PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 11 (8/9/2016) [Joint practice edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you're thinking of his rookie year? I remember having a similar fantasy experience with him then.
No last year. He didnt produce much trough first 7 games so i traded him. ok eagles games was exception but their DBs were trash so i played him that game. After that i didnt watch him because saints werent that good. I read only about their secondary players, especially DBs. I dont know why that unit didnt produce much.

Any idea how bad?
IF, if, IF and i say if its a ruptured tricep tendon he'll be done for the season. ruptured bicep and tricep tendons seem to be more common in recent years.

Aaron Dobson hitting Fourth year wall??? If that's the case sorry Aaron we never knew you...If the last few practices are any indication Aaron won't make the cut.
as usual? good in early camp, then as games get closer the collar gets tighter?

I have a replacement if he wants to borrow it

tricep.jpg

Thank god they drafted Malcolm Brown last year......oh wait.
Come on, you know they needed a receiver more...It's straight from the Matt Millen draft handbook of " draft WRs til they fire you"......

Alright, so I was at practice today and figured I'd share a few thoughts (my apologies if they've already been mentioned as I haven't gone through all 13 pages of this thread)............

In general today was a very sluggish practice for the Pats.

Brady threw an ugly INT on a screen.

Garrapolo threw a bad pic during the 2 minute drill.

Way way too many dropped passes (Gronk included).

Edelman re-injured foot (but everyone knows this by now).

Even though it was practice Brady was 'sacked' on multiple plays and was also called for intentional grounding during a 1 minute drill. Sacked = coaches called the play dead after QB holding onto the ball too long

Malcolm Butler had one really nice play defending Cooks in the endzone but altogether I'd say Cooks won the war today (including a TD).

Saints looked sharper than the Pats today. Admittedly I couldn't watch both fields at the same time but to be honest I don't recall one Pats reception that was truly impressive. They were mostly of the 'wide open variety' or 'short dump off' variety.

Practice got chippy at a few points. One during special teams drills in which the punt coverage and gunner got into a scuffle. Another chippy point was when a Saints receiver stiff armed Chung in the facemaks during one on one drills.

There just didn't seem to be any ryhthym to the Pats offense today.

as usual? good in early camp, then as games get closer the collar gets tighter?
I don't even know why we're still posting anything about him (Dobson). The posts need to fade as the season approaches just like his play usually does. Every few years it seems we have a player who obviously sucks but has a small contingent on the board that just won't accept it...usually because of draft status (like Maroney) or physical make up (like Dobson). Sad to say that his best hope of sticking probably would have been Edelman being significantly hurt today, but preliminary reports are that he's okay mostly. The guy sucks when it matters or when he's not playing against his own team, plain and simple. Give me Carter or Martin on the final roster.

Last edited:
Alright, so I was at practice today and figured I'd share a few thoughts (my apologies if they've already been mentioned as I haven't gone through all 13 pages of this thread)............

In general today was a very sluggish practice for the Pats.

Brady threw an ugly INT on a screen.

Garrapolo threw a bad pic during the 2 minute drill.

Way way too many dropped passes (Gronk included).

Edelman re-injured foot (but everyone knows this by now).

Even though it was practice Brady was 'sacked' on multiple plays and was also called for intentional grounding during a 1 minute drill. Sacked = coaches called the play dead after QB holding onto the ball too long

Malcolm Butler had one really nice play defending Cooks in the endzone but altogether I'd say Cooks won the war today (including a TD).

Saints looked sharper than the Pats today. Admittedly I couldn't watch both fields at the same time but to be honest I don't recall one Pats reception that was truly impressive. They were mostly of the 'wide open variety' or 'short dump off' variety.

Practice got chippy at a few points. One during special teams drills in which the punt coverage and gunner got into a scuffle. Another chippy point was when a Saints receiver stiff armed Chung in the facemaks during one on one drills.

There just didn't seem to be any ryhthym to the Pats offense today.
Thank you very much.

I do have one question...did you happen to see the play when Ninko hit hurt?

Chatham also thinks Valentine is a "virtual lock".

Saints were without 2 starting CBs, Breaux and Lewis, and DE Cam Jordan who has a baby.
Alan Branch back, only good news today.

Thank you very much.

I do have one question...did you happen to see the play when Ninko hit hurt?

Sorry, I did not see this (nor the Edelman injury). In fact, with Edelman I had no idea at the time that something unusual happened.....I figured they were holding him out of the final drills by design.

Also, I should clarify that even though I said Cooks won the war today with Butler that was not to put down Butler play. He was just as scrappy as he usually is, I just thought Cooks played really well.

Sorry, I did not see this (nor the Edelman injury). In fact, with Edelman I had no idea at the time that something unusual happened.....I figured they were holding him out of the final drills by design.

Also, I should clarify that even though I said Cooks won the war today with Butler that was not to put down Butler play. He was just as scrappy as he usually is, I just thought Cooks played really well.
Thank you again.

Cooks got the better if Butler last TC too, so I'm not worried and I don't think any of us should be.

I can't believe I'll be watching football on Thursday night! I'm stoked!

last year it was the saints that got embarrassed by the pats in the joint practices. they remembered and seem to be stepping it up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes