PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Interactive NFL Mock Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebman2112

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
In this thread you can discuss all the current picks, and anything related to the PatsFans.com 2007 NFL Interactive Mock Draft. Please keep all discussion to this thread, thank you.

Just to let everyone know, I've been in contact with Patchick the past few days trying to figure out a way to keep the schedule updated. I'd like to be able to show every player selected and what team is currently on the clock.
Hopefully we'll be able to work out something, since I really think having that quick reference on the first page is the best way to keep this organized. I've also contacted Ian in an attempt to find a solution. Once I get word from Ian I'll let you know.

I thought quite a bit about what to do with Cleveland's pick, and quite honestly there were no shortage of choices.

I think that had trades been allowed I would have thought seriously about trading out of this slot, particularly had Detroit not selected Calvin Johnson, and moved down the draft to fill as many roster spots as possible. RB, TE and DL are areas of glaring weakness on a team full of them.

But I think Quinn makes sense for a number of reasons: 1 - If you don't have a QB to build the offence around you don't have a lot. And I don't see either Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson being the man Romeo needs; 2 - Brady Quinn has let it known he wants to come, and that I think counts for a lot; 3 - Getting the local boy in gets a great set of fans something to really rally behind next season.

Other weaknesses can hopefully still be filled when I pcik again at #35 as that seems a rich and good value area of the draft.

I took a real world view of the Lions situation.

Johnson is one of the few players in the draft that could be categorized as a sure thing and Millen has a legacy to worry about. He's a lame duck GM and probably wants the last big decision he makes in Detroit a safe one.

I'm sure folks will get on him for taking ANOTHER wide receiver, but most will be relegated to saying he did the right thing and took the best player in the draft.

I looked at Quinn, whom could either become Tom Brady or Heath Shuler. A ton of upside but still no slam dunk. I think they'd like to look at getting a Brohm or Chad Henne next year.

Adrian Peterson, another sink or swim pick. Lots of flash, but a pick that for some reason puts butterflies in my stomach.

Between Thomas and Gaines Adams, both would be great picks. Thomas is a safe pick without the visible impact Millen would be looking for and Adams might require a season's worth of acclimation before making a large contribution.

I took a real world view of the Lions situation.

Johnson is one of the few players in the draft that could be categorized as a sure thing and Millen has a legacy to worry about. He's a lame duck GM and probably wants the last big decision he makes in Detroit a safe one.

I'm sure folks will get on him for taking ANOTHER wide receiver, but most will be relegated to saying he did the right thing and took the best player in the draft.

I looked at Quinn, whom could either become Tom Brady or Heath Shuler. A ton of upside but still no slam dunk. I think they'd like to look at getting a Brohm or Chad Henne next year.

Adrian Peterson, another sink or swim pick. Lots of flash, but a pick that for some reason puts butterflies in my stomach.

Between Thomas and Gaines Adams, both would be great picks. Thomas is a safe pick without the visible impact Millen would be looking for and Adams might require a season's worth of acclimation before making a large contribution.

I think you made a good pick, irrespective of the crap Millen will get for drafting another wideout. I think with trades possible I might have been tempted to sell the second pick to the highest bidder but without it, Johnson's a great choice.

I was pleased to see you take him too as his presence would have made my choice at three a lot harder!!

Detroit taking another wideout? LOL. That franchise is gonna continue to be a joke until they get a real OL and real QB under center.
Cleveland taking Quinn is... interesting.

Honestly, talentwise Calvin Johnson is the right pick, however I think the Raiders should have taken him. JaMarcus Russell has a canon arm but sloppy footwork. Unless he can fix the footwork, and show good decisionmaking skills when under pressure he's gonna be a huge B-U-S-T in the NFL.

Man you guys take your sweet time deciding. LOL. If you already know who you're gonna pick, and it's your turn, I think you should go ahead and post it, you don't have to wait till just before the deadline.

Last edited:
i like the pick at #2, yeah they've had their string of wr's...but i like kitna behind center plus, you still have edwards stanton and others...

but thinking about it more....

they just extended furrey's contract...and roy williams is clearly the #1....

what do you all think?

That Detroit pick would f up the entire draft.

Also TB taking Thomas? I thought they would go Gaines Adams for sure if he was there and Calvin was taken.

Well, we've only got about 7 minutes for the Arizona Cardinals to submit their selection. I sent a PM to "primetime" last night, so I've done all I can do.

Anyways, be ready for a possible vote on this pick. I didn't receive any draft boards, or picks from "primetime", so I don't have a backup selection.

Last edited:
According to my clock (synched with government time servers) we're past the 10am Deadline for the Arizona Cardinals. We need to start voting on who should be selected by the cardinals. This vote will last from now until 11am. Please submit your votes.

Last edited:
According to my clock (synched with government time servers) we're past the 10am Deadline for the Arizona Cardinals. We need to start voting on who should be selected by the cardinals. This vote will last from now until 11am. Please submit your votes.

I stole this from Todd McShay- Scouts Inc:
5. Arizona (5-11)

Projected pick: +Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
Needs: OT, OLB, CB, DT, DE, TE, S, P
The Cardinals' first priority is OT Thomas. If he's off the board, they will likely look to trade down -- and they should have a dancing partner with Peterson still on the board. Finally, if stuck at No. 5, the team will have a tough internal battle between value (Peterson) and need (DE Gaines Adams). Value should always win out.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2814195

Anyway, my vote would be:
1. Adrian Peterson
2. Gaines Adams
3. Jamaal Anderson
4. Levi Brown (which is a reach but fills their biggest need)

I stole this from Todd McShay- Scouts Inc:
5. Arizona (5-11)

Projected pick: +Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
Needs: OT, OLB, CB, DT, DE, TE, S, P
The Cardinals' first priority is OT Thomas. If he's off the board, they will likely look to trade down -- and they should have a dancing partner with Peterson still on the board. Finally, if stuck at No. 5, the team will have a tough internal battle between value (Peterson) and need (DE Gaines Adams). Value should always win out.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2814195

Anyway, my vote would be:
1. Adrian Peterson
2. Gaines Adams
3. Jamaal Anderson
4. Levi Brown (which is a reach but fills their biggest need)

Thank you.

As a non-mock participant, should I stay out of the vote?

With Joe Thomas gone my first pick would be Leon Hall my second would be Adrian Peterson.

As a non-mock participant, should I stay out of the vote?

I'll accept your vote. We arent getting to many yet, anyways. There's only like 36 minutes left for all the votes to be submitted.

I'll accept your vote. We arent getting to many yet, anyways. There's only like 36 minutes left for all the votes to be submitted.

OK, sign me up for Gaines Adams. I'd rather make the commitment at that hard-to-fill position.

uh oh. Dreaded three-way tie so far...

I vote Gaines Adams

The Cardinal's pick is a no-brainer to me.

Nice big, brand new state-of-the-art stadium to keep filled.

Franchise QB drafted last year.

BIG, free agent running back pickup averaging 3.4 YPC and aging prematurely.

Adrian Peterson gets taken here.

Edge gets cut in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill