PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Media Personality is good enough....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Which media guy whether its in a daily paper or on national TV either on a pre game show or as a game announcer and whom has so much knowledge of the game and has great in depth opinions that you would think he might actually make a good coach in the league?

Of course Jimmy Johnson,John Madden and the other former NFL coaches to do not count since they were coaches once.

IMO Its Cris Collinsworth who is a very smart commentator and has great knowledge of the game and Phil Simms who I think is one of the best announcers in football telecasts and bet he would bring a bit of that Parcells smarts on the field.

Your opinion?

Which media guy whether its in a daily paper or on national TV either on a pre game show or as a game announcer and whom has so much knowledge of the game and has great in depth opinions that you would think he might actually make a good coach in the league?

Of course Jimmy Johnson,John Madden and the other former NFL coaches to do not count since they were coaches once.

IMO Its Cris Collinsworth who is a very smart commentator and has great knowledge of the game and Phil Simms who I think is one of the best announcers in football telecasts and bet he would bring a bit of that Parcells smarts on the field.

Your opinion?

Ron Jawarski (sp?), for sure would make a great O Coord

Kirwan, though I hate his draft predictions and i think that was his main job.

Ron Jawarski (sp?), for sure would make a great O Coord

Jaws breaks down film well, and seems to have a real passion for coaching. Plus....when he grows it....has a sweet 'stashe.

Kirwan, though I hate his draft predictions and i think that was his main job.

Pat Kirwan was a GM, if I remember correctly. The Jets I believe.

I like Boomer Esiason, but I can't decide whether I think he would be a good coach or not.

I agree with the Jaworski pick.

I'm going with Jaws, as well. Can't beat his breakdowns of game film.

Randy Cross would work as a coach, with similarities to the JAX coach. While Dan Dierdorf would not be out of his element as a head coach, along the lines of an Andy Reid.

I agree with the Simms, Jaws, Collinsworth suggestions, but I don't think any of these guys want to work that hard again...

There are a few I like but I was very impressed with Mike Mayock on the NFL network. His work during the draft was very impressive I thought.

Last edited:
Randy Cross would work as a coach, with similarities to the JAX coach.

Agreed if it gets Cross off the airwaves. Remember the Pats game at the Jets last year that he broadcast? He also has a radio show here in Atlanta. He's just not very good as a broadcaster.

A sleeper I was found of was **** Vermeil last season. He did a good job and was suprised he wasn't offered. He gives a locker room-personal coach to player view that I really liked. Jaws is great too.

A sleeper I was found of was **** Vermeil last season. He did a good job and was suprised he wasn't offered. He gives a locker room-personal coach to player view that I really liked. Jaws is great too.

I think you have the original post in reverse with that response :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore