PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 11 (8/9/2016) [Joint practice edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So thoughts on today.

#1 Injury news but probably nothing serious. There is not much that can be done about it. Just got to keep our fingers crossed but overall made it through today okay.

#2 Saints won this practice. No other way to put it. They had the better day.

#3 Some good things today. Mitchell looked good. Cyrus Jones looked good. The DBs competed well and the main thing that hurt was Butler getting beat by Cooks but i am assuming line jamming was not allowed (at least the way he does it). Overall encouraged by DB play. Flowers had a good day vs other NFL caliber OTs. The D got some pressure on a pretty good OL.

#4 Some bad things. The O was just not good. Most skill players had a case of the drops today. out back up OTs were bad. No idea how the interior played. Hard to get reports on them when the OTs let up pressure too fast.

Overall a fairly productive day from a teaching standpoint and hoping Edelman and Nink can play in preseason game 2. I think they rest them for game 1 at this point.

Love hearing that Shea has been applying pressure consistently. May have to re-watch his tape at DE.

Watching his tape of DE at Chicago won't help you much, imho..

92907755.jpg
Shut him down until the regular season.

So thoughts on today.

#1 Injury news but probably nothing serious. There is not much that can be done about it. Just got to keep our fingers crossed but overall made it through today okay.

#2 Saints won this practice. No other way to put it. They had the better day.

#3 Some good things today. Mitchell looked good. Cyrus Jones looked good. The DBs competed well and the main thing that hurt was Butler getting beat by Cooks but i am assuming line jamming was not allowed (at least the way he does it). Overall encouraged by DB play. Flowers had a good day vs other NFL caliber OTs. The D got some pressure on a pretty good OL.

#4 Some bad things. The O was just not good. Most skill players had a case of the drops today. out back up OTs were bad. No idea how the interior played. Hard to get reports on them when the OTs let up pressure too fast.

Overall a fairly productive day from a teaching standpoint and hoping Edelman and Nink can play in preseason game 2. I think they rest them for game 1 at this point.

What?? we already know what they can do I am hoping they skip all Four!

This Day.

Jules hurt. Ninko hurt. USA Rugby loses.

:(

Aaron Dobson hitting Fourth year wall??? If that's the case sorry Aaron we never knew you...If the last few practices are any indication Aaron won't make the cut.
Bu bu but wait, he has so much potential. :rolleyes:

hope ninko didnt tear his triceps

that would be bad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back