PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Senior Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in how Kevin Zeitler of Wisconsin does this week. Over 6'3" @ 315 lbs.

Anybody know why it seems like Andre Branch wasn't present at the weigh-in?

Here is the link for the weigh ins:

Senior Bowl Weigh-In Results | National Football Post

Players of interest:

Vinny Curry: 6'3" - 265 and 32in. arm length
George Iloka: 6'3 5/8" - 222 - 33 7/8 arm length - 9" 5/8 hands.
Patrick Edwards - WR: 5'8 7/8" - 168 lbs - 29 3/8" arm length - 8 1/2" hands
Jeff Fuller : 6'4 1/8" - 34 1/2" arm length - 9 3/8 hands
Juron Criner: 6'2 1/8", 31 3/8 arm length - 10 1/2" hands
Joe Adams: 5'10 4/8 - 31 3/8 arm length - 9 3/8" hands

Players of interest:

I'd like to see these two go for a hail mary jump ball.

Both are climbing my mental big board right now. Fuller apparently did well in practice.

Couple of guys with shorter arms:

Billy Winn: 31 3/8"
Courtney Upshaw: 31 1/2"
Mike Brewster: 31"

We've got interviews with Jeff Fuller and Brandon Thompson coming up soon. Should have a bunch more after the player's dinner tonight.

Good review of the North's practice by Tom Melton. in light of today's WR discussion, one to store away in that part of the brain reserved for the draft:

t was a pretty easy day for the receivers today, but I think the guy that stuck out most to me was TJ Graham (North Carolina State). He clearly has 4.4 speed (could run as fast as a 4.35 in my opinion) and his explosiveness and burst was on full display today. He created separation nearly every time I watched him run a route and he caught the ball cleanly every single rep I saw of him. He has the potential to be a HUGE riser this week, especially if he plays like this every day of practice. Obviously this was just one day, but this definitely showed the upside Graham has as a receiver. Don’t forget he’s also a valuable return man.

We've got interviews with Jeff Fuller and Brandon Thompson coming up soon. Should have a bunch more after the player's dinner tonight.

Hey, do you know why Andre Branch wasn't there today?

Didn't show up (yet, anyway) - not uncommon unfortunately. Haven't heard if he tweaked something or if it was agent-guided.

Didn't show up (yet, anyway) - not uncommon unfortunately. Haven't heard if he tweaked something or if it was agent-guided.

I feel robbed, I want to see him this week. But imo he shouldn't be allowed to participate now unless he has a really good excuse. You obviously shouldn't be able to just show up whenever you want to.

Players of interest:

Would you say that these #s place Curry in or out of the possibilities at 3-4 OLB,
ass-u-ming of course that Bill still intends to draft front-7 players for a 3-4 base?

Outstanding work NEPD, utterly outstanding.

Tony Pauline is reporting that he was a last minute scratch due to a groin injury.

Some Patriot relevant updates from Tony Pauline:

TE Emil Igwenagu of UMass has looked terrific as a blocker this morning. He's lined up at both fullback and on the line as a tight end, and no one has been able to get by him. He's small, but tough and strong. Igwenagu just made a terrific catch in double coverage.

The one player we know the Patriots have shown some interest in.

Safety George Iloka of Boise State has had a quick start to the morning. He looks terrific in drills, displaying sound footwork in reverse and the ability to burst to the ball out of his plant.

OLB Shea McCLellin of Boise State continues to impress since making the move to linebacker. He destroyed several running backs and fullbacks this morning in pass-rushing drills in which he simulated standing up over a tackle.

Quote:
OLB Shea McCLellin of Boise State continues to impress since making the move to linebacker. He destroyed several running backs and fullbacks this morning in pass-rushing drills in which he simulated standing up over a tackle.

My binky right there. Poor mans Brooks Reed with a lot of upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes