PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Free Agent Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is going on? How have deals for Maclin, Maxiell and Gore been announced? Not to mention NFL.com posted about Maclin's deal. Isn't this OBVIOUS TAMPERING!??!?

Everyone on this board and in the media has them shiny object receiver shopping/wild unsubstantiated speculating. From what I've seen and heard from people like Kraft and his son are they're trying to retain a top 3 secondary.

A shiny new WR doesn't replace Revis and/or McCouty. It also doesn't replace a pass-catching RB, a run stuffing DT, a situational backup pass-rushing LB, a starting LG or a backup LB/ST ace.

Why is everyone so worried about replacing DA and his 200 recieving yards?

Two different issues - perhaps I should have split my post.

There are reports that the Pats will be looking for a receiver - Harvin, Hartline, etc. My guess is a prove-it type deal. THat would be a #3. DA is going to hit the Pats for 8.1 million if he plays this year (5.7 this year with 2.4 dead next year). If he doesn't restructure, I don't think he'll be here.

What the hell is going on? How have deals for Maclin, Maxiell and Gore been announced? Not to mention NFL.com posted about Maclin's deal. Isn't this OBVIOUS TAMPERING!??!?

None of it is official.

None of it is official.
Everyone kept their mouths shut in recent years. Nobody is technically allowed to even be making offers let alone accepting them. I can't help but feel like if the Patriots had announced a signing that Ted Wells would be checking phone records and interviewing 40+ people by Monday morning.

Everyone kept their mouths shut in recent years. Nobody is technically allowed to even be making offers let alone accepting them. I can't help but feel like if the Patriots had announced a signing that Ted Wells would be checking phone records and interviewing 40+ people by Monday morning.

Legal tampering + happy players/agents + busy reporters = News about deals.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're an impending free agent then tamper away.

If you're not then it's different.

What difference does it make if it's 3 days or 3 weeks, I don't want anyone talking to my guys if they have years left on their deal but if they don't then whatever. Pats aren't not doing it so who cares.

Legal tampering

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 22s22 seconds ago
What better option do they have??? “@JaysonBraddock: BREAKING NEWS: 49ers have put Colin Kaepernick on the trading block. Taking offers.”

Just following that up:

Can confirm through my connections, @JaysonBraddock 's report that Kaepernick is indeed on the trade block.

https://twitter.com/VincentFrankNFL/status/574794088202928128

And that Braddock guy added this:

Ok, you're allowed to go to sleep now. Texans' deals will be done in the morning. I'd expect to see a deal done for Mallett & Hoyer.

https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/574791864500383744

So, if this stuff is correct, and if the Eagles really are trying to move up for Mariota, the QB carousel could get very interesting, indeed.

I might be the minority on this but I would like to see us kick the tires on Hardy it would be interesting to get the Kracken for cheap based On his contreversy one year prove it deal with a second possible year similar to the Revis deal.
Now I will state I wouldn't do it unless Bill and Nick met with him spoke to his former coaches and team mates. Lafell must have good Intel on him.

I might be the minority on this but I would like to see us kick the tires on Hardy it would be interesting to get the Kracken for cheap based On his contreversy one year prove it deal with a second possible year similar to the Revis deal.

How "cheap" would you really see Greg Hardy's new deal? He made over 13+ million dollars last year. Do you really see the Patriots as players for his services, even if he comes at 50 percent of the cost at 6.5m dollars a year? I certainly don't!!!

To take it one step further, Revis' deal made last year for 12m dollars made him the (then) current highest paid CB in the game in terms of annual value, so I'd hardly use that as a comparative deal. It certainly wasn't "cheap." If anything, it was the opposite.

We have very good value with our DEs right now (Chandler Jones and Ninkovich), even though we could use a new draftee and/or value based free agent player to spell Ninkovich + add competition and depth.

Cecil Shorts would be a huge get for us if we can get him. He stated he's tired of loosing so that should help.

A guy like Cecil Shorts could be an excellent type of WR signing, although I'm guessing that there are many teams who feel that way and will be prepared to offer a better deal.

I can dream Revis and a reformed Hardy under BBs thumb would have this defense other worldly.

I wanna have a stout run defense. I really hope they find a replacement for big vince.

I can dream Revis and a reformed Hardy under BBs thumb would have this defense other worldly.
Hardy is a great player but I don't really want an abuser on my team. Either way he will get paid by someone

I heard they might sign Mallet AND Hoyer. It will be interesting to see where those guys end up on tuesday

I heard that too. Seems a bit bizarre though. You'd have to think O'Brien knows which one is the better. If he doesn't know now, he never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back