PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1 game scouting report - ILB Dedrick Harrington Mizzu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I finally tracked this guy down in the Mizzu-Texas Tech game. Texas Tech is probably not the best opponent to judge LB's against, however here is what I came up with.
He's taller than most Lb's I've been on the field with, just not as tall as I thought he'd be. He's listed at 240lbs, that may be a bit high by 10 or so lbs.
Instincts in the running game. He's got them. Very few false steps on running plays. A bullet to the ball carrier and he can finsih when he gets there.
Pass coverage was not as bad as I thought. Usually if I LB is a big hitter and tackler, they struggle in space. He wasn't a Phifer in coverage, but he's not a Brian Cox either.
All that being said however what stood out to me was a complete lack of speed. I'm talking slow like Freddy Roach, 4.85-4.90 speed at the top end.
Just to be fair however, let me add this. He may have been hurt in that game. Something with his side or hip seemed to be bothering him.
Bottom line - love the instincts and tackling. Feel good about him being a Pats sized LB that could prosper in a 3-4. However can't live the slow speed.

Ochmed Jones said:
Feel good about him being a Pats sized LB that could prosper in a 3-4. However can't live the slow speed.

Thanks Ochmed. I really wanted to watch the game but real life intervened.

Should be able to catch Missouri later in the year on TV. Looking forward to it.....

What Clonamery said - looking forward to having someone to spy when I can catch a game on the tube. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back