PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022-23 Playoffs; The Quest for The Cup

best regular season of all time, most points in history, up 3-1 in the series with two chances to win on home ice in games five and seven. up a goal with less than a minute left in game 7.... and you lose overtime. this is one of the biggest chokes in sports history. it's hard to win a series in hockey, the most difficult of all sports. but this is just an indictment on the leadership of the Bruins on the ice. they had a team that backed into the playoffs because Pittsburgh blew a lead on the ropes and could not deliver the knockout punch. it's unfathomable that you can't put away the Florida Panthers in game five or game seven on home ice.

Bottom line was the Bruins weren't advancing past Toronto even if they beat Florida. THey just didn't look like the same team from the regular season.

the Boston Bruins continue to find miraculous and astounding ways to lose playoff games and playoff series

Ownership did everything in its power including mortgaging this teams future to make sure this team was set up to win this cup and make history. Best trade deadline ever.

Players blew it and they can choke on it for life. Fu%%!!!!!!

2007 was bad, but you knew season was ending that day. This feels more like 1978 Sox losing the playoff game - utterly crushing

So close to scoring another goal at the end of the 3rd period. Hit the crossbar. Then he hits the goalies fecking stick at the start of OT. Wasn't meant to be.

They had it. Allowing it to get tied with a minute left and an empty net at the other end was excruciating. It's almost like they were spent after that.

Bottom line was the Bruins weren't advancing past Toronto even if they beat Florida. THey just didn't look like the same team from the regular season.
**** you twat. Get the fu k off our board you lying piece of ****. Fake ass mac10 *****. You should if been banned the moment you came out of the closet.

They had it. Allowing it to get tied with a minute left and an empty net at the other end was excruciating. It's almost like they were spent after that.
They came out sluggish and tentative. Got in a hole, recovered, but in a one goal game sh*t can happen. This loss is on the players

Considering the Chiefs are being brought up a lot, I can only assume the ****artist formerly known as Mac10 has appeared. I am here to tell you that the ignore function exists and it improves lives. Never leave home and go on this board without it
Yes he even trolls on hockey threads.

No they weren’t, if they struggled moving the puck out of their own end against Toronto then the Leafs would’ve scored six goals a game and it would have been over quickly.

Heartbroken thinking Bergeron’s career in Boston ended like that.
I couldn’t agree more and I think that’s why I was so stressed during the series.

They just didn’t play well. Lots of mental mistakes. Sad ending to an awesome season.

Unbelievable.

Ully was cool, calm and fundamental sound all year. No juicy rebounds, risky plays or soft goals for the most part. Complete 180 in the playoffs. I'll admit it's a little hindsight but Sway should have played G2. That said the team was dealing with a sickness and Ully clearly wasn't right so it's hard to ignore that when you're seeing it up close as the coach. Should have started G6 and and I stand by him starting tonight. He gave up one bad goal. Winner was a nice shot and I love Grzzy but man you gotta dive in front of that one. Its OT G7 playoffs.

Boys shoot the F'n puck why don't ya??? Carlo was our 3rd leader in shots on 5o5 play!! We went periods without a shot from Pasta, Krejci and others. We got at least 5 goals off rebounds, tips the past few games. It's the playoffs, especially OT. Shoot the F'n puck on net.

Bergy obviously wasn't himself at all. I understand why but IF we are able to run it back with more or less the same crew. Him and Marchy might need a little less pt. For the good of everyone. That group was tight this series but especially tonight. The Czech line should be starting and Burty needs to be on our 2nd line.

I think it's possible to piece it together for another year but we missed a huge opportunity here. For once the Bruins went as "all in" as the Bruins do. With a stacked team. Two top 5-15 goalies. Just blew it. Gave it away up 3-1.

I am actually a Bruins fan. My grandfather was a season ticket holder during the 70's run.

In terms of "choking/collapses", this is worse than SB 42. The Patriots didn't lose in round one. It was one game winner take all. A fluke helmet catch beat them. But it's not as if they gave up a 14 point lead with two minutes left or anything. That was heartbreaking for Boston fans. Choke? No.

2010- On its own, yeah a choke. Blowing a 3-0 series lead and game 7 lead. But Krejci was hurt. Nobody was beating Chicago that year. They won it the next year. Choke? Yeah. But big picture wise, I don't think they win the cup if they beat Flyers. Not even sure they win round three.

2003 ALCS- At the time it was bad I'm sure. But 04 and every title after that definitely makes it a bit easier to swallow now.

THIS has to be up there as one of the biggest collapses/choke jobs in Boston sports history. A record setting year washed away by blowing a 3-1 lead to an inferior opponent. And you can't hang on for 59 seconds? Ugh.

Giannis said there is no failure in sports. This is the ultimate failure. Not Falcons bad. But it's close. Team will get roasted by the media and fans all day today. Rightfully so. TB, Colorado, and possibly Rangers are out of the way. They had this lined up. One cup is nice. But this organization should have at least two more over the past 15 years.

Sometimes when you have too much talent you have no identity.

Then add everyone kissing your arse as the dream team that cant fail and is destined to win it all. Like the 2001 Rams who were 14 point favorites to beat the rag tag Pats in the Super Bowl.

Have we finally found something to top 2007?

Boston was a one-man team all season. Besides Pastarnak, no one had more than 30 goals. Everyone kept saying how "stacked" the Bruins were but the stats say otherwise...

Last edited:
Have we finally found something to top 2007?
No. Maybe closer to 2010 but we’re not rivals with the Panthers like the Jete.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back