44. Aaron Hernandez
47. Vlad Ducasse
53. Mardy Gilyard

22 Jared Odrick DE
44 Kyle Wilson CB
47 Dexter McCluster RB/WR
53 Koa Misi OLB

22 - Odrick
TRADE two 2's to move up to early second for JPP (and get a third)
47 - Terrance Cody

Ok I'll try this with the rules we have set.

(22) Jared Odrick DE/DT Penn State
(44) Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
(47) Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
(53) Jerry Hughes OLB TCU

I agree with a few of the posters here Dexter McCluster would be hard to pass up if he's on the board. But I'm thinking defense and pass rush and big receiver in these selections.

22. Jason Pierre-Paul, OLB, South Florida
44. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
47. Daryl Washington, MLB, TCU
53. Joe McKnight, RB, USC

#22 Dan Williams, NT
#44 Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB
#47 Arrelious Benn, WR
#53 Amari Spievey, CB (or best OG available)

22. Brian Price, DT, UCLA
Rock solid DT whose stock is on the rise. Makes a trade of Wilfork easier, but he could also play some 3-4 end when not getting into the backfield from the 4-3.
23 1/2 tackles for loss and seven sacks in his junior season, Price has Suh-like upside.

44. Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
A great addition to the new 4-3, Weatherspoon also starts inside next to Mayo when in the 3-4. In the 4-3, Weatherspoon is on one side, Mayo in the middle, and Guyton/McKenzie man the other side. One of the best young LB corps in the league, with speed to burn.

47. Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU
Hughes is the 3rd versatile defender taken by the Patriots. As a pass rushing DE or 3-4 OLB with quality coverage skills, Hughes fits right in, no matter what the base defense turns out to be.

53. Vladimir Ducasse, OT, UMass
Another versatile player, expect to see Ducasse start the season at right guard, replacing Stephen Neal. Ducasse will also be developed as a tackle.

In the 3rd round, the Patriots trade up for LeGarrette Blount, who turns out to be 2010's Shonn Greene.

Last edited:
22 -- DT Dan Williams
44 -- Looks like a trade back would be in order, but: OLB Koa Misi
47 -- Looks like a trade back would be in order, but: OL Rodger Saffold
53 -- Looks like a trade back would be in order, but: WR Mardy Gilyard

Actually, from what I'd read, there will be a coin flip to decide whether or not New England will select #42 or #44 and #47 or #48 in the second round. Otherwise, the Patriots will select at #22 in the first round and #53 in the second round.

Here: WalterFoootball.com: 2010 NFL Draft Order

Anyways, here are my selections...

R1

#22 - Sergio Kindle OLB

R2

#42 or #44 - Kyle Wilson CB
#47 or #48 - Demaryius Thomas WR
#53 - Mike Johnson OG

22 - Jared Odrick DE

42 - Jerry Hughes OLB

47 - Trade to Philly for #70 & #87

53 - Jon Asamoah OG

70 - Carleton Mitchell WR

87 - AJ Edds ILB

Strictly going by the rankings as they appear.

22 - I'll play it safe like BB Odrick will be an anchor on the D Line for years to come.
44 - I wanted Sean Witherspoon but will reach down and take Vlad Ducasse OG UMass
47 - Dexter McCluster - there is just something about this guy I like. Play him at WR
53 - Koa Misi LB Utah - thought about Austen Lane but he is too much of a project

4th I'd take a shot at Myron Rolle FS Florida St. If he lasts this long. Teams may shy away from him because of his mixed signals (Rhodes Scholar). Says he is committed to football, but wants to be a Doctor some day ?????

6th Alric Arnett WR West Virginia
7th a Obrien Scofield DE/LB Wisconsin Blew out his ACL at the Senior Bowl after impressing at the East West Shrine game.
7th b Javaris James RB Miami

22. D. Williams DT, if Wilfork were to leave if not Odrick and pray, pray, pray for Dunlap.
42. J. Hughes OLB I need some more info, if Dunlap fell to us then Spikes at SILB
47. A. Hernandez TE, still like him here
53. D. McCluster WR/RB, or Cody if available.

22 - Jared Odrick DE

42 - Jerry Hughes OLB

47 - Trade to Philly for #70 & #87

53 - Jon Asamoah OG

70 - Carleton Mitchell WR

87 - AJ Edds ILB

I like the trade with down with Philly but would also trade up to #10 with Jacksonville for our second rounder #42, swap #87 (Phillys 3rd rounder) for their fourth round #105, plus Ron Brace. (let's just say they do take RB. Tebow could be had at #42 for Jacksonville. Henderson is a year older and Meier might but cut, Ellison is a journeyman). Brace is expendable with Cody and we sign Wilfork. Pryor is depth.

A second #42 an third #87 and Ron Brace (was 2nd)
for #10 and forth rounder # 105

Think we can get a 4th for AD?

Round 1:
#10-McClain ILB
#22-Kindle OLB

Round 2:
#53-Cody NT

Round 3:
#70-Gerhart RB

Round 4:
#105-Alex Carrington DE
#124-Chris Cook CB

Swap AD for a 4th to AZ:
Freddie Barnes WR (bigger Troy Brown)

COMP 5TH ROUNDER:
Andrew Quarless TE

Round 6:
Marshall Newhouse G

Round 7:
Myron Rolle SS
Jim Dray TE

Now pick up Kampman and or Jason Taylor and Antonio Bryant in FA. Put Kcazur at RG for now and you are competitive if we can land a decent punter in FA like Ryan.

DW Toys

Well, given your rules
Jason Pierre-Paul
Terrence Cody
Jordan Shipley
Austen Lane or Greg Hardy

I have other guys I'd rather have, but I wouldn't be too upset at this.

If RB Dexter McCluster is still available in the mid-late second round, would it be a possibility the Pats draft him. He seems similar to Percy Harvin, a back who could excel at many aspects of the game. Also although RB LaGarrette Blount had the whole Boise State incident, he seems like a big bruising back similar to Brandon Jacobs and should be available in the 5th or 6th rounds. He seems like a good candidate to learn from Fred Taylor...

22. Brian Bulaga - OT - I'd love to see Vollmer at LT and Bulaga at RT to protect Brady for years to come. I'd definitely kick the tires on a Matt Light trade. Kaczur/Neal at RG.

44. Arrelious Benn - WR - My favorite WR for us in the draft. Explosive playmaker who can work the middle of the field and be a physical presence. Good #2 WR to line up opposite Moss, could potentially contribute as KR/PR.

47. Greg Hardy - DE/OLB - My favorite pass rusher in the draft. People have their concerns, but I can't ignore the talent. Getting him at 47 when he was considered a top 10 talent a year ago would be a huge steal IMO.

53. Dexter McCluster - RB/WR - Explosive playmaker out of the backfield reminiscent of Darren Sproles. Could help as KR/PR. Only question I have is with his size can he adequately pick up the blitz.

Last year I would've said Spikes at 44, Benn at 47, and Hardy at 53, but after watching Spikes for another whole year I came away unimpressed. Poor angles, overrated, and doesn't swarm to the ball carrier. He's almost like a cat playing with a ball of yarn. Always pouncing and dancing around it but never really sticking his nose in there consistently to make a play.

Last edited:
22. Kindle, Sergio... over Jared Odrick. Unlike Odrick, he brings more to the table. I just hope he can pick up the defense and is given the green light to rush the QB.

44. Mt. Cody... over Kyle Wilson. If things go south with Wilfork, Cody looks like he can fit the bill (as long as he keeps his shirt on). I would be very skeptical of this pick because I don't think he has the motivation and motor to do the job effectively. Sad to admit when his job is to hold the line of scrimmage.

47. Kyle Wilson... over Syd'quan Thompson. Only because Wilson got great reviews from the Senior Bowl. I hate that the Pats have had to focus on their secondary so much with Wilhite, Wheatley, Merriweather, Chung and Butler, but if Bodden gets paid elsewhere, Wilson could eventually come and contribute.

53. Jordan Shipley... over Dexter McCluster. Yes, I want McCluster but this is a pass first offense with a few damaged ball-catchers. He isn't as fast as I want him to be or elusive, but he plays with great intelligence and maturity.

Actually, from what I'd read, there will be a coin flip to decide whether or not New England will select #42 or #44 and #47 or #48 in the second round. Otherwise, the Patriots will select at #22 in the first round and #53 in the second round.

Actually, there'll be two separate coin flips, one for JAX, one for TEN.

And, DW Toys, the Patriots will NOT be getting a comp 5 for anyone.

22 -- DT Dan Williams
44 -- Looks like a trade back would be in order, but: OLB Koa Misi
47 -- Looks like a trade back would be in order, but: OL Rodger Saffold
53 -- Looks like a trade back would be in order, but: WR Mardy Gilyard

Are you (can you and still take 'em?) trading back to take these three or you think they will climb or should climb to these slots post-combine/pro-day?

Velly intellesting, Belichickian.

22 - DE odrick
44 - OLB Hughes
47 - CB Wilson (unless they sign Bodden then....LB Norwood)
53 - OG Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back