minute read on a day where the harpies are predicting doom from so many directions.

I posted the links on that thread, but it seems that thread has played out and I thought these stories deserved a bigger play with a thread of their own.

Bill Burt is a gem hidden among the rubble that makes up most of the local media. Hard to believe Ben Volin is at the Globe, while Burt is hidden at a tiny paper on the north shore.

RAISING A CHAMPION: How family, competition and love helped mold Tom Brady

The one that got away: How the 49ers never gave Tom Brady a chance

Beating Father Time: At 39, Pats QB is playing his best football

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back