PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Mock Drafts

The Jets don't have a 5th or a 6th. I think the league will take their 7th rounder from them. And, let us swap 4th round picks with them. I can see cb, Hardison and a move up for Marpet. 96 and 102 gets you pretty high into the 3rd. If we trade for Mathis and move up for Marpet, I don't think we'll take another OL in 4th.

I'm not counting on anything until it's awarded, but that would seem low to me given past action if the league does anything at all. KC got a 7th from Detroit and a swap of 5ths in 2011 for Gunter Cunningham's tampering comments, without Detroit actually getting a player as a result. San Francisco last a 5th and swapped 3rds with Chicago in 2009 for tampering with Lance Briggs, even though he still re-signed with Chicago. In this case, one of the 2 biggest non-franchised players in FA (after Suh) was signed by a team whose owner publicly talked about making a big run at him.

I doubt the league will do anything, but the SF scenario seems mild in comparison. The Jets have no 5th, but a swap of 3rds plus their 4th for our 6th from Tennessee would give us something like:

97-100 (projected comp pick)
Around 102 (from TB)
Around 107 (from the Jets)
Around 130 (our own 4th)

With that, the Pats could potentially take:

- A CB at 32 or with a slight trade back, or Todd Gurley if he's available. Marcus Peters, Byron Jones, Kevin Johnson, Quentin Rollins and PJ Williams would all be CB options.
- A CB or RB at 64, or with a trade up into the mid-2nd round. If we traded back from 32, then we could use what we got to trade up from 64. If we got Gurley in the 1st, we might get one of the above CBs. If we went CB (especially with a trade back) we might be able to get one of Tevin Coleman, Ameer Abdullah, or David Johnson.
- Marcus Hardison or Ali Marpet at around 70.
- Marpet or Hardison with a trade up using the early 4th from TB and the Jets. That would get us to around #80.
- The best available OL or CB with our 3rd round comp pick. We might get lucky and get someone like Eric Rowe, Cedric Ogbuehi or Donovan Smith.
- The best available CB or OL with our own 4th round pick. Again, we might get lucky and get one of the above players.

That would give us a double-dip at OL, double-dip at CB, a stud RB, and Hardison (7 picks through round 4). We'd be a pretty good team with that kind of haul. Add DeAndre Smelter and give him a red shirt year, and I'd be thrilled.

If any 2 teams other than the Pats and Jets were involved, I would be pretty confident predicting that some compensation along these lines - or more - would be awarded. Given past awards, the egregious open comments by Woody, and the league's rumblings, it would be a slam dunk. But given that it's the Pats and Jets, I'm not counting on anything.

Which draft do you guys like better? There could be slight trades up for a pick or two. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

Draft A
Eddie Goldman - DT - Florida St
Eli Marpet - G - Hobart
Josh Shaw - CB - USC

Draft B
Cam Erving - G - FSU
Marcus Hardison - DT - Arizona St
Josh Shaw - CB - USC

Draft C
Marcus Peters - CB - Washington
Marcus Hardison - DT - Arizona St
Donovan Smith - OL - PSU

I want Hardison and Marpet, so I'm torn between all your options. I would go for:

Draft D
Marcus Hardison - DT/DE - Arizona St.
Ali Marpet - OG - Hobart

I want Hardison and Marpet, so I'm torn between all your options. I would go for:

Draft D
Marcus Hardison - DT/DE - Arizona St.
Ali Marpet - OG - Hobart

Terron Armstead went 76th with an incredible combine performance. Hard to see Marpet going much higher. I think 96 and 102 gets you to 75-80. A spot where you could get Marpet.

Terron Armstead went 76th with an incredible combine performance. Hard to see Marpet going much higher. I think 96 and 102 gets you to 75-80. A spot where you could get Marpet.

I agree. Which gets me back to my comp pick scenario. Get the equivalent of #70 from the Jets and you can get:

- Todd Gurley at 32 or a CB with a slight trade back, picking up an extra 4th
- A CB or RB trading up from 64
- Marcus Hardison at 70
- Ali Marpet trading up using 96 + 102

That would leave us with an additional 3rd round comp pick and probably our 4th (unless we got Gurley at 32) to double-dip at CB and OL.

I was 100% that Browner&Revis will stay, but now i think that this is not bad idea.
Next year i think that pats ll have to extend Hightower, Collins, Solder, .... so money will be needed regardless salary cap increases.
Only thing that i dont like is that pats didnt extend Mcourty last year. Much cheaper.
As for secondary pats have some options with Harmon at FS & Mcourty to CB in more zone play. Butler is star in the making i just hope that he learned a lot from Revis and that he is film junkie.
The only problem is that pats secondary is tall like Edelman and Amendola. They need one bigger body to manage 6,4 230 WR.
Maybe Byron Jones, Nick Marshall, Eric Rowe or Jalen Collins will be an option for them

But the first need is two very good guards converted from tackle. With Brady able to pick up blitzes apart, good O-line with confident run is part to success against heavy D-line in AFC East.
I hope that Pats are gona make good O-line behind even BB would make 3 jards with a walk.

As for Dline, they need one good DT and dont know how will things with Big V end, but Terry Williams is an option and after manxx and mayo posted about marcus hardison, he is already fix as our draft pick.

I was 100% that Browner&Revis will stay, but now i think that this is not bad idea.
Next year i think that pats ll have to extend Hightower, Collins, Solder, .... so money will be needed regardless salary cap increases.
Only thing that i dont like is that pats didnt extend Mcourty last year. Much cheaper.
As for secondary pats have some options with Harmon at FS & Mcourty to CB in more zone play. Butler is star in the making i just hope that he learned a lot from Revis and that he is film junkie.
The only problem is that pats secondary is tall like Edelman and Amendola. They need one bigger body to manage 6,4 230 WR.
Maybe Byron Jones, Nick Marshall, Eric Rowe or Jalen Collins will be an option for them

But the first need is two very good guards converted from tackle. With Brady able to pick up blitzes apart, good O-line with confident run is part to success against heavy D-line in AFC East.
I hope that Pats are gona make good O-line behind even BB would make 3 jards with a walk.

As for Dline, they need one good DT and dont know how will things with Big V end, but Terry Williams is an option and after manxx and mayo posted about marcus hardison, he is already fix as our draft pick.

Terry Williams is a very good option. It's easy to forget about him because he gets so little attention but he might be the best pure NT available (aside from Shelton).

I'm predicting that the Jets are found guilty of tampering and the Patriots swap 2nd round picks with them as compensation. (#64 for #37).

- Trade pick #32 to the 49ers for picks #46 and #79.
- Trade picks #37 and #79 to the Rams for picks #41 and #72.
- Trade picks #96 and #132 to the Bengals for pick #85.

#41 - Jordan Phillips, DL
#46 - Byron Jones, CB
#72 - Ali Marpet, OL
#85 - Marcus Hardison, DL
#97 - Jay Ajayi, RB
#102 - Eric Rowe, CB
#178 - DeAndre Smelter, WR
#217 - Zach Zenner, FB

Terry Williams is a very good option. It's easy to forget about him because he gets so little attention but he might be the best pure NT available (aside from Shelton).
Has he had a pro day yet?

I'm predicting that the Jets are found guilty of tampering and the Patriots swap 2nd round picks with them as compensation. (#64 for #37).

#46 - Byron Jones, CB
#72 - Ali Marpet, OL
#97 - Jay Ajayi, RB
#102 - Eric Rowe, CB
#217 - Zach Zenner, FB

I would be very happy with that draft. I doubt Ajayi will last anywhere near 97, though. I'd consider Tevin Coleman or Jake Fisher at 41 if they were on the board, and double up at OL at 97.

I would be very happy with that draft. I doubt Ajayi will last anywhere near 97, though. I'd consider Tevin Coleman or Jake Fisher at 41 if they were on the board, and double up at OL at 97.

Don't think so.

Mock Draft

32 **Trade**

trade 32 to Minnesota for 45, 110, 136

I know it is just projection but after the big robbery of 2013 it would be fun to take Vikings behind the barn yet again.

I doubt the league will do anything, but the SF scenario seems mild in comparison. The Jets have no 5th, but a swap of 3rds plus their 4th for our 6th from Tennessee would give us something like.

If the Jets are found guilty of tampering - and that is a big if - the punishment can't be anything below a 3rd round pick. This is the value of the projected compensatory pick which should somehow establish the minimum value of the player.

Again, unless the Jets are complete and utter idiots and used their own phones and email addresses (instead of burners and some throwaway email acc) to conduct early negotiations I am very doubtful anything of substance will come out of it. If there is tangible evidence that they were in contact before the deadline anything starting at a 3rd should be in play.

It is a two way street. Who is to say that DMac and his agent were asking for less or even wanted to extend the contract earlier. I am sure they were looking ahead and knew that it would be an awful FA market at safety. Generally, I'd be surprised if BB & Co. would miss out opportunities to get valuable players cheaper.

#46 - Byron Jones, CB
#72 - Ali Marpet, OL
#97 - Jay Ajayi, RB
#102 - Eric Rowe, CB
#217 - Zach Zenner, FB

Agree with Mayo that Ajayi will most probably be gone. Would also go for Max Valles at the end instead of Zenner.

But I like seeing Jones, Marpet, Hardison and of course board binky extraordinaire Smelter.

Agree with Mayo that Ajayi will most probably be gone. Would also go for Max Valles at the end instead of Zenner.

But I like seeing Jones, Marpet, Hardison and of course board binky extraordinaire Smelter.

Tweaking Brady6's mock, I'd be thrilled with something like the following:

#41 - Tevin Coleman, RB or Jake Fisher, OL
#46 - Byron Jones, CB (I'd also consider Kevin Johnson and PJ Williams depending on who is available)
#72 - Ali Marpet, OL or Marcus Hardison, DL (which seems to be more likely to go first)
#85 - Marcus Hardison, DL, or Ali Marpet, OL
#97 - Donovan Smith, OL or TJ Yeldon/David Cobb, RB (would really like Ajayi or David Johnson, but doubt they'd be available)
#102 - Eric Rowe, CB
#217 - Max Valles, EDGE

That would include double-dips at CB and OL plus Hardison, a RB, Smelter, and Valles for EDGE depth/competition. Pretty much everything that I currently want out of the draft, other than missing out on Todd Gurley. Add one more big DT in FA (Ahtyba Rubin, Kenrick Ellis, or maybe even BJ Raji) and all the holes would be plugged.

Here's a new Walter 5 rounder that would allow us to have a draft that might please; Manx, Mayo and Patchick. GTFO!

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2015.php

1. Eddie Goldman - DT - FSU - Clemmings, Erving, Darby, Peters and Diggy still on the board.

2. Cedric Ogbuehi - OL - Texas A&M

3. Quenten Rollins - CB - Miami O

3. Supplemental. They didn't pick one for us. But, we could choose from; Marpet, Hardison or Douglas. Let's say Hardison.

4. T. Lockett - WR - K-St - McBride and Mike Davis still on board.

4. D. Cobb - RB - Minnesota - Marpet and Hardison on board.

We could get these guys.

1. Goldman - DT
2. Ogbuehi - OL
3. Rollins - CB
3. Hardison - DL
4. Lockett - WR
4. Marpet - OL

Last edited:
Here's a new Walter 5 rounder that would allow us to have a draft that might please; Manx, Mayo and Patchick. GTFO!

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2015.php

1. Eddie Goldman - DT - FSU - Clemmings, Erving, Darby, Peters and Diggy still on the board.

2. Cedric Ogbuehi - OL - Texas A&M

3. Quenten Rollins - CB - Miami O

3. Supplemental. They didn't pick one for us. But, we could choose from; Marpet, Hardison or Douglas. Let's say Hardison.

4. T. Lockett - WR - K-St - McBride and Mike Davis still on board.

4. D. Cobb - RB - Minnesota - Marpet and Hardison on board.

We could get these guys.

1. Goldman - DT
2. Ogbuehi - OL
3. Rollins - CB
3. Hardison - DL
4. Lockett - WR
4. Marpet - OL

It's a great draft (though the link you posted directs to a different one; the one you references is by Charlie Campbell), I just don't see it being very realistic. Quentin Rollins in the 3rd seems pretty improbable to me.

A couple of thoughts:

1. A ridiculous number of 1st round-worthy guys are on the board at 32 or later. Besides Eddie Goldman (who I definitely consider worth the #32 pick) there's TJ Clemmings and Cam Erving on OL, Owamagbe Odighizuwa at EDGE, and Marcus Peters at CB. Tough call, but I'd probably go with Peters, perhaps with a trade back if I thought I could still get him.

2. Ogbuehi is definitely worth considering, but there are a lot of other guys who would interest me. Tevin Coleman goes off the board at #60, David Johnson at 70, and Byron Jones at 83.

I'd be thrilled with the following:

- Trade back from 32 and get Marcus Peters
- Trade up from 64 and get Tevin Coleman, or take David Johnson
- Trade up from 96 and get Byron Jones
- Take Hardison/Marpet with our comp
- Take Marpet/Hardison with TB's 4th

With a trade back from 32 and their own 4th to use, the Pats would have the ammo for the trade ups. Marcus Peters and Byron Jones would be like getting Gronk and Ahern (though hopefully in terms of on-field play and talent only).

Swap #64 for #37
Trade #37 to the Chiefs for #49 and #80
Trade #80 and #132 to the Jaguars for #67
Trade #96 and #102 to the Rams for #72

#32 - Todd Gurley, RB
#49 - Byron Jones, CB
#67 - Marcus Hardison, DL
#72 - Ali Marpet, OL
#97 - Eric Rowe, CB
#215 - Max Valles, LB
#217 - Terry William

Swap #64 for #37

#32 - Todd Gurley, RB
#49 - Byron Jones, CB
#72 - Ali Marpet, OL
#97 - Eric Rowe, CB
#215 - Max Valles, LB
#217 - Terry William

Why are we swapping 64 for 37?

Swap #64 for #37

#32 - Todd Gurley, RB
#49 - Byron Jones, CB
#72 - Ali Marpet, OL
#97 - Eric Rowe, CB
#215 - Max Valles, LB
#217 - Terry William

Dream draft.

Pipe dream of Revis tampering compensation.

Don't let this become the "trade Mallett for a first" that we saw last year. It just seems silly to mock picks that don't exist. Sorry, but I can't take a mock with a made up pick that seriously.

Don't let this become the "trade Mallett for a first" that we saw last year. It just seems silly to mock picks that don't exist. Sorry, but I can't take a mock with a made up pick that seriously.

I personally think it's a useful tool, as long as one makes it clear what the assumption is, and provides alternatives. I did one like that the other day. In the case of B6's mock, an alternative scenario would be that the trade didn't occur, the Pats didn't take Gurley at 32 but traded back and took Byron Jones at 49, and then took David Johnson at 64. Then it would look like:

#49 - Byron Jones, CB
#64 - David Johnson, RB
#72 - Ali Marpet, OL
#97 - Eric Rowe, CB
#215 - Max Valles, LB
#217 - Terry Williams, DT

Still a darn fine draft.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back