PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 - Teams that will Regress and Progress

My progress team is my other team I like to follow, due to being a Dalton fan and BJGE is there now, is the Bengals. If they turn those two firsts into DeCastro and Jenkins, two players who could play at a high level right away, they would improve even more. A solid defense and a solid offense, could see them at 11-5.

Regress is obviously the JESTS. Andy makes a very good point about their defense. As of now, one could argue that the Pats defense is better even with them having Revis. If they didn't have Revis, that defense would be an utter mess, bottom 3 in the league. Offense is a joke, 6-10 JESTS here we come!

Can't see that happening given where they're at, but I'd be interested in hearing your reasoning.

I can give you some....

NFC divisional opponents 2011: NFCW
NFC divisional opponents 2012: NFCE

AFC divisional opponents 2011: AFCS
AFC divisional opponents 2012: AFCW

I can give you some....

NFC divisional opponents 2011: NFCW
NFC divisional opponents 2012: NFCE

AFC divisional opponents 2011: AFCS
AFC divisional opponents 2012: AFCW

That's fair. I don't see it happening with Dalton and Green, but I suppose it's possible.

That's fair. I don't see it happening with Dalton and Green, but I suppose it's possible.

The other issue I see with the Bengals is their defense. They lost two starters on the DL, a decent LB, and haven't signed anyone. The Bengals need a fantastic draft.

Oh also for regress, I forgot to put the Raiders (obviously). Their new GM is doing a fantastic job of hacking that team apart.

People are going to hate me for this but after a little thought today I'm going to say the Patriots will regress as well. Everyone says we have the easiest schedule in the NFL but that's based off of last year. I expect the NFC West and AFC South to greatly improve over last year. I can see us losing to Seattle, Houston and maybe even SF or Tennessee.

Progress:
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Chiefs
Bears
Colts
Browns
Eagles
Bills
Panthers
Rams

Regress:
Bengals
Steelers
Giants
49ers
Dolphins
Saints

Where they were:
Pats
Packers
Jets
Cowpokes
Titans
Texans
Lions
Raiders
Chargers

My early pick for the SB is the Pats and Packers. Kind of hard for those two teams to progress from where they were last season. I don't think the Packers will win as many games, but they'll still be a better team.

Buccaneers could show some serious improvement next season and is my early pick for the surprise team.

Giants had a great run last year but I don't see them doing the same next year. Eagles will knock them off and the Packers won't lay a dud in the playoffs.

Seahawks are a very intriguing team and could go as far as Matt Flynn can take them, which may not be that far but better than before.

I'm just not sure where to put the Cardinals. They could improve dramatically or not at all.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back