Taking one last look at this week’s win over the Jets:
- Yes, it was the Jets but a win is a win. There is stuff to build on but beating a team from start to finish in all 3 phases.
- Folk now holds the record for most consecutive FGs at 33. Yes, he missed another PAT but the guy is becoming automatic. Range is not elite but I am comfortable inside 50. Let the rookie practice for a year and then make the decision.
- James White is back to himself. He wasn’t really used last year for whatever reason, but he is such a good weapon.
- Harris redeemed himself with a “beast mode” run, breaking 7 tackles before being pushed into the EZ. Anyone notice who one of the first there to get that shove? Yeah, Mac shouldn’t be doing that.
- Our pass D was very good. 4 picks and good coverage. Only 1 miscommunication that I saw.
- Ja’Whaun Bentley is playing much better this year and I think it’s because Hightower is out there. He was all over the field
- Christian Barmore had a very nice game. Disruptive in the run game and some pressure from the interior.
- D Mac was everywhere. Loved the effort on the tip drill pick and then had his own later with a big return.
- Over the weekend, without any press or fanfare, Robert Kraft showed up at a FLAG Flag Football Boston game, a flag football league for the LGBTQ community. He also supports them financially but to just show up and watch the game shows what kind of guy he is.
- Completely not football related but… During the Dodgers/Reds game, Friedl, a rookie, hit his first HR to right field. Mookie Betts, the outfielder, got the fan’s attention and retrieved the ball for the kid. Exchanged it for an autographed bat. This is a class guy and I miss him on the Sox.
- The Carlton Knights pitched a shutout, blanking the Crown College Storm 51-0 in a lopsided contest. QB Johnny Singleton continued his torrid start with 269 yards and 6 TDs in 3 quarters of play. The D held the Crown QB (who blew up last week for 400+ yards passing last week) to 168 yards and the rushing game to -52 yards. Ben played the 4th quarter and had a tackle.
- With no Trent Brown, the revolving door at RT continues. Druant, who came in last week and played well, was terrible. We need to fix this now.
- LT is not that much better. Isaiah Wynn is not playing well, allowing a couple of pressures and a hold. Mac needs some help back there.
- I understand not kicking deep to a dangerous returner, but you cannot put it out of bounds. Mental mistake. Just put it through the EZ if you don’t want a return.
- On the White throwback to Mac, Agholar was open deep but Mac went underneath to Smith. He’ll get more comfortable with time, but this was a shot play that was open.
- Anyone else clamoring for Zack Wilson? I know he’s a rookie but that was a putrid performance. All of those picks were on him. It’s one thing to take chances but there is another to be reckless.
- The run D has to step up a little. We are still not tackling well and allowing 10 yard runs with little resistance.
- With the game out of hand and time running out, the Jets D was celebrating when they made a stop at the goal line. You have to understand the situation before doing something like that
- Salah has 7 kids, a wife and a nanny living in 2 hotel rooms while his home is being renovated. Doesn’t he have enough money to rent an entire house for a couple months? What the hell dude.
- Mac’s intentional grounding was one of the ugliest plays I’ve seen in a while. Just eat the ball or launch it out of bounds earlier.
- The Chargers had 2 TDs and a 40-yard gain wiped out due to penalties. One was a phantom ineligible man downfield and the other on a ticky tack hold. Way to shoot yourself in the foot.
- I don’t know if you heard of this guy named Julio Jones but apparently, he’s pretty good. Was completely robbed of a TD where he clearly had both feet in bounds but was called out. Maybe if he had a better reputation, he’d start getting calls like that.
Posted Under: 2021 Patriots Season
Tags: New England Patriots vs NY Jets