PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 10 (8-8-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll settle for that!

Settle? Sanders is their best WR, as far as I'm concerned. I wish now we'd have gotten him instead of LaFell (though I was singing a different tutime in 2014). Tough, makes catches over the middle and can stretch the D. Not afraid of contact and will make the contested catch. Despite the nonsense he spewed about the Pats undeserving of being champs a few years ago, I absolutely love watching dude play.

Last edited:
Mitchell reminds me a lot of Pierre Garçon. I'd take another Sanders though.

I am of 2 minds reading reports that Stork is out there. Before I opine further, my cautious side tells me to wait for further information

A thought that comes to mind is that Stork sees his dream slipping away, and he is going to play whether it is in his long term best interests to do so.

A thought that comes to mind is that Stork sees his dream slipping away, and he is going to play whether it is in his long term best interests to do so.
My thought is this type of thing will become more and more normal as players actually take time off following concussions instead of just playing through them.
I think it's a little knee jerk to assume that 4 or 5 concussions means retire when players used to play right through them and in some cases would have double digit number of concussions.
Not saying retiring is crazy as health is important but to assume it is a knee jerk reaction to the problem. Just don't play with a concussion should be the obvious first step. Then depending on severity and frequency retirement should be considered.
We know Stork has add at least 5 and at least one was pretty severe but we don't know how severe they all were and most relevant it would seem the current one was not too severe.
Or maybe it's like you say and he's gonna play anyway. And maybe I'm crazy but I think as long as the NFL stops covering up the problem and players actually sit when they have them that should be enough to lessen the post career problems.

.This is why I love Matt Chatham. He doesn't just tell you that Edelman looks quick or effective. He tells you WHY he's been so effective. We get that kind f of football information from NOWHERE else.

Matt Chatham is a very underused and underrated media source. He blows away so many former football guys who are getting far more air time than he is, and it's a shame

OT: Spikes back in Buffalo.

My heart breaks that the Bills will be without their top picks due to injury.

We Pats fans know all too well what it is like to not have a top draft pick playing for their favorite team.

On a not-so-side note, wonder where the Bills team/fans stood on the Pats' Defamegate penalties?

My thought is this type of thing will become more and more normal as players actually take time off following concussions instead of just playing through them.
I think it's a little knee jerk to assume that 4 or 5 concussions means retire when players used to play right through them and in some cases would have double digit number of concussions.
Not saying retiring is crazy as health is important but to assume it is a knee jerk reaction to the problem. Just don't play with a concussion should be the obvious first step. Then depending on severity and frequency retirement should be considered.
We know Stork has add at least 5 and at least one was pretty severe but we don't know how severe they all were and most relevant it would seem the current one was not too severe.
Or maybe it's like you say and he's gonna play anyway. And maybe I'm crazy but I think as long as the NFL stops covering up the problem and players actually sit when they have them that should be enough to lessen the post career problems.
You're forgetting that players who played through them back in the Day didn't necessarily have the same information they have now simply because medicine has advanced. So I disagree that it's knee-jerk. We know far more as fans too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes