PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Mock Drafts

There are a couple of average tackles in this draft that might develop into stud guards for the patriots.

But in my mind aj cann of sc has to be the guy we need.

My current Mock going by the CBS site cause i don't have enough info to judge them yet. Also Revis, McCourty and other key guys kept)

1st - (TRADE our 1st and 3rd to move up to spot #20) - Eddie Goldman - DT 320 6'3 can stop the run and pressure some. Wilfork replacement.

2nd - Tre Jackson - G - Someone to replace Connolly/Wendell down the line. 6'4 330

3rd - (traded away)

3rd(con) - D'joun Smith - CB - Surprise pick but if he falls this far you have to take him. Also Ryan/Dennard did not inspire confidence against GB. If Arrington/Browner go down I don't know how i feel about either of them as a starter right now) 5'11 190

4th - Ze'Darius Smith - DE - Taking a shot a player having a good year who has good measurable but is over shadowed by his teammate. - 6'5 265

4th - Durrell Eskridge - S - The Depth behind McCourty/Chung is not so good. This guy intrigues me 6'3 203

5th - ???

6th - ???

6th(con) - ???

Not sure on the rest yet. I will stop there for now and fill it in later : P

Last edited:
I think they draft the Rutgers OL kaleb johnson.

3rd(con) - D???joun Smith (yes that is how you spell it) - CB - Surprise pick but if he fall this far you have to take him. Also Ryan/Dennard did not inspire confidence against GB. If Arrington/Browner go down I don't know how i feel about either of them as a starter right now) 5'11 190

5th - ???

6th - ???

6th(con) - ???

I take it we're drafting his brothers in rounds five through six :p

It's actually a typo. It's D'Joun Smith on the school roster

okay gotcha. I didn't look it up cause frankly with some of these names nothing surprises me anymore : P

okay gotcha. I didn't look it up cause frankly with some of these names nothing surprises me anymore : P

I've always wanted to see ESPN do an "athlete name spelling bee."

A new draft for a new day.

1. Ty MONTGOMERGY, the last of the good WRs. Dobson is looking like a train wreck so hello Mr. New guy!

2. Carl DAVIS, DT Iowa, Large mobile, immovable and strong.

3a. Jarvis Harrison OG/OT Texas A&M
3s. Jeff Huermann TE / Ohio State
4t. trade for lower 4th and 5th
4. Matt Jones RB Florida
4ne. Tre Flowers / Prescott Smith DE Arkansas / Miss. St.
5. Kaleb Johson G / Rutgers
6. Nick Perry S Alabama
7. Mike Hull LB PSU

A new draft for a new day.

1. Ty MONTGOMERGY, the last of the good WRs. Dobson is looking like a train wreck so hello Mr. New guy!

2. Carl DAVIS, DT Iowa, Large mobile, immovable and strong.

3a. Jarvis Harrison OG/OT Texas A&M
3s. Jeff Huermann TE / Ohio State
4t. trade for lower 4th and 5th
4. Matt Jones RB Florida
4ne. Tre Flowers / Prescott Smith DE Arkansas / Miss. St.
5. Kaleb Johson G / Rutgers
6. Nick Perry S Alabama
7. Mike Hull LB PSU

Fine effort, but I would personally NOT like that draft. I don't want WR that early and I'm not a big Montgomery fan. Not sold on Davis. I like Jarvis Harrison and Matt Jones (though I'm not entirely sure about Matt Jones in the 4th).

A 2-down run-stuffer in the 1st round? Not while there are still 1st-round-worthy LGs & DEs available.

Last edited:
A 2-down run-stuffer in the 1st round? Not if they're still 1st-round-worthy LGs & DEs available.

To what are you referring? If it's to Eddie Goldman or Malcolm Brown, I think they are potentially more than a 2 down run stuffer. I probably go with an edge defender first, but if they are the best values on the board I'd consider them strongly.

I agree that I would NOT consider a pure "2 down run stuffer" in the 1st round, and probably not until day 3.

After watching the the last 5 games in detail, I record them all and then watch every play over and over focusing on a different player each time. I decided to do a mock based on what I would do and probably not what will happen. I think the offense needs more reworking than the defense. I say this based on the assumption that Ayers, Branch, Casillas, Chung and Siliga are brought back.

1. OT-Clemmings or Sambrailo (Cannon will be let go and Solder's contract is up in 2016)
2. OG-Tre Jackson (Connolly is 33 years old and a FA)
3. DE-Preston Smith (Nink is getting older and a LDE will be needed sooner than later, I do think that Ayers could be moves to RDE as he has performed well and Jones can transition to LDE)
3. Comp hopefully OG Josh Harrison or Laken Tomlinson (Wendell has carved out a nice role and should be brought back once he is a FA in 2016) Devey and Kline need to be upgraded
4. OLB-Tony Washington(I think it is time to move on from Mayo with the 10M cap#) HT has made this decision easier to make)
4. RB-CameronArtis Payne (I do not think Vereen should be brought back and payne is a similar back)
5. Comp hopefully- WR-Tony Lippett or Vince Mayle (both are bigger targets) I like Dobson but he has lost alot of time due to injury and has not gained Brady's trust.
6. DT-Marcus Hardison(He should go much higher than this, but I am hoping he is here)
7. DT- Jeff Whittaker(Big body DT).

Comments are welcome, but please be gentle this is my first Mock......Let er rip....

After watching the the last 5 games in detail, I record them all and then watch every play over and over focusing on a different player each time. I decided to do a mock based on what I would do and probably not what will happen. I think the offense needs more reworking than the defense. I say this based on the assumption that Ayers, Branch, Casillas, Chung and Siliga are brought back.

1. OT-Clemmings or Sambrailo (Cannon will be let go and Solder's contract is up in 2016)
3. DE-Preston Smith (Nink is getting older and a LDE will be needed sooner than later, I do think that Ayers could be moves to RDE as he has performed well and Jones can transition to LDE)
3. Comp hopefully OG Josh Harrison or Laken Tomlinson (Wendell has carved out a nice role and should be brought back once he is a FA in 2016) Devey and Kline need to be upgraded
4. OLB-Tony Washington(I think it is time to move on from Mayo with the 10M cap#) HT has made this decision easier to make)
4. RB-CameronArtis Payne (I do not think Vereen should be brought back and payne is a similar back)
5. Comp hopefully- WR-Tony Lippett or Vince Mayle (both are bigger targets) I like Dobson but he has lost alot of time due to injury and has not gained Brady's trust.
6. DT-Marcus Hardison(He should go much higher than this, but I am hoping he is here)

Comments are welcome, but please be gentle this is my first Mock......Let er rip....

Any mock that has Clemmings and Hardison in it is a mock I fully endorse. Three minor issues though.

1. I don't think we'll draft three OL

2. I certainly don't think we'll draft OL in rounds 1& 2

3. I'm not a fan of getting rid of Mayo at all. I think that's premature.

But I like most of the players you've mocked and love Clemmings and Hardison so good job.

Fine effort.

Interesting that you don't have a WR.

I agree with Manx that 3 OLs is unlikely. Jackson isn't my favorite fit for the Pats. Clemens and Harrison/Tomlinson would be fabulous. Preston Smith is a nice pick, though he may end up going higher, and Marcus Hardison in the 7th is a pipe dream.

A new day, another new mock.

Believe it or not, I was going to include Tony Lippett before he was mentioned above.

1. AJ Cann, G, S. Carolina
2. Spencer DRANGO OT Baylor/ Cameron ERVING FSU OT
3. Trade for 5th and 6th
3s. Kurtis Drummond / S Mich. State Obligatory safety
4t. Trey Flowers DE Arkansas / Preston Smith Miss. St. DE
4b. Jeff Huermann TE, Ohio State
5a. Tony Lippett Mich State, WR, kind of a healthy Dobson?
6a. Stephone Anthony LB, Clemson
6b. Quinton Rollins CB Miami( Ohio)
7. Mike Hull LB PSU

Quick update. Assumptions as previously discussed, with most of the current core retained intact.

1. Danielle Hunter - DE/OLB - LSU. 6'6" 245#.
2. Jordan Phillips - DT - Oklahoma. 6'6" 335#.
3. Jake Fisher - OL - Oregon. 6'6" 300#. Or DJ Humphries - OL - Florida.
3 (comp). Jarvis Harrison - OL - Texas A&M. 6'3" 325#. Or Laken Tomlinson - OL - Duke.
4 (TB). Noah Spence - DE/OLB - Ohio St. 6'3" 255#. I think the Pats need a lot of versatile hybrid DE/OLB players for a rotation.
4. Jaquiski Tartt - S - Samford. 6'1" 218#. Or Durrell Eskridge - S - Syracuse.
6 (TB). Matt Jones - RB - Florida. 6'2" 235#.
6 (comp). DeAndre Smelter - WR - Georgia Tech. 6'3" 220#. Will likely get a redshirt year on PUP/IR.
7 (Tenn). Blake Bell - TE - Oklahoma. 6'6" 259#.

I have not been impressed with Hunter as a pass rusher (I do not think that he brings anymore than Buchanan. If we go DE in round 1 I really hope they trade up for Fowler or wait til round 2 and go with Preston smith or Owamagbe Odighizuwa (I think he goes this high or higher).
Preferably

1. Malcolm Brown
2. Preston Smith

I have not been impressed with Hunter as a pass rusher (I do not think that he brings anymore than Buchanan. If we go DE in round 1 I really hope they trade up for Fowler or wait til round 2 and go with Preston smith or Owamagbe Odighizuwa (I think he goes this high or higher).
Preferably

1. Malcolm Brown
2. Preston Smith

Hunter reminds me a bit of Chandler Jones, and he has the frame to bulk up to 265 pretty easily (he supposedly only carries around 4% body fat at 245#). He doesn't have the fastest first step and isn't a particularly flashy pass rusher, but he does so many things, and does them well - clogs passing lanes and bats down balls, sets the edge, has played inside, has enough athleticism to stand up and drop into zone on occasion. He has a very good work ethic and team-first approach - he's spoken on several occasions about just doing whatever the coaches ask him to.

But I'd also be fine with Malcolm Brown/Eddie Goldman in the 1st and Odighizuwa/Preston Smith in the 2nd, though I'm not sure either will last long enough. There are a lot of talented linemen in this draft, and I'm not fixated on any one guy.

Quick update. Assumptions as previously discussed, with most of the current core retained intact.

1. Danielle Hunter - DE/OLB - LSU. 6'6" 245#.
2. Jordan Phillips - DT - Oklahoma. 6'6" 335#.
3. Jake Fisher - OL - Oregon. 6'6" 300#. Or DJ Humphries - OL - Florida.
3 (comp). Jarvis Harrison - OL - Texas A&M. 6'3" 325#. Or Laken Tomlinson - OL - Duke.
4 (TB). Noah Spence - DE/OLB - Ohio St. 6'3" 255#. I think the Pats need a lot of versatile hybrid DE/OLB players for a rotation.
4. Jaquiski Tartt - S - Samford. 6'1" 218#. Or Durrell Eskridge - S - Syracuse.
6 (TB). Matt Jones - RB - Florida. 6'2" 235#.
6 (comp). DeAndre Smelter - WR - Georgia Tech. 6'3" 220#. Will likely get a redshirt year on PUP/IR.
7 (Tenn). Blake Bell - TE - Oklahoma. 6'6" 259#.

I don't know Hunter or Phillips but this mock ticks all the right boxes. I like it very much.

I don't know Hunter or Phillips but this mock ticks all the right boxes. I like it very much.

Thank you. High praise indeed.

FWIW, Matt Miller had this to say abount Hunter in this week's scouting notebook:

A junior pass-rusher for the Tigers, Danielle Hunter has been impossible to overlook when watching LSU game film. Previously he hasn't been featured in my rankings, though, because of his underclassman status. That's changing as the more I watch, the more it looks like Hunter is NFL-ready.

Hunter (6'6", 240 lbs) is a bit raw physically, but he's gifted with the speed, athleticism and wingspan scouts tend to fall in love with at the position. I see a longer version of Bruce Irvin and a player with the skills to at least help an NFL club in passing situations early on.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2289090-2015-nfl-draft-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-for-week-14

I'm featuring him because I'm intrigued by the skill set and he fits a profile that I like, but it's way too early to focus on any one guy. At this time last year Ra'Shede Hageman was probably my top Pats' prospect, and Aaron Donald and Dominique Easley were in the "don't fit" category.

As I mentioned above in response to dlivery's post, there is a lot of fine depth at DL and OL, and I'm not fixated on one player. There are a lot of guys that I like, including ones we've barely discussed. Preston Smith is a good example of someone who will get a lot of discussion before we're done. Odighizuwa is another guy. Eddie Goldman has barely been discussed, and he could be a worthy 1st round selection.

At this point, before all the declarations are out, I'm mainly focused on "ticking the right boxes". For me that looks like:

- An emphasis on OL and DL, and adding depth in terms of versatile players who fit our complex hybrid defensive scheme
- Taking some shots with comp and day 3 picks on some high upside guys who fill niches, including the offensive skill positions

I would like to have found a way to fit Quinten Rollins in, BTW, but couldn't.

Last edited:
My Mock Draft:

- Trade up for Amari Cooper

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents