PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Early Entries Thread

Question?

Is this the worst TE class ever?

Not at all. I would say its the deepest for awhile.

I like it better than last year's class. Maxx Williams, Heuermann and Jesse James are all guys I like.

As far as TEs go, Jean Sifrin is a really intriguing day three prospect. His age works against him (27) and he's not a great blocker so probably conflicts with Tim Wright on a potential Patriots roster but he's 6'7, makes some tremendous catches and is supposedly a 4.6 forty guy.

FSU could have 11 kids drafted if Goldman and Darby declare. Those two plus; Jameis, R. Greene, O'Leary, Erving, Jackson, Matias, K. Williams, M. Edwards, PJ Williams.

Hook him BB! I think one of Shelton, Goldman or Brown falls to trade-up range. That would be my preference.

I'm not as high on Shelton, though it's early. Goldman (with a trade up), Brown or Jordan Phillips are my short list.

I'm not as high on Shelton, though it's early. Goldman (with a trade up), Brown or Jordan Phillips are my short list.

I always brace myself for a trade back on draft night. Miguel has us 5m over the cap before restructures. Just judging by past history. I see the hand-writing on the wall for VW.

If not, I know you've posted about having two top 50 picks. But, you thought Erving won't make it there. I'm not sure about that. I think 6 OL go in the first as of now from what I've read; Peat, Scherff, Flowers, Ogbuehi, L. Collins and Clemmings. Still have guys like; Cann, Sambrailo, Kouandijo, Erving and Fisher. If Stanley declares, that prob knocks Collins or Clemmings into the 2nd. Trade back for Erving and then move up for that edge rusher in the 2nd for our 2nd and 3rd. We'd prob snag a much earlier 3rd in moving out of the first and might get a decent db there.

Last edited:
I always brace myself for a trade back on draft night. Miguel has us 5m over the cap before restructures. Just judging by past history. I see the hand-writing on the wall for VW.

If not, I know you've posted about having two top 50 picks. But, you thought Erving won't make it there. I'm not sure about that. I think 6 OL go in the first as of now from what I've read; Peat, Scherff, Flowers, Ogbuehi, L. Collins and Clemmings. Still have guys like; Cann, Sambrailo, Kouandijo, Erving and Fisher. If Stanley declares, that prob knocks Collins or Clemmings into the 2nd. Trade back for Erving and then move up for that edge rusher in the 2nd for our 2nd and 3rd. We'd prob snag a much earlier 3rd in moving out of the first and might get a decent db there.

For me, I take Clemmings or Collins with our first rounder but if not, I probably trade back for Erving and with the pick I get for trading back, I move up into the second. For now, that would probably be for Maxx Williams but if we don't resign Branch of Wilfork is let go, then also Brown.

However if we do get a high third in the trade back as well as s second, then I'd hope to keep the high third and use our own third to trade up and hopefully end up with something like Erving-Maxx Williams (or Brown)-Odighizuwa/Crawford. That would be close to perfect for me.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back