PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yanks/Pats Fan

Reaction score
Guyz U know...Everybody keeps asking me How I could be a Yankees & a Patriots fan at the same time???...My answer to them is... I like their PROFESSIONALISM & HOW BOTH TEAMS PLAY DA GAME...Is there anything WRONG with that???...I mean REALLY....Whats so ABNORMAL about being a Yankees & a Patriots fan???...I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND IF I LIKE THE YANKEES, WHY DO I HAVE 2 HATE EVERY SINGLE BOSTON TEAM???...I mean I'mma Yankee fan, but I got nothin against DA SOX...If the Yankees r out, I gotz no problem cheering on the Sox...I was happy when they Won this Year (CONGRATULATIONS RED SOX!!!)...I guess I'm the only Yankee fan that could root 4 da SOX...So, I hope U guyz understand & accept my stance on the Yanks & SOX....Cause 2 me, the RED SOX are nothing more than a team in Yanks div. (just like the D-RAYS)....& I REALLY DO NOT GIVE A F*** ABOUT THE YANKS/SOX RIVALRY!!!...ALRIGHT, LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!!;)

Feel better now?

All aboard the bandwagon.

Guyz U know...Everybody keeps asking me How I could be a Yankees & a Patriots fan at the same time???...My answer to them is... I like their PROFESSIONALISM & HOW BOTH TEAMS PLAY DA GAME...Is there anything WRONG with that???...I mean REALLY....Whats so ABNORMAL about being a Yankees & a Patriots fan???...I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND IF I LIKE THE YANKEES, WHY DO I HAVE 2 HATE EVERY SINGLE BOSTON TEAM???...I mean I'mma Yankee fan, but I got nothin against DA SOX...If the Yankees r out, I gotz no problem cheering on the Sox...I was happy when they Won this Year (CONGRATULATIONS RED SOX!!!)...I guess I'm the only Yankee fan that could root 4 da SOX...So, I hope U guyz understand & accept my stance on the Yanks & SOX....Cause 2 me, the RED SOX are nothing more than a team in Yanks div. (just like the D-RAYS)....& I REALLY DO NOT GIVE A F*** ABOUT THE YANKS/SOX RIVALRY!!!...ALRIGHT, LET'S GO PATRIOTS!!!!;)

Cool, I got no problem with your rant.............. The Skankees still SUCK, but I have no problem with you posting your opinion. :singing:

Last edited:
i suspect that, even if i could make sense of this, i would be somewhere between nauseated and befuddled

:bricks:

Last edited:
I am a Pats and Yankees fan too. There are more of us out there than New Englanders would like to admit. I too, was attracted to the Yankees for their professionalism, attitude and work ethic.

I am a Pats and Yankees fan too. There are more of us out there than New Englanders would like to admit. I too, was attracted to the Yankees for their professionalism, attitude and work ethic.

Makes sense to me. Welcome! Go Pats.

No, its just plain wrong. I always felt where you grew up formulated what team you rooted for. Then, I read Bill Simmons rules on Bandwagon fans and it confirmed my beliefs. Rule #2: If your city has fielded a professional team since your formative years, you have to support that team. There are six rules. If you feel your exempt, state your case and I'll be more then happy to post the rule that applies. Rooting for Patriots and Yankees is pure blasphemy.

Well, I hope U guyz accept me as Yankees/Patriots Fan....THANX GUYZ!!!:rocker:

I've known quite a few Pats/Yanks fans, and almost every one of them came from western Connecticut. None of them ever understood why they had to like the Red Sox if they liked the Pats. I wouldn't consider any of them bandwagoners either, as I knew them well before the Belichick era. I don't understand it myself, but I'm not necessarily going to hate them just for liking the Yankees.

your not a fan. you support a team based on how you think it reflects on you. you don't choose a team to be a fan of. the team chooses you and just like marriage its for better or worse. i grew up in the Boston area and when i was 5 i didn't become a fan based on the teams professionalism:rolleyes: give me a break. I'm a fan of Boston teams because they represent where I'm from .and if i move to Spain ill still be a Boston sports fan. there is no such thing as a Yankee patriots fan .they don't exist thank god .you can just go on pretending .i guarantee you that you don't get nearly the enjoyment i do when Boston teams win.

Well, I hope U guyz accept me as Yankees/Patriots Fan....THANX GUYZ!!!:rocker:
i will never accept a yankee fan unless you happen to be part of the united states armed forces .if i was in charge of the band wagon i would throw your sorry ass off the wagon :rocker:

Last edited:
your not a fan. you support a team based on how you think it reflects on you. you don't choose a team to be a fan of. the team chooses you and just like marriage its for better or worse. i grew up in the Boston area and when i was 5 i didn't become a fan based on the teams professionalism:rolleyes: give me a break. I'm a fan of Boston teams because they represent where I'm from .and if i move to Spain ill still be a Boston sports fan. there is no such thing as a Yankee patriots fan .they don't exist thank god .you can just go on pretending .i guarantee you that you don't get nearly the enjoyment i do when Boston teams win.

You guys are too funny. It's real simple. I grew up in Massachusetts and I've been a Patriots fan all my life. I am 33 and I remember my Dad watching the Pats in the 1970s. We went to a couple of training camps in the late 1970s. When I was 5 or 6 I met Sam Cunningham and got his autograph (still have the pic!!).

When I was 20, I moved from Massachusetts to New York. I was still a Patriots fan but during my years in New York, I gained an appreciation for baseball that I didn't have when I was a kid. The Yankees were a logical choice for me given my geographic location and the types of sports teams I preferred to watch; professional, hard-working, strong desire to win, quiet (i.e., no trash talking) etc.

When the Pats won the Super Bowl in 2002, my brother and I cried tears of joy. We had been through so much with the Pats over the years. What a relief.

Moving out of New England did confim one thing for me that I didn't think was true when I lived in Massachusetts. New Englanders are very provincial.

When I hear "When the Yankees are out of it I root for the Sox" it tells me that person follows baseball like I follow NASCAR or golf.

Last edited:
You guys are too funny. It's real simple. I grew up in Massachusetts and I've been a Patriots fan all my life. I am 33 and I remember my Dad watching the Pats in the 1970s. We went to a couple of training camps in the late 1970s. When I was 5 or 6 I met Sam Cunningham and got his autograph (still have the pic!!).

When I was 20, I moved from Massachusetts to New York. I was still a Patriots fan but during my years in New York, I gained an appreciation for baseball that I didn't have when I was a kid. The Yankees were a logical choice for me given my geographic location and the types of sports teams I preferred to watch; professional, hard-working, strong desire to win, quiet (i.e., no trash talking) etc.

When the Pats won the Super Bowl in 2002, my brother and I cried tears of joy. We had been through so much with the Pats over the years. What a relief.

Moving out of New England did confim one thing for me that I didn't think was true when I lived in Massachusetts. New Englanders are very provincial.
so if i moved to newyork i should become a yankee fan ?:rolleyes: you were 20 give me a freakin break.you just wanted to fit in with your new friends.you should of had the balls to be who you really are instead of bowing to peer pressure .anyway your not welcome on the patriots bandwagon get lost.when your a fan of a team its something your heart decides .your just a typical yankmee front runner .

When I hear "When the Yankees are out of it I root for the Sox" it tells me that person follows baseball like I follow NASCAR or golf.
bingo :rocker: :rocker:

Bill Simmons reason #4: If your between the ages of 20 and 40 and root for the Yankees, Cowboys, Braves, Raiders, Steelers, Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Canadiens and/or Oilers without hailing from their respective regions.....you better have a reason that goes beyond, "I really liked the Yankees hats".

My perspective, there professionalism falls under the hat critique. Not to mention Rule #2, your city fielded a professional team since your formative years.

so if i moved to newyork i should become a yankee fan ?:rolleyes: you were 20 give me a freakin break.you just wanted to fit in with your new friends.you should of had the balls to be who you really are instead of bowing to peer pressure .anyway your not welcome on the patriots bandwagon get lost.when your a fan of a team its something your heart decides .your just a typical yankmee front runner .

You are a pretty arrogant guy patriotspride. I didn't like the Red Sox when I lived in Mass. and I didn't like them when I lived in New York either.

As a devoted Celtics fan in the 1980s, I appreciated the way they played the game. I saw the same traits in the Yankees of 1996-2001. And it was great. Unfortunately, they no longer play that style of baseball but I am still a fan.

As for the Patriots, who the hell are you to call me a bandwagon fan? I have followed the team every year since 1984. I have seen the ups and down of the franchise and I consider myself to be a loyal fan. I pay a fortune for NFL Sunday Ticket and I wear my Pats gear proudly here in NY (and nobody bothers me about it), and I will do so even after Belichick and Brady retire and the Pats are back to their usual 5-11 record.

You really need to get over your hatred for all things New York and drop the huge inferiority complex that sits on your shoulders.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back