PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade one of the Pats firsts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
From most things I have read this draft is better in the middle rounds then in the first rounds. Meaning that there is not alot of top talent in the draft and this may be a draft where very good players can be found in rounds 2-3. Now I dont know how true that is, but I wonder who out there would trade a first round pick for a 2nd and 3rd in this years draft. Acording to the draft value chart, the #24 pick can get us the #40 and #72 pick. And the #28 pick will get us the #45 and #77 pick. With the events of the past day (Jackson's injury and Dillon wanting out) the Pats may have more needs then we thought.

From most things I have read this draft is better in the middle rounds then in the first rounds. Meaning that there is not alot of top talent in the draft and this may be a draft where very good players can be found in rounds 2-3. Now I dont know how true that is, but I wonder who out there would trade a first round pick for a 2nd and 3rd in this years draft. Acording to the draft value chart, the #24 pick can get us the #40 and #72 pick. And the #28 pick will get us the #45 and #77 pick. With the events of the past day (Jackson's injury and Dillon wanting out) the Pats may have more needs then we thought.

I wouldn't but that doesn't mean they won't. The new CBA has contract limits of 4 years with RFA after 3 for all rookies taken after the first round. Although this hasn't been reflected in the value chart, it has to weigh heavily in the minds of GM types everywhere.

I wouldn't but that doesn't mean they won't. The new CBA has contract limits of 4 years with RFA after 3 for all rookies taken after the first round. Although this hasn't been reflected in the value chart, it has to weigh heavily in the minds of GM types everywhere.

good point. I forgot about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye