PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

13 straight years without a losing season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's even more impressive to me is that Brady has played in a conference championship game 7 out of 11 seasons as a starter. That is simply staggering.

If he makes it this year and goes 8 of 12 that will be 75% of his seasons as a starter playing in a game to go to the SB. No one else even approaches that level.

ya'll should thank these people & elements

1. Lloyd Carr's 'QB's is a game manager' philosophy - If Brady played under any other coach, he would've thrown for more and really would've been a 3rd-4th rounder. contrary to belief, brady was a good player in college. i still have goosebumps on his performance against alabama in orange bowl. but we were heavily run oriented team.

2. Drew Henson - I was sophomore when brady was senior. You guys had no idea how many diehard michigan fans screamed for Drew Henson. This pressure made Brady better. He never was heralded guy. He became a fighter because of Drew Henson. He ended up keeping his job and went 20-5. contrary to popular belief he never lost the job except 2 times when they shared the load.

3. Michigan Cold - Brady was a Californian. He embraced Michigan weather. I lived in Ann Arbor most of of my life, and it gets seriously cold here. much colder than New England because of the lakes. Winter term at Michigan is no fun.

4. Michigan education - Brady studied at an elite institution. We embrace football, but we aren't those nuts down south. He never was the 'big man on campus'. I took couple of classes with Brady, but nobody really even knew brady. He was just a guy who happened to be a football player. If he was worshipped like Johnny football did who knows he never had that desire to be great?

5. his decision to come to michigan - he never was highly recruited, and he could've chosen baseball. but instead he decided to come to michigan even though we were stacked at QB position. he wanted that struggle and he embraced it

:singing:

We watch and cheer for this team annually piling up wins after wins, seasons after seasons, and it becomes taken for granted from our vantage point. Yet when you look at it from the player's perspective, from the coaches perspective, as if renewed, just thinking about what this team has accomplished since the turn of the century, still takes my breath away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST