PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2006 Free Agent Listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a link to the free agents that are available? I know I asked for this before, but I tried doing a search and couldn't find the thread that had it.

Thanks in advance

Slim pickens at wr unless there are some cap casualties. I doubt
we can afford R.Wayne. Only other wr I like as a starter is
A.Randle-El. Show Givens the $$$$$!! What will it take to keep him?
5yrs 25-30m?? Can we afford not to keep him?

Givens isn't worth 5 mill a year. Nor do I think he will get 5 mill a year.

He will get something close to what Houshmandzedah got. A 5 year deal worth $13 million, imho

It's a longshot, but how awesome would Steve Hutchinson be at guard on this O line? Another interesting name is Toniu Fonoti. He has had nothing but trouble so far in his career but if anyone in this league is going to turn him around, it's Dante. With his size and strength, it would be a good project and I don't see how he can demand much more than the minimum.

I know that the list isn't 100% correct. For instance, Azumah is a UFA, not an RFA. And Andra Davis signed a contract extension. And Rocky Proehl isn't a WR.

Players I wouldn't mind seeing include:

QB: Damon Huard
RB: Ahman Green*, LaBrandon Toefield, Chester Taylor*, Michael Bennett, Jonathan Wells, Moe Williams
WR: David Givens, Keenan McCardell, Joe Jurevicius, Kevin Curtis, Reche Caldwell
TE:
Brandon Manumaleuna*
OG: Steve Hutchinson*,
OT: Ephraim Salaam, Jon Runyan
DE: Demetric Evans
NT: Grady Jackson,
Ma'ake Kemoeatu
CB: Nate Clements*, Jerry Azumah
Safety: Tank Willams, Lance Schulters, Adrian Wilson, Adam Archuleta*, Dexter Jackson, Michael Stone, Will Demps*
K: Adam Vinatieri, Paul Edinger

The players with an "*" are my "WISH LIST" players. Players who i would love to see on the Pats, but I think the chances are SLIM to NONE.

I would love to see Antwan Randle-el brought in, He's scary fast and a great punt and kick returner. What kind of money do you think he could be looking for?

BBelichicken said:
I would love to see Antwan Randle-el brought in, He's scary fast and a great punt and kick returner. What kind of money do you think he could be looking for?

More than Givens. Deserved or not, Randle El has more name recognition which means more hype which means more money.

SoonerPatriot said:
More than Givens. Deserved or not, Randle El has more name recognition which means more hype which means more money.

You really think so? I don't really view him as a great receiver. He's an excellent kick returner that is a great deep threat in certain situations.

huskeralk said:
You really think so? I don't really view him as a great receiver. He's an excellent kick returner that is a great deep threat in certain situations.

No I think he's overrated as hell as a WR. I just think he's got more name recogition than Givens does and the hype that goes with it. I'd wet myself if they were able to re-sign Givens for the right price.

Charles Woodson is on my wish list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes