PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Veteran Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I know. Its difficult for you to understand why anyone would want Danny Amendola, except for the many times its been explained to you.
And every time it makes no sense. Are you suggesting Amendola is better than Johnson? Cause I will fall out of chair laughing.

And every time it makes no sense. Are you suggesting Amendola is better than Johnson? Cause I will fall out of chair laughing.
Did I say that? Did he even come close to saying that?

Did I say that? Did he even come close to saying that?
I mean for $2M a season as a depth WR and a KR sure I'd love to have him but over Johnson? Get the **** out of here. That's downright craziness.

I never said you did I am asking who would you rather have?

Plan B? Johnson had more catches, yards, and touchdowns in a down season with an assortment of QBs throwing the ball than Amendola has had in 2 seasons here. I'm confused? Why would anyone want Amendola as their plan A and Johnson as their plan B? That's like saying I'm buying a car plan A is a Kia and plan B is a BMW.

Yeah, Plan B, because I simply don't see them adding a FA receiver, especially a relatively expensive one, if Amendola agrees to restructure.

If he won't they may well release him, but only then could I see them in the market for a FA receiver. I don't think Johnson is coming in here to supplant Edelman or LaFell at this point. Too risky - we know those guys are on the same page as Brady.

Hey, I love AJ and wish we could bring him in. I don't see the money without taking from somewhere else. Do you? If they can't get Amendola on their terms, they might think it worth the risk.

I'm not comparing Amendola to Johnson.

I mean for $2M a season as a depth WR and a KR sure I'd love to have him but over Johnson? Get the **** out of here. That's downright craziness.

I never said you did I am asking who would you rather have?

For the same money Johnson even slightly more but I cant see that happening since in my mind DA restructures or he is gone. I dont look at DA at 4.5 mil or whatever cause that aint happening either.

It it would have to be value because Amendola's special team play is worth something also.

Unless Johnson agrees to a very small contract, I'd rather have a restructured/salary reduced DA as #4 offensive weapon fighting for those <50 targets.

Doubt that Gronk, Edelman and LaFell would lose so many targets to make it worth it.

Again, it is all about how far down Johnson will go with his salary demands. Will he sign a 2 year 6m deal ? I doubt it.

Yeah, Plan B, because I simply don't see them adding a FA receiver, especially a relatively expensive one, if Amendola agrees to restructure.

If he won't they may well release him, but only then could I see them in the market for a FA receiver. I don't think Johnson is coming in here to supplant Edelman or LaFell at this point. Too risky - we know those guys are on the same page as Brady.

Hey, I love AJ and wish we could bring him in. I don't see the money without taking from somewhere else. Do you? If they can't get Amendola on their terms, they might think it worth the risk.

I'm not comparing Amendola to Johnson.
I'm fine with Amendola remaining if restructured, I just don't know if he would be willing to accept a lesser salary. I mean what is the incentive for him, he stays here as a role player at less money, doesn't seem that enticing in my opinion unless his and Edelman's bromance is to special and he follows his heart...

Unless Johnson agrees to a very small contract, I'd rather have a restructured/salary reduced DA as #4 offensive weapon fighting for those <50 targets.

Doubt that Gronk, Edelman and LaFell would lose so many targets to make it worth it.

Again, it is all about how far down Johnson will go with his salary demands. Will he sign a 2 year 6m deal ? I doubt it.
If we are looking for depth primarily I'd rather just draft a WR and save the money. I'm confident we could find a WR who can catch 27 balls for 200 yards in the draft and not spend $4.5M in new money.

That Jake Bequtte post put alil smile on my face and even made me giggle just a little bit lol. I think BB is gunna take a WR earlier than most think! He's been looking @ them last couple of days pretty closely.. I think it's gunna be WR/OT/DT. He's been looking @ players in the listed positions @ their pro-day's. Be awesome if he went BPA @ 32 and picked up Jaelen Strong!! Dude had a really good combine, has the Pats mold/traits, good all around receiver. I'm hoping BB suprises us and goes a totally different way than everyone is expecting! I can hope right?.. haha

If we are looking for depth primarily I'd rather just draft a WR and save the money. I'm confident we could find a WR who can catch 27 balls for 200 yards in the draft and not spend $4.5M in new money.
Of course its so easy Boyce, Tyms and Dobson did it last year...right?

Of course this player would be the ST player Amendola is right?

Also not a cut, but....

MJD is retiring:

B_XWFDnUIAAxIas.jpg

I'm fine with Amendola remaining if restructured, I just don't know if he would be willing to accept a lesser salary. I mean what is the incentive for him, he stays here as a role player at less money, doesn't seem that enticing in my opinion unless his and Edelman's bromance is to special and he follows his heart...

Stay here with best friends and a winner for less money

Be a feature player at Jacksonville etc, more money, never win, get hurt.

Of course its so easy Boyce, Tyms and Dobson did it last year...right?

Of course this player would be the ST player Amendola is right?
Tim Wright did it playing less than 10% of the offensive snaps.

Tim Wright did it playing less than 10% of the offensive snaps.
Like I said, you must be the biggest Wes Welker fan on the planet.

Rumor:

@AaronLemingNFL: Separate sources have confirmed that WR Brandon Marshall will be traded to the #Jets for a "late round" pick on Tuesday. #Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST