PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 13 (8-14-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there today on the bleachers w my wife and kids. I don't know how these guys practiced in that heat and humidity. I give em a pass for all the **** ups, and there were plenty...

It's 9 thousand degrees with 100% humidity out there...I couldn't catch my goddamned breath for krissakes. Cyrus Jones performed BEYOND my expectations last Thursday...let's wait until this Thursday before declaring he needs the dreaded "watching".
Yeah, I thought I wet my pants again but it was just sweat and metal benches.

It was good to see Gronk make "a" catch today. C'mon Gronk!

It's 9 thousand degrees with 100% humidity out there...I couldn't catch my goddamned breath for krissakes. Cyrus Jones performed BEYOND my expectations last Thursday...let's wait until this Thursday before declaring he needs the dreaded "watching".

As long as he does well at CB that is all he needs to do to be worth the pick. The STs would be a nice bonus but if he can't do it we have contingencies. I do like how he looked in coverage last preseason game so i am pretty happy with having him.

He has not played well at all yet, but it is also his first football action since last preseason. I think he showed enough to intrigue the coaches (like us), but I'd say he better start turning in some better practices and preseason performances very soon. Jones seems to be widening the gap with every practice from what I've gleaned. They're likely fighting for just one more spot at CB.

As much as we like Roberts it is not like we can't make due without. Butler, Coleman. Ryan, Jones, Jones are locks almost certainly. That is 5 right there. LaBlanc is good enough to be the emergency CB it seems. If Roberts comes on that would be great but we have more than enough depth where if that doesn't happen we have little to worry about.

As much as we like Roberts it is not like we can't make due without. Butler, Coleman. Ryan, Jones, Jones are locks almost certainly. That is 5 right there. LaBlanc is good enough to be the emergency CB it seems. If Roberts comes on that would be great but we have more than enough depth where if that doesn't happen we have little to worry about.
I hear you, Digital. Nonetheless, his measurables physically are hard to ignore and would be a huge asset to the D if he ever does get his act together and shows what we briefly saw last TC and preseason.

I do really like Jones and BB has apparently been impressed too. He's starting to remind me a lot of Butler in the way that he fights through the whistle. He never lets up until the play is absolutely over.

Last edited:
OT: Any chance BB can sign Usain Bolt as the deep threat?:p

Is it just me that he has a little bit of similarity to Rand?

Yeah, I thought I wet my pants again but it was just sweat and metal benches.

It was good to see Gronk make "a" catch today. C'mon Gronk!
Keep 'em coming. :)

How about some Fiji rugby players?
I bet TB wouldn't mind to have some of that protection.
View attachment 13782
and immediate upgrade at power RB
View attachment 13781

Ma'a Nonu of the All Blacks would rock as a RB too...dude's a freaking mack truck.

1437874615678.jpg

I do t know how "the other Jones" could possibly be considered a lock. Practice squad maybe but for the 53 he is on the bubble at best.

I do t know how "the other Jones" could possibly be considered a lock. Practice squad maybe but for the 53 he is on the bubble at best.

Yes, most likely a competition for that last (5th) CB spot between J.Jones, Roberts, and LeBlanc. After only one preseason game, it's very difficult if not impossible to make a determination as to whose spot it is. The competition is good, particularly for the last CB spot, so that's all I'm really concerned with.

One would have to think that at least 1, if not 2 CBs could make the PS, depending upon some behind the scenes coaches evaluations and hints for future plans regarding Ryan. There's always the outside chance that Belichick carries a 6th CB, but that's hard for me to envision, particularly with the current situation at safety. It seems as though we seem to be in decent shape regarding both the current and future secondary.

I hear you, Digital. Nonetheless, his measurables physically are hard to ignore and would be a huge asset to the D if he ever does get his act together and shows what we briefly saw last TC and preseason.

Does anyone know just how briefly it was? I can't remember. Was it one/two preseason games? I can't imagine him making it any further than that, but I could be wrong. That's a lot of hype over the past year with very little to go on, along with improved competition at the position of CB.

I'm thinking that we're seeing another case of an overhyped player on the forum. Rarely has a player been redshirted and then come back for a productive season. I can't even remember the last player to be honest, at least on this team. I want to think maybe one of the early round TE picks (Watson or Graham), but even then I believe they played in a couple of games during their rookie season.

So, is Amendola off PUP now?

I don't believe so, Elijah. I think in terms of the WRs, the big news was that Edelman returned to a full participant, Washington has finally started practicing and contributing, and Hogan had returned on some level, although I don't know if that was just on the side/individual drills. I don't remember hearing anything regarding Danny Amendola, but I could be wrong.

watching sportscenter for whatever reason, they were showing pats practice footage.
that idiot john anderson kept taking little deflategate shots at tb12. ****ing *******

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News