PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which "Under the Radar" Patriot Will have biggest impact in 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a more unique answer would be the Gost. I see a lot of closer games next year and he will be under pressure to make some 4th quarter kicks. Other than SD two years ago when he made a kick with about 2 minutes left, he has never had the game on the line.

Also, maybe the staff begins to respect his ability to attempt 47 yard FGs in a dome.

Chad Jackson on the offensive side

Mike Richardson on the defensive side (he'll be our nickel corner by the opening of the regular season, he showed alot of promise prior to getting hurt)

Richardson. He has a chance to start and was hearing good things about him until he got injured.

I know its early, but in adressing the draft and free agency, the FO has to think about which players they already have that could become an important non ST player.
The choices: David Thomas, Oscar Lua, Mike Richardson, Pierre Woods, Eric Alexander or Willie Andrews

Of that sorry lot only Dave Thomas has some slight potential to produce outside of special teams. It wouldn't be much of a shock if a few of those players don't make the final 53. As a whole they are a good group of special teamers but not much more.

Mike Richardson - The guy gets a lot of love for a 6th round pick who played for a terrible college defense and has yet to take a single snap against any starting caliber players.

LeKevin Smith

The choices: David Thomas, Oscar Lua, Mike Richardson, Pierre Woods, Eric Alexander or Willie Andrews

I guess if those are the choices, I'd go with Thomas since he showed flashes in 2006 and there is room to play at TE with Brady a year older and Watson still showing shaky hands.

The rest of the guys on that list are strictly STers or guys unlikely to make the 53.

Mike Richardson - The guy gets a lot of love for a 6th round pick who played for a terrible college defense and has yet to take a single snap against any starting caliber players.

Call him the new Bam Childress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes