PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Mock Drafts

My nightmare scenario, but to each his own.

Assuming Bill could work out a deal that no other GM could. Of course something like the Redskins' trade-up for RG3, or the Falcons' trade-up for Julio Jones, would not be smart.

Assuming Bill could work out a deal that no other GM could. Of course something like the Redskins' trade-up for RG3, or the Falcons' trade-up for Julio Jones, would not be smart.

Still a nightmare scenario for me, but to each his own. And I have no idea why BB would be able to work such a deal.

To quote Mosi's Man:

We've spent a lot of time over the last few weeks looking into the projected salary cap numbers for next year and many have argued that it would be tight going forward. If this is so (or even close to the truth) then we need to spend our money on the interior offensive and interior defensive line. Connolly should be replaced with someone better and Wendell should be replaced as well. Either could be a backup but not a starter at this juncture. Stork is a fine addition so far but the rebuilding must continue with upgrades at both guard positions. We still don't have the kind of offensive line that can consistently protect an old qb or open holes for our rbs against a stout front regardless of who is carrying the ball.

On defense our best tackle (and bedrock our our defense) is 33 and will likely be gone after this year or next. Historically he has played 90% of the snaps and will be a challenge to replace with 2 players never mind one. As of now, we have Branch (of questionable dependability), Saliga (whose resume includes at present a total of about five games of solid play), Chris Jones (a decent rotational player), and Easley (who I really hope can be a star, but is far from a sure thing as of yet). IMO, we need some guards and a tackle or two who are ready to play, not the "shiny hood ornament" of an outside wide receiver or a third down back. Both of those would be lovely additions but aren't essential to this teams' success. Again, let's build from the inside.

Still a nightmare scenario for me, but to each his own. And I have no idea why BB would be able to work such a deal.

To quote Mosi's Man:

Interesting quote and I tend to agree. My mantra in team building for a while has been this: You win on the edge but you lose inside. Basically to me it means to win Superbowls you need good to great DE play, CB play and QB play (put simply pass the ball well and stop the pass).

However though you need those things to win games it doesn't help if your interior pieces (G/C/DT/MLB) do not hold up against the other teams. (DTs are included here cause they are traditionally run stuffers and gap holders as opposed to pass rushers. all around DTs kinda blend the 2).

Typically speaking these spots do not create plays but they do eliminate bad plays and allow your skill plays to do their job. We have the pieces to win on the edge the Pats just need to be sure next year they don't let the plays get blown up or have blown plays up the middle.

So yeah right now I want our first 2 picks to be DT & G (though a DT that can do some pass rush as well or at least threaten it)

My Latest Mock:
1. Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (Monster DE that falls due to character issues, Chandler's new partner)
2. Arie Kounajio, OG, 'Bama (Immovable object at OG, replaces Connolly, adds youth, starter)
3. Kurtis Drummond, FS, Michigan State (Hard hitting ball hawk, leader, replaces Chung)
3 (Talib Comp). Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (undersized CB, adds depth to 24, BB, KA, AD, LR, and MB)
4 (TB). Ramik Wilson, ILB, UGA (another big LB presence, adds depth to Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Ayers)
4. Karlos Williams, RB, FSU (RB project, joins Blount, Gray, White, possibly Vereen, and maybe even Rid)
6. Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke (WR project, WR depth to 11 and LaFell, back up to Jules, replaces Danny)
6 (comp). Jordan Taylor, WR, Rice (Deep threat project, huge catch radius, freak athlete)
7. Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (Huge underrated monster at OT, backs up Solder and Vollmer with Fleming)

- Revis is extended
-D-Mac is extended
- Gos is extended
- Ayers is re-signed
-Vereen is re-signed
- Amendola is released
- Someone overpays for Patty Chung (who I've always been a huge fan of)

My Latest Mock:
1. Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor (Monster DE that falls due to character issues, Chandler's new partner)
2. Arie Kounajio, OG, 'Bama (Immovable object at OG, replaces Connolly, adds youth, starter)
3. Kurtis Drummond, FS, Michigan State (Hard hitting ball hawk, leader, replaces Chung)
3 (Talib Comp). Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (undersized CB, adds depth to 24, BB, KA, AD, LR, and MB)
4 (TB). Ramik Wilson, ILB, UGA (another big LB presence, adds depth to Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Ayers)
4. Karlos Williams, RB, FSU (RB project, joins Blount, Gray, White, possibly Vereen, and maybe even Rid)
6. Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke (WR project, WR depth to 11 and LaFell, back up to Jules, replaces Danny)
6 (comp). Jordan Taylor, WR, Rice (Deep threat project, huge catch radius, freak athlete)
7. Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (Huge underrated monster at OT, backs up Solder and Vollmer with Fleming)

- Revis is extended
-D-Mac is extended
- Gos is extended
- Ayers is re-signed
-Vereen is re-signed
- Amendola is released
- Someone overpays for Patty Chung (who I've always been a huge fan of)
2. Too high too stiff bad knees. Pats like mobile guards.

3 comp too tiny.
4. No vision and domestic violence problems. Too high.
Rest is good.

Hagerstown is kind of stiff too.

2. Too high too stiff bad knees. Pats like mobile guards.

3 comp too tiny.
4. No vision and domestic violence problems. Too high.
Rest is good.

Hagerstown is kind of stiff too.
To tell you the truth I can agree with you on Golson and Williams, but Kouandjio will be a star, he eats up huge SEC linemen

To tell you the truth I can agree with you on Golson and Williams, but Kouandjio will be a star, he eats up huge SEC linemen

I had Williams in my early mocks, but have taken him off due to a combination of inconsistency and off-field issues. Golson is an intriguing ball hawk, but I personally like bigger CBs who can play press man. We have enough smaller guys with ball skills.

I'm not sold on Kouandjio for the Pats. I'll be curious to see more of him.

I had Williams in my early mocks, but have taken him off due to a combination of inconsistency and off-field issues. Golson is an intriguing ball hawk, but I personally like bigger CBs who can play press man. We have enough smaller guys with ball skills.

I'm not sold on Kouandjio for the Pats. I'll be curious to see more of him.
Golson is a playmaker, something this draft has a lot of, but no shut down CBs

Re-sign all the defenders as well as Ghost and Develin. I'm less bothered about Vereen and Cannon.

I'm not going to do a terribly accurate mock because the values don't really match up for now. Think of this as a dream scenario:

Rnd 1: TJ Clemmings.

Having decided through the application of science (well, comparing photos at least) that Clemmings has the arm length of Tyron Smith, I'm fully of the opinion that he can play LT in the future. Solder was embarrassing for the first half tonight and I'm ready to move on from him after next season. Like Solder was to Light, Clemmings becomes the 6th OL next year and takes over at LT in 2016.

Rnd 2: Cameron Erving:

He's been a revelation moving inside. I've knocked the idea of taking two OLs with the first two picks but I'm ready to go with it now. Erving could start early at LG, he's a tremendous run blocker.

We might need a bit of 2012 trade up magic to secure those two picks so I'm ditching one of the third rounders as a self-punishment.

Rnd 3: Marcus Hardison

Just about the only thing this defense lacks is any sort of pressure when we're rushing only three. That probably gets better if Harrison, Easley and Chandler Jones are the three doing the rushing.

Rnd 4A: DJ Foster, RB, ASU

A like for like Vereen replacement with better college production, particularly as a receiver. He's the same size as Vereen and about as athletic.

Rnd 4B: DeAndre Smelter

Despite his torn ACL, I still love this guy. Terrific blocker and Mayo's Anquan Boldin comparison is a good one. He's an ideal backup to LaFell and takes Amendola's spot in the offense with his outstanding blocking.

Rnd 6A: Terry Williams, NT, ECU

Personally i think Williams and Smelter are the best unheralded guys in this draft, at least that I've seen. Williams is a defensive difference maker at times.

Rnd 6B: Maurice Falls, OLB, ECU

This guy is 6'3 and 247lbs and runs between 4.45 and 4.55. Ideal size and potential athleticism for a Patriot linebacker and whilst his playing ability doesn't live up to those ideals, he's a guy you stash on the PS or special teams and hope it clicks for him because that size and athleticism isn't commonplace.

I realise the first two picks are struggling to be realistic and there isn't an edge rusher but I'm just not sure it's that great a priority with Hightower, Collins and Ayers supporting Chandler Jones. It would be great to get one and I'd probably draft one if Clemmings and Ronnie Stanley aren't available but I think the LT of the future is the bigger priority. Nink's future replacement will have to come next year.

Re-sign all the defenders as well as Ghost and Develin. I'm less bothered about Vereen and Cannon.

I'm not going to do a terribly accurate mock because the values don't really match up for now. Think of this as a dream scenario:

Having decided through the application of science (well, comparing photos at least) that Clemmings has the arm length of Tyron Smith, I'm fully of the opinion that he can play LT in the future. Solder was embarrassing for the first half tonight and I'm ready to move on from him after next season. Like Solder was to Light, Clemmings becomes the 6th OL next year and takes over at LT in 2016.

He's been a revelation moving inside. I've knocked the idea of taking two OLs with the first two picks but I'm ready to go with it now. Erving could start early at LG, he's a tremendous run blocker.

We might need a bit of 2012 trade up magic to secure those two picks so I'm ditching one of the third rounders as a self-punishment.

Just about the only thing this defense lacks is any sort of pressure when we're rushing only three. That probably gets better if Harrison, Easley and Chandler Jones are the three doing the rushing.

A like for like Vereen replacement with better college production, particularly as a receiver. He's the same size as Vereen and about as athletic.

Despite his torn ACL, I still love this guy. Terrific blocker and Mayo's Anquan Boldin comparison is a good one. He's an ideal backup to LaFell and takes Amendola's spot in the offense with his outstanding blocking.

Personally i think Williams and Smelter are the best unheralded guys in this draft, at least that I've seen. Williams is a defensive difference maker at times.

This guy is 6'3 and 247lbs and runs between 4.45 and 4.55. Ideal size and potential athleticism for a Patriot linebacker and whilst his playing ability doesn't live up to those ideals, he's a guy you stash on the PS or special teams and hope it clicks for him because that size and athleticism isn't commonplace.

I realise the first two picks are struggling to be realistic and there isn't an edge rusher but I'm just not sure it's that great a priority with Hightower, Collins and Ayers supporting Chandler Jones. It would be great to get one and I'd probably draft one if Clemmings and Ronnie Stanley aren't available but I think the LT of the future is the bigger priority. Nink's future replacement will have to come next year.

Nice mock. My only real issue is that I think it's doubtful that some of the players will be available that late, but if they are, good job.

If Clemmings is available when we pick then I expect he will be BPA. Top 15 talent. I've been high on Cam Erving, even when he was getting knocked. I always thought he would be better inside.

The rest is solid.

Nice mock. My only real issue is that I think it's doubtful that some of the players will be available that late, but if they are, good job.

If Clemmings is available when we pick then I expect he will be BPA. Top 15 talent. I've been high on Cam Erving, even when he was getting knocked. I always thought he would be better inside.

The rest is solid.

I don't mock for accuracy in December, a pointless exercise, I mock to showcase prospects I like.

The ATippett56 Early Bird Special :eek:

2015 New England Patriots Preliminary Mock Draft - 12/08/14 :D

1st Round - Ronnie Stanley, OT - Notre Dame
2nd Round - Markus Golden, DE - Missouri or Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE - UCLA
3rd Round - As necessary, utilized to trade up in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft
3rd Round Compensatory - Laken Tomlinson, OG - Duke or Jarvis Harrison, OG - Texas A&M
4th Round - Jeremy Langford, RB - Michigan State or David Cobb, RB - Minnesota
4th Round - Stephone Anthony, ILB - Clemson
6th Round - Jaxon Shipley, WR - Texas
7th Round - Kaleb Johnson, OG - Rutgers

2015 Top NFL Draft Prospects Rankings (updated 12/08/2014) by NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/all

Priority UDFAs
Grant Hedrick, QB - Boise State
Mark Weisman, FB - Iowa
Corey Grant, RB - Auburn
Shane McDermott, OC - Miami (Florida)
Ben Beckwith, OG - Mississippi State
Shaquille Mason, OG - Georgia Tech
Tayo Fabuluje, OT - Texas Christian
Gabe Holmes, TE - Purdue
Ray Hamilton, TE - Iowa
Cam Worthy, WR - East Carolina
Andre Davis, WR - South Florida
Devin Smith, WR - Ohio State
Jarrod West, WR - Syracuse
Cory Morrissey, DE - Iowa State
Marcus Hardison, DT - Arizona State
Taiwan Jones, ILB - Michigan State
Thurston Armbrister, OLB - Miami (Florida)
Tra'Mayne Bondurant, FS - Arizona
Corey Cooper, SS - Nebraska
JaCorey Shepherd, CB - Kansas
Joe Cardona, LS - Navy

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...notre-dame-lt-ronnie-stanley-an-emerging-star

Comments: If the New England Patriots re-sign McCourty and Chung, there is no need to draft yet another safety until 2016.

Last edited:
Trade round 1 and round 2 to move up to pick 18-21

Round 1-TJ Cummings, OT/OG
Round 3-Zach Hodges, OLB
Round 3-Jaquiski Tartt, DB
Round 4-Tyler Kroft, TE
Round 4-Lynden Trail, OLB
Round 5-David Johnson, RB
Round 6-Robert Myers, OT/OG
Round 6-Xavier Williams, DT
Round 7-De'Ante Saunders, DB

Resign
Darrelle Revis
Devin McCourty
Stephen Gostkowski
Shane Vereen
Pat Chung
Akeem Ayers
Jonathan Casillas
Alan Branch
Sealver Siliga (RFA)
James Develin (RFA)

Restructure

Jerod Mayo
Nate Solder
Kyle Arrington
Danny Amendola

I don't mock for accuracy in December, a pointless exercise, I mock to showcase prospects I like.

I agree. Again, I have no problems with the picks.
Trade round 1 and round 2 to move up to pick 18-21

Round 1-TJ Cummings, OT/OG
Round 3-Zach Hodges, OLB
Round 3-Jaquiski Tartt, DB
Round 4-Tyler Kroft, TE
Round 4-Lynden Trail, OLB
Round 5-David Johnson, RB
Round 6-Robert Myers, OT/OG
Round 6-Xavier Williams, DT
Round 7-De'Ante Saunders, DB

Resign
Darrelle Revis
Devin McCourty
Stephen Gostkowski
Shane Vereen
Pat Chung
Akeem Ayers
Jonathan Casillas
Alan Branch
Sealver Siliga (RFA)
James Develin (RFA)

Restructure
Jerod Mayo
Nate Solder
Kyle Arrington
Danny Amendola

I love Clemmings, but I wouldn't trade that much to move up. A 3rd, yes.

Matt Miller of nfldraftscout is a good follow on twitter. He thinks Terry Williams could end up being a first round pick. I have no problems with Clemmings and Irving. But, are both going to move to guard? Neither have played there I believe. Our OL is a concern. They got handled at GB and SD. They usually play much better at home. Prob my chief area of concern headed into the off-season too. I think we're going to let VW walk. I'd love to get a couple of OL and a DT. Pass-rusher will have to wait. Hope we can re-sign Ayers to help there. Excellent players all over. What do you think of Trey Flowers out of Arkansas? I thought he looked good against Mizzou. My other line of thought on de is to draft Noah Spence late 3rd or 4a. That's where we got AHern.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back