2/1/10 Draft game-you make the picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing by the rules:

#22 OLB Kindle or JPP

#44 ILB Spikes or RB Ryan Mathews

#47 DT Cody or OG Johnson

#53 WR Benn or DE/OLB Lane

Players listed in order of CBS ranking. I would be amazed if either JPP or Benn were available where they are ranked and the Pats were able to snag them at those spots.

I think Mathews has the potential to be a better RB than expected. He certainly has the productivity. But if his 'numbers' aren't that great at the combine he might end up slipping. I haven't heard a lot of hype on him but I'll be keeping an eye open.
Ryan Matthews NFL Draft scoutingreport - Mocking The Draft

In this deep of a draft, I could easily see the Pats trading one of their 2nd round picks for two 3rd rounders instead.

Last edited:
made trades using espn's value chart.

22 for 31 and 95
31 for 48 and 80
End picks 44 47 48 53 80 95
(If you want someone like JPP at 37-40 region as is his rating you trade 95 for that corresponding positions 4th for him)

44 Brandon Spikes
47 T Cody
48 J Huges
53 Aurelus Benn
80 Austen lane
95 Best available OL

I think that gives some good young help for the D and a good young reciever fir the O.

tried to edit but couldn't. my second options including my trades were.

44 S Weatherspoon (ILB)
47 Jerry Huges (OLB)
48 Arron Hernandez (TE)
53 Arrelious Benn (WR)
80 Cam Thomas (3-4 DE)
95 George Selvie (OLB) <-- taken on potential not on recent form

80 Cam Thomas (3-4 DE)

While I like Thomas in case Wilfork is traded away, he is really not a DE in any scheme. He is a human traffic jam with some reasonable short-area quickness. It would be more realistic to use Thomas at NT and shift Wilfork to DE...but that wouldn't be my Plan A either.

#22 - Jonathan Dwyer, RB
#44 - Kyle Wilson, CB
#47 - Mt Cody, DT
#53 - Jerry Hughes, OLB

22 Sergio Kindle OLB Texas
44 Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
47 Aaron Hernandez TE Florida
53 Tyson Alualu DT California

Last edited:
#22--Ricky Sapp DE/OLB Clemson

#44--Terrance Cody DT Alabama

#47--Aaron Hernandez TE Florida

#53--Jerry Hughes DE/OLB TCU

22 Bryan Bulaga OT (mean & nasty)
44 Brandon Spikes ILB
47 Mt. Cody DT
53 Jerry Hughes OLB

22 - WR Golden Tate - I want him more than anybody else, I see real superstar potential in him. He is a BB type of guy too as he has played at tailback and is a punt/kick returner.
44 - QB/TE/RB Tim Tebow - We all know BB likes him, he can play numerous positions. A lock if he gets this far down the draft.
47 - DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - Everybody thinks its gonna happen. I will be very happy if it does.
53 - DE/OLB Jason Worlds -Another guy who with huge potential.

A little twist:

22-Kindle OLB
44-Wooten DE/LB (I cheated)
47-Cody NT/DT
53-Gerhart RB (I cheated again)

For Laughs

119-Chris Cook CB
193-Freddie Barnes WR
206-(Comp)-Quarless TE
233-Rolle-SS
235-Holliday WR/KR

Trade: Swap Maroney for Santana Moss.
Trade AD for Fifth Rounder-Pick up Josh Hull ILB Penn State.

FA:
Keith Bulloch OLB (Leadership and passion)
Aaron Kampman OLB/DE (Pass rush and has experience in both positions)
Donte Stallworth WR (We need two WR until Welker gets back. BB is reluctant to start rookies. Edelman in the slot. S. Moss and Stallworth as your #2 and #3 OR #3 and #4 pending spread formation. Tate might be done and smells of a Crable type bust. Barnes would be your #5 WR. Stallworth knows the system and will play hard to get back to performing well to prove himself plus added depth if Randy leaves in 2011)

Plan B=Swap Maroney and AD and maybe our 6th for TE Cooley from the Skins. They need an RB and Shanny loves Maroney. His scheme might fit Maroney better. They can use a OLB.

Plan C=Swap #44 for Boldin. Make double sure you can get Kampman. Start Kindle day one for his outside rush game.

Plan D=Swap Maroney for LenDale White who is a RFA. At only 26 and 1,100 yards and 28 receptions two years ago, he is an upgrade on Maroney IMO. Now we do not have to Draft a RB.

For the Maroney camp who wants to keep him. He is not going to bring anything in 2011 especially if he is a FA. . Might as well get something now

Plan F=Swap #22 and #53 to move up and get McLain somewhere around #10.

Plan G=Swap and package of players or picks for Urlacher. He still has a few years and changes the dynamics of this team with Heart and lost toughness. I think the Bears blink. Yes he can work a 3/4 with Mayo. That is just silly to think not.

We drafted two OL (Orhnberger they love) players last year beside Volmer. Do we need more with LaVoir and Connelly too? They have another year in the system. Have Kaczur play RG until one is ready.

DW Toys

Omg, I just got a migraine :(

#22: Sergio Kindle OLB/ Everson Griffen or JPP DE/ Dan Williams DT
#42: Damian Williams WR/Brandon Spikes ILB
#47: Demaryius Thomas WR//Jerry Hughes OLB/Rob Gronkowski TE/
#58: Austen Lane DE/Anthony Dixon RB/

I chose #42 and #47 because with weapons, the Pats aren't so easily defensed. TB spreads the ball and the Pats win more games. It's the quickest and most efficient route to improving the team, imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye