The New England Patriots received a boost to their 2020 NFL draft capital on Tuesday.
The National Football League announced the finalized list of 32 compensation picks to 15 teams, The Patriots earned the most with four selections.
The Patriots were awarded two third rounders (selections 98 and 100) and two sixth round picks (selections 212 and 213), adding to their overall total of 12 selections in the 2020 draft.
Here is the full list of 2020 Patriots draft picks courtesy of NESN’s Zack Cox.
(The picks are subject to change as trades are likely to occur before and during the draft.)
- First round: 23rd overall
- Third round: 87th overall
- Third round: 98th overall (compensatory)
- Third round: 100th overall (compensatory)
- Fourth round: 125th overall (via Chicago)
- Sixth round: 198th overall (via Houston)
- Sixth round: 207th overall(via Denver)
- Sixth round: 212th overall (compensatory)
- Sixth round: 213th overall (compensatory)
- Seventh round: 233rd overall (via Seattle)
- Seventh round: 238th overall (via Atlanta)
- Seventh round: 244th overall (via Philadelphia)
Compensatory selections are given to teams that lose more compensatory free agents than it acquires the previous year.
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport broke down what team’s lost and gained during the 2019 offseason, the Patriots lost seven to free agency and only acquired one player.
If you’re wondering about comp pick specifics, here is the breakdown of what teams lost and gained. pic.twitter.com/jtQf7c7sqQ
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 10, 2020
Since the start of the 2017 NFL Draft, compensatory picks have become tradable assets.
Posted Under: Patriots News
Tags: 2020 NFL Draft