#206 (comp): Seyi Ajirotutu
#233: Tim Knicky
#235: Clifton Geathers

I'd also be happy with

22 - Brandon Graham
44 - Greg Hardy
47 - Terrence Cody
53 - Jared Veldheer

I'll go with something mayoclinic has suggested, and I'm just going to start with the players listed at #60 on.

This isn't the way I want things to turn out, but I could live with it.

22: G Jon Asamoah (61)
44: ILB Daryl Washington (65)
47: DE/OLB Austen Lane (77)
53: TE Jimmy Graham (81) or Colin Peek (118)

Last edited:
No bleep, that's what I'd said. I said, "Actually, from what I'd read, there will be a coin flip to decide whether or not New England will select #42 or #44 and #47 or #48 in the second round."

I think you misread what I'd written.

As someone who makes money editing and proofreading, I can tell you that the proper phrasing here to make it say what you meant was "there will be coin flips to decide . . ."

By my count so far 19 chose Hughes, 11 Odrick, and 9 Kindle.

Now Hughes was chosen mostly in the second round while the other were 1st rounders.

22. Dan Williams NT- I hate the way things are going with Wilfork
42. Jason Pierre-Paul- Athlete that we need on the edge
47. Aaron Hernandez- This guy seems a little underrated to me all he ever did at UF was make plays
53. Kyle Wilson- I think if I have learned anything from watching the Pats over the years its much like starting pitching you can never have enough.

1. Dunlap DE
2. Weatherspoon ILB or Hardy DE
2. Matthews RB or Wiliams WR
2. Johnson G

I know Dunlap has issues, but I think he will be a great NFL player for us.

Last edited:
#22 Kendal
#44 Hughes
#47 Briscoe (WR KU, might be gone)
#53 McCluster

#22: Dan Williams
#42: Jason Pierre-Paul
#47: Vladimir Ducasse
#58: Anthony Dixon
#119: A.J. Edds

It's early but let's do a 2 round mock just to see what people are thinking.

Using the ranking on this link NFL Draft - 2010 Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

do the Patriot draft for the first 2 rounds. You can pick any player ranked 5 slots above the alloted pick for that Patriots or any player ranked below that pick. So at pick 22 you can pick any player ranked 17 or below but not above #17. So on and so forth.

Right now the Patriots picks are #22,44,47,& 53.

A little twist:

22-Kindle OLB
44-Wooten DE/LB (I cheated)
47-Cody NT/DT
53-Gerhart RB (I cheated again)

For Laughs

119-Chris Cook CB
193-Freddie Barnes WR
206-(Comp)-Quarless TE
233-Rolle-SS
235-Holliday WR/KR

Trade: Swap Maroney for Santana Moss.
Trade AD for Fifth Rounder-Pick up Josh Hull ILB Penn State.

FA:
Keith Bulloch OLB (Leadership and passion)
Aaron Kampman OLB/DE (Pass rush and has experience in both positions)
Donte Stallworth WR (We need two WR until Welker gets back. BB is reluctant to start rookies. Edelman in the slot. S. Moss and Stallworth as your #2 and #3 OR #3 and #4 pending spread formation. Tate might be done and smells of a Crable type bust. Barnes would be your #5 WR. Stallworth knows the system and will play hard to get back to performing well to prove himself plus added depth if Randy leaves in 2011)

Plan B=Swap Maroney and AD and maybe our 6th for TE Cooley from the Skins. They need an RB and Shanny loves Maroney. His scheme might fit Maroney better. They can use a OLB.

Plan C=Swap #44 for Boldin. Make double sure you can get Kampman. Start Kindle day one for his outside rush game.

Plan D=Swap Maroney for LenDale White who is a RFA. At only 26 and 1,100 yards and 28 receptions two years ago, he is an upgrade on Maroney IMO. Now we do not have to Draft a RB.

For the Maroney camp who wants to keep him. He is not going to bring anything in 2011 especially if he is a FA. . Might as well get something now

Plan F=Swap #22 and #53 to move up and get McLain somewhere around #10.

Plan G=Swap and package of players or picks for Urlacher. He still has a few years and changes the dynamics of this team with Heart and lost toughness. I think the Bears blink. Yes he can work a 3/4 with Mayo. That is just silly to think not.

We drafted two OL (Orhnberger they love) players last year beside Volmer. Do we need more with LaVoir and Connelly too? They have another year in the system. Have Kaczur play RG until one is ready.

DW Toys

Last edited:
22) Brandon Graham OLB
44) Ryan Mathews RB
47) Terrence Cody NT
53) Dexter McCluster WR

Last edited:
Hey that looks familiar....I'll say

22. JPP
44. Rejus Benn
47. Alex Carrington
53. Austen Lane

116. Selvish Capers, OG
180. Marcus Easley, WR
213. Chris Marinelli, OT
221. George Johnson, OLB
222. Chris Brown, RB
223. Brent Bowden, P

I think there's an opportunity to add a mid round pick or two by trading Thomas and moving a pick back from the second round.

Jahvid Best, Damryius Thomas, Ed ****son, Jerry Hughes

Give me
22 Brandon Graham
Early but is a pass rush demon, similar to woodley
44 Terance Cody
NT are at a premium, you could move Wilfork outside and rotate Brace and Cody at NT.
47 Alex Hernandez
The Florida connection, Watson is gone and we still need that recieving threat
53 Arulius Benn
Could be great, so could Chad Jackson. There is a need, he is a quality player.

Where did you hear the love part??

We drafted two OL (Orhnberger they love) players last year beside Volmer. Do we need more with LaVoir and Connelly too? They have another year in the system. Have Kaczur play RG until one is ready.

DW Toys

# 22 - Brandon Graham, LB, Michigan
# 44 - Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
# 47 - Dexter McCluster, RB/WR, Missisipi
# 53 - Koa Misi, LB, Utah

#22 OT Brian Bulaga (Iowa) - Moves to RT, I'd like to stay with D this early, especially B. Graham, but if this guy is there it's too good to pass up.

#44 CB Kyle Wilson (Boise State) - As others have said, you can never have enough good CBs. Almost midway through the second round he'd be a steal.

#47 DE Alex Carrington (Arkansas State) - He's raw but with excellent potential. BB will coach this guy up fast. Personally, I think this guy will go earlier than this when all is said and done.

#53 DE/OLB Jason Worilds (Virginia Tech) - Normally I like to see a guy play as much as possible rather than rely on write-ups by draft sites but check out the write-up here with film to back it up.

22- Brian Price UCLA- will play DE. Stops the run and gets after the QB. A playmaker.

44- Jerry Hughes TCU- OLB. Another playmaker. With Price, our D takes a monumental step. A monster.

47- Mardy Gilyard Cinci- WR. Moss, Edelman, Gilyard and Tate more than keep the team rolling til Welker returns.

53- Toby Gerhart Stanford- Teams with Maroney to provide a thunder and lightning team in the backfield.

More athletic on D; pass rush improved greatly. A plow horse for the O, a very skilled WR for Tommy...

Next year, on Super Bowl Sunday we are discssing how we will stop Kevin Kolb and DeSean Jackson in the big game.

22- Brian Price UCLA- will play DE. Stops the run and gets after the QB. A playmaker.

44- Jerry Hughes TCU- OLB. Another playmaker. With Price, our D takes a monumental step. A monster.

47- Mardy Gilyard Cinci- WR. Moss, Edelman, Gilyard and Tate more than keep the team rolling til Welker returns.

53- Toby Gerhart Stanford- Teams with Maroney to provide a thunder and lightning team in the backfield.

More athletic on D; pass rush improved greatly. A plow horse for the O, a very skilled WR for Tommy...

Next year, on Super Bowl Sunday we are discssing how we will stop Kevin Kolb and DeSean Jackson in the big game.

Do you know the measureables on Braun? If Gilyard fell this far i'd be shocked, he seems to be a Desean Jackson type player. I couldn't imagine Gilyard & Tate back deep to return kick offs and punts!

Do you know the measureables on Braun? If Gilyard fell this far i'd be shocked, he seems to be a Desean Jackson type player. I couldn't imagine Gilyard & Tate back deep to return kick offs and punts!

I went with Gilyard @ 47 because the depth of this draft will allow for a very talented group of players to be available @ 47. This draft appears to be loaded at WR, OL, DL with more than a fair share @ QB, RB, Def secondary. Thus, a talent like Gilyard may just be sitting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST