PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Free Agent Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez will be the back-up or maybe even the starter is Mariota isn't ready in time. No reason he shouldn't be since he'll know the playbook.

No reason other than the man has been a turnover machine his entire career.

I mean it's alot of money but how can this not help the dolphins.

By guaranteeing they'll have no money for any depth players.

Did I see Maclin to the Chiefs?

That's what Chris Mortensen has on his twitter feed..

No reason other than the man has been a turnover machine his entire career.

By guaranteeing they'll have no money for any depth players.

That's what Chris Mortensen has on his twitter feed..

Maybe but I'm not excited to see suh take shots at brady twice a year compared to once every 4.

It's gonna be a problem.

So, given the Pats reportedly receiver shopping, I expect DA to be a June 1 cut (spread the 3.6 dead hit).

Also, is it possible that Solder gets the heave ho tomorrow? 7.5 against the cap this year on the option - no dead money if they release him. That money ucold go a long way toward retaining McCourty and/or Revis.

They just signed Cannon to an extension, remember.

I still don't understand the Cannon extension

So, given the Pats reportedly receiver shopping, I expect DA to be a June 1 cut (spread the 3.6 dead hit).

Also, is it possible that Solder gets the heave ho tomorrow? 7.5 against the cap this year on the option - no dead money if they release him. That money ucold go a long way toward retaining McCourty and/or Revis.

They just signed Cannon to an extension, remember.
Everyone on this board and in the media has them shiny object receiver shopping/wild unsubstantiated speculating. From what I've seen and heard from people like Kraft and his son are they're trying to retain a top 3 secondary.

A shiny new WR doesn't replace Revis and/or McCouty. It also doesn't replace a pass-catching RB, a run stuffing DT, a situational backup pass-rushing LB, a starting LG or a backup LB/ST ace.

Why is everyone so worried about replacing DA and his 200 recieving yards?

Maclin is reported to the Chiefs
The Chiefs have gotten Hali to take a restructure/paycut
The Chiefs are expected to cut Bowe
The Chiefs are trying to find a way to keep Hudson

As of right now, I'm looking for the Chiefs to take an OL and a WR in the first 3 (probably first 2) rounds of this years draft.
Thanks for the update Deus. It's hard to keep up on it all despite my efforts. More difficult than expected to split my attention between free agency and TV with my wife. :confused:

I would think a WR early would be smart for them as well. Their TEs are pretty good, with Maclin & a nice rookie (plus Charles of course) they would be in much better shape offensively. Of course, they still have Smith at QB who seems to have a tendency to be gun-shy. We'll see, but I do like that team's construction overall if they fill the glaring WR hole.

Devin Mccourty has on his Facebook that he just met Mr Big Shot.
Don't know if it has anything to do with Free Agency but I hope not.

Also, is it possible that Solder gets the heave ho tomorrow? 7.5 against the cap this year on the option - no dead money if they release him.

I would find that highly unlikely, myself.

I think there's a much better chance of seeing Nate Solder extended, rather than cut...as a matter of fact, some of us are expecting the extension announcement within the next week or two.

Marcus Cannon is hardly anything of a viable replacement, unless they'd consider moving Vollmer over to LT and attempting Cannon/other options/draft choice at RT. Either way, Cannon has looked lost on the left side playing both tackle and guard, at least in my opinion.

Its not a big deal I guess he will meet with a lot of teams if its anything to do with that.

Devin Mccourty has on his Facebook that he just met Mr Big Shot.
Don't know if it has anything to do with Free Agency but I hope not.

Chauncey Billups nickname is "Mr Big Shot"

He said it was Chauncey Billups mr big shot.

Let's hope the Mccourty news is accurate now go get Revis!
If not I am very happy Devin is a perfect Patriot.
Just a shame we can't have Jason as well.

It's correct folks, multiple sources confirming including McCourty himself. Hopefully it's team-friendly overall. Would be nice if it has a low first year # to help with keeping Revis.

What the christ!!!! He's not a WR!!!! How in the hell does that help us!?!
I know, seriously. He can't rush the passer either. What a sh*t signing. May as well concede the division to Rex now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes