PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did Malcolm Butler tweet this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Why did Malcolm Butler retweet this graphic about Jay Cutler carving up the Patriots?

Just saw this on NBC Sports website. He deleted it subsequently... but why would he tweet a stat about how well Cutler did against the Patriots blitz? Was he saying the blitzes were a mistake?

A player tweeting about game strategy...a PATRIOT player...

tumblr_ngebhuAt8d1qjgyvoo1_500.gif

Wouldn't be shocked if Butler gets the Welker treatment to start Pittsburgh.

Mayo speculated (see current Quick Slants podcast) that since Butler is in a contract year and got noticeably beat in prime time he was kinda pissed that the blitz didn't get home and made him look bad.

Mayo then joked that Berj most probably walked to Malcolm pretty quickly and asked him to delete that post.

Speaking as Malcolms official Twitter officer I think it's fairly obvious he was bored and decided to mess with everyone ones head.

True story bro.

Last edited:
Who knows why people do what they do. I probably would have retweeted something like that and added a line saying, "I need to put in the work to make sure that this doesn't happen again." As it is, rather cryptic.

Why would any of y'all make the knee-jerk assumption that he was sticking it to BB or MattyP?
Could more likely have been he was tweaking himself and the secondary for not holding up during blitz plays.
I'm a little shocked because some of you are among the posters I like and respect the most. Found your responses to be out of character.
The point is, a lot of people here tweak the " mediots"(and deservedly so) for wildly assuming things and always putting a negative spin on things without knowing the facts.
Some of y'all just acted exactly like those mediots.
I'll personally withhold any comment until I have more info than that. Not saying it's out of the realm of possibility that MB was tweaking his coaches. But it's unlikely and none of us know. MB has certainly earned the benefit of the doubt.

I'm a little shocked because some of you are among the posters I like and respect the most

I do not like the idea of a Patriots player tweeting about game strategy successes or failures. Butler, Brady, McCourty, whomever. IMHO:

That. Is. Not. Their. Job. Period.

likely confused butler with cutler

I do not like the idea of a Patriots player tweeting about game strategy successes or failures. Butler, Brady, McCourty, whomever. IMHO:

That. Is. Not. Their. Job. Period.

That's BB's job to get mad about, not ours.

What's our job?

Edit; There was supposed to be an emoji of sarcasm in there.
I'm not very good at my job. Lol

Seems less and less likely he's going to be here next year.

There is zero chance he is here next year. He is almost 30 and some team will overpay him. CB is one of the positions that gets overpaid.

Heard Bedard saying this on the clown show, and I know this will cause some people to roll eyes, but I agree: wouldn't be shocked if stuff comes to a head with Butler sooner than later. Not like he's been playing that great anyways.

"Coach what do you have to say about Malcolm Butler re-tweeting Jay Cutler's statline from the other night??"

"What's a re-twitter?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes