PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2-5.. Am I the only one who is okay with this?

2021 we could have several high draft picks and 120M in cap room. The only thing that can derail the long game is Josh McDaniels in the draft war room.

I am honestly okay with what has transpired this season. Sure it hurts to see our beloved patriots in the position they are in, but after so many years of continued success, its comforting to sit back and have no expectations.

Not upset but I think at this point BB needs to do what’s best to set the team up for as quick of a rebound as possible.

Before they signed Cam, I said that a successful season would be knowing for sure whether or not Stidham was the future at QB.

By playing this version of Cam over him, I think we have our answer.

Not even considering the historical context of the Pats I kind of like where they are. This wasn't going to be a superbowl team, but I don't think that folks properly factor the affect of the COVID opt outs along with the harm that actual COVID had on the team, as well as general bad luck including injuries.

If you ran this team somehow through a multiverse simulation without COVID and with neutral luck I'd wager their average record would be 4 and 3 with a good chance of winning the division, but little else after that.

In some ways It's good to have little hope. The Pats can now afford to see what their young TEs can do, can be flexible with QB snaps to see what they have, and use the season as a long making the game audition for 2021 for all relevant positions.

Maybe as a result, the Patriots will have a better understanding of what they have going into free agency/draft as well as improving their draft capital.

Last edited:
Before they signed Cam, I said that a successful season would be knowing for sure whether or not Stidham was the future at QB.

By playing this version of Cam over him, I think we have our answer.

That or the 3 INTs in 17 NFL throws.

This team has brought me so much joy over the last 13 years. So many AFC East crowns.. playoffs nearly every season. AFCCG seemed like the norm. Also, superbowl victories. I feel no anger or sadness like so many "haters" predicted the "spoiled" fans would. I still plan to watch this team every week no matter what. Sure, it hasn't been pretty this season, however I'm not sweating it.

Patriots forever. Anybody else feel similar?
No one really has the choice to be ok with or not. It is what it is. If you are a fan you deal with the good and the bad.

That or the 3 INTs in 17 NFL throws.

One was 0% his fault and the 2 others were forcing things down by a lot so I don’t think they are defining plays.

I’m okay with it simply because it is time for a rebuild. Hopefully we end up at 4-12. I just don’t envision us going 2-14 or 3-13. We nearly beat the Bills today. Getting a top 5 pick is key and will enable us to take a stab at a top QB prospect.

One was 0% his fault and the 2 others were forcing things down by a lot so I don’t think they are defining plays.

They're defining plays in that I can't think of a QB the last 40 years who threw 3 INTs in their first 17 throws and ended up a good or decent NFL QB.

They're defining plays in that I can't think of a QB the last 40 years who threw 3 INTs in their first 17 throws and ended up a good or decent NFL QB.

What about 2 out of the first 4?

Disclaimer: not saying he's Brett Fav-ruh or anything...

1604275125073.jpeg

I know what you're saying, it sucks though. Rolling into October I thought we had a real shot at beating KC. Then we had a "moral victory" with Hoyer keeping it close in the first half. After that the wheels have come off and THAT is what is bothering me. The lack of anyone seeming to care against Denver, the way they rolled over right out the gate against SF, and then today's heartbreaker.

It just sucks. I'll never forget the last 20 years. But I want to enjoy this season also. Last year was such a downer, and Happy Cam was a joy to see through the first three games. And it's gone now.

I would hope we can lose the next 9 games and with a little more help draft Lawrence.

he is the best college football I have seen since Peyton! Having him in foxboro would ensure the new dynasty is started!

Its a down year... that is all. Salary cap issues, bad drafts, opt outs, COVID assss pain, etc. It was inevitable, hopefully they improve at drafting good talent in rounds 1-3.

I would hope we can lose the next 9 games and with a little more help draft Lawrence.

he is the best college football I have seen since Peyton! Having him in foxboro would ensure the new dynasty is started!
Do you really think he has the talent and upside of someone like a Patrick mahomes or one of the other top tier qbs in the league now? I’m seriously asking because I haven’t been able to watch much to anything on him.

What about 2 out of the first 4?

Disclaimer: not saying he's Brett Fav-ruh or anything...

View attachment 29154

I actually looked to confirm. Favre had 1 INT in his first 72 throws in 1992. So again no, no example of anyone having 3 INT (2 returned for TD) in their first 17 throws who ended up good.

Last edited:
I actually looked to confirm. Favre had 1 INT in his first 72 throws in 1992. So again no, no example of anyone having 3 INT (2 returned for TD) in their first 17 throws who ended up good.

In Atlanta, he threw 4 passes. Two were picked. And in his first GB game, he threw 14 passes... one was picked. So unless he threw the pick on his last pass, he did indeed throw 3 picks in 17 or less passes.

Again, just saying. :)

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back