PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Interactive NFL Mock Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i'm still confused by some of these picks

lol i'm still confused by some of these picks

Hey, who is to say they are bad choices? They seem a little confusing if you rely solely on "experts" to make the decision for you. But how many draft busts have been picked by people getting paid 6-7 figures to do so? I'd rather "reach" for a player who works out than draft a highly touted player that busts.

But, yeah, it's more than fair to say the choices have deviated from expectations in the last couple, for sure...:)

Last edited:
The first real shock of the draft... Lawrence Timmons was just drafted by the Bills at #12. Buffalo certainly needs LB's and arguably Timmons is the best after Willis. Marv Levy surprised people last year by taking Whitner and McCargo so high, but Whitner had a solid season and McCargo was seeing a lot of PT before his injury.

The first real shock of the draft... Lawrence Timmons was just drafted by the Bills at #12. Buffalo certainly needs LB's and arguably Timmons is the best after Willis. Marv Levy surprised people last year by taking Whitner and McCargo so high, but Whitner had a solid season and McCargo was seeing a lot of PT before his injury.

Well Buffalo has shown that they are not afraid to reach for need. So at least the GM is acting in character.

Sooner or later they will get burned for drafting that way though. I believe strongly in taking the BPA if possible. Of course BPA has to include considerations for your system, but anyways it's usually a bad idea to draft a lesser player just because you have a need.

PS How do you like my new GM badge? LOL. Photoshop is awesome.

Last edited:

Nice. I have the same feelings towards my adopted team, the Cowboys, who I've hated since I can remember. But since I know more about them then most on here, I would be a decent Jerry Jones for a week or two.

Well Buffalo has shown that they are not afraid to reach for need. So at least the GM is acting in character.

Sooner or later they will get burned for drafting that way though. I believe strongly in taking the BPA if possible. Of course BPA has to include considerations for your system, but anyways it's usually a bad idea to draft a lesser player just because you have a need.

From the point of view of a Tampa 2 defense, the pick of Timmons seemed like less of a reach. I think he an Willis are more closely rated when you play a defense that does not stress size in its linebackers.

As for the perception that it is a reach for need, I feel this is the point in the draft where the talent begins to dropp off and players are more closely grouped. On my board, Timmons is rated higher than Lynch, Hall, Revis and Olsen, and all those other positions of need can be addressed in later rounds.

From the point of view of a Tampa 2 defense, the pick of Timmons seemed like less of a reach. I think he an Willis are more closely rated when you play a defense that does not stress size in its linebackers.

As for the perception that it is a reach for need, I feel this is the point in the draft where the talent begins to dropp off and players are more closely grouped. On my board, Timmons is rated higher than Lynch, Hall, Revis and Olsen, and all those other positions of need can be addressed in later rounds.

Great explanation. I like where your head's at.

Solid pick, IMO. A terrific player, a clear need, and a very "Buffalo" choice.

Sorry SP, but I don't see the Bills taking him ahead of Lynch.

I probabaly would have gone with Jamaal Anderson. Landry will be a good player, though.

Apparently I'm not the only one to pass on Anderson as he's still on the board.

Hey, who is to say they are bad choices? They seem a little confusing if you rely solely on "experts" to make the decision for you. But how many draft busts have been picked by people getting paid 6-7 figures to do so? I'd rather "reach" for a player who works out than draft a highly touted player that busts.

But, yeah, it's more than fair to say the choices have deviated from expectations in the last couple, for sure...:)

oh i didnt mean they were bad choices....i actually passed one hurdle so far...as far as players falling lol....i guess its kinda obvious who i'm wanting to fall...i still havnt made my desicion yet, but if he falls i'll take him, but if he doesnt, i'll be satisfied with my 2nd pick, if my first and 2nd cohice are both taken before 16, then i'll be unhappy lol

dont worry though, these gms are definitely drafting better than the jets gms, in real life,in recent decades/years

but as you said, the choices deviated from my expectations

great pick up by the vikings with peterson

I just happened to click on after not being on for 3 days and found myself on the clock. Hope you didn't have to wait long. Was my deadline was still tommorrow at 2?

I figure things just moved faster.

Carolina needs an other pass catching threat and wepon on offense. Looking to upgrade their tight end postion to keep the chains moving and their defense off the field. Greg's play making abilitiy makes it hard for linebackers to cover him, and he ok at blocking.

Last edited:
I just happened to click on and saw I was on the clock so I scooped up the Best Player available who fell to the EVIL Steelers at 15.
Alan Branch DT 6'6" 330LBs Mean MFer LOL I can't believe he fell this far.
Unrealistic run on LBs IMO.
Joey Porters replacemnet will need to wait as I wasn't reaching for PP.
Maybe I should have gone DE with Jamall Anderson?

Some of these picks are pretty interesting. I wonder if the Packers GM will select who we all think the Packers might pick here...

oh i didnt mean they were bad choices....i actually passed one hurdle so far...as far as players falling lol....i guess its kinda obvious who i'm wanting to fall...i still havnt made my desicion yet, but if he falls i'll take him, but if he doesnt, i'll be satisfied with my 2nd pick, if my first and 2nd cohice are both taken before 16, then i'll be unhappy lol

dont worry though, these gms are definitely drafting better than the jets gms, in real life,in recent decades/years

but as you said, the choices deviated from my expectations

great pick up by the vikings with peterson

Thanks when I saw Peterson was still on the board took me about 10 seconds to turn in the card lol.

I just happened to click on and saw I was on the clock so I scooped up the Best Player available who fell to the EVIL Steelers at 15.
Alan Branch DT 6'6" 330LBs Mean MFer LOL I can't believe he fell this far.
Unrealistic run on LBs IMO.
Joey Porters replacemnet will need to wait as I wasn't reaching for PP.
Maybe I should have gone DE with Jamall Anderson?

Some of these picks are pretty interesting. I wonder if the Packers GM will select who we all think the Packers might pick here...

Shhhhhhhhhhh:bricks: cats sleeping at pick 17. mum mum's the word.

i still have until 10 pm tomorrow...we all know the obvious choice here but i might throw that curve ball mel kiper was talking about

i still have until 10 pm tomorrow...we all know the obvious choice here but i might throw that curve ball mel kiper was talking about

Just take your number 1 choice. It would be nice to speed up the draft.

no need to rush me, rules state that i have until 10 pm april 10th, and we all agreed upon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST