PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Chicago take MHJ and Washington take Maye, we better hope our scouts intel is that Caleb is not a Bo Callahan after all.

I just got a feeling that Chicago will fall in love with Drake Maye, which nobody is talking about.

Do not think the Patriots need to over think it, take the QB that is left at #3, every thing revolves around QB. Always is a risk but 7 of the 8 QB's left in the playoffs are 1st round picks, think the risk of missing out on a franchise QB is greater than not taking the chance at all. Ideally they'll have the option of 2 to choose from (if Harrison is off the board). As mentioned, lots of talent should still be avail in this draft at OL and WR in rounds 2 and 3.

I'm so much more concerned about free agency - which is going to quickly test the smarts of the new GM brain trust.

But, the draft will be crazy. Probably feel a lot different moving away from the BB mold. I'm excited to see what happens.

If Chicago take MHJ and Washington take Maye, we better hope our scouts intel is that Caleb is not a Bo Callahan after all.

I just got a feeling that Chicago will fall in love with Drake Maye, which nobody is talking about.
Everyone with any intel has said Chicago is drafting a QB. I have not seen a single credible report that says they are not.
Williams is consensus #1 by every scout but the workouts may change that, who knows.
There will be 2 QB's taken before the Patriots.
I hope it goes Williams, and then Washington falls in love with Daniels and then Maye goes to Pats. If Washington is torn between the 2, I'd try to swap with a trade up and take Maye.
I agree Maye might be so impressive in the workouts that he goes #1, it is possible, but if that is the case then Williams still goes #2.

Also, Anderson was/better in the run game as well.

Do not think the Patriots need to over think it, take the QB that is left at #3, every thing revolves around QB. Always is a risk but 7 of the 8 QB's left in the playoffs are 1st round picks, think the risk of missing out on a franchise QB is greater than not taking the chance at all. Ideally they'll have the option of 2 to choose from (if Harrison is off the board). As mentioned, lots of talent should still be avail in this draft at OL and WR in rounds 2 and 3.
The only issue I have with this plan is that Maye and Daniels are different enough that the OC/Scheme matter. Williams is an about face to recent schemes. Who the hell is running what scheme? If it's JM I think Daniels fit better where Maye might suit BO more.
Are TEs still in favor over FBs? HBs a consideration?

Sounds like a QB to me...

I thought the same thing. This is a good rope-a-dope for anyone who wants Daniels and wants to trade into that spot, BUT I hope they're not signaling ahead of time they are going to take the best QB remaining.

Last edited:
Everyone with any intel has said Chicago is drafting a QB. I have not seen a single credible report that says they are not.
Williams is consensus #1 by every scout but the workouts may change that, who knows.
There will be 2 QB's taken before the Patriots.
I hope it goes Williams, and then Washington falls in love with Daniels and then Maye goes to Pats. If Washington is torn between the 2, I'd try to swap with a trade up and take Maye.
I agree Maye might be so impressive in the workouts that he goes #1, it is possible, but if that is the case then Williams still goes #2.
1) I agree that the #1 pick is very likely to be a QB, whether the pick is made by CHI or by another team.

2) I'm not at all sure of the #2 pick. I've seen 6 QB's projected to be drafted in the top 15. Much depends on who wants which QB. I can see someone picking the WR at 2, or even trading up to 2 to get the WR. Obviously, that would be a team with a stable QB situation, and who thought that they needed this one player to compete for the conference championship. Otherwise, the pick will simply go to the highest bidder. There will be lots of QB needy teams.

3) I could see the patriots trading down 2-4 spots if their choice has been picked. Perhaps they just don't like any one QB much better than the other three. Someone could give enough to move down a couple of spots.

4) For those who say that we will pick Nix or McCarthy (or Penix) in the 2nd, I'd say that they will be disappointed. They will be long gone.

And if Harrison is gone by number 3, do you take nabers or a qb?
That probably means Maye is there and I'm good with that. Scared of Daniels though. I watch his film and I see big play after big play that looks (to me) as though they'd be big disasters in the NFL.

Listen to Curren and Mazz attack Mayo for being too forthcoming with the media. The hypocrisy is through the roof.

This reminds me of the first time I went out for drinks after work as a 22 year old with new colleagues at my first job. I got left with a huge part of the tab. One of the old heads, a guy in his 50s, offered to split the damage in half. He said to me, as a word of advice for a wet behind the ears new worker: "These are not your friends."

:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday